There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

raiders miscellany

A co worker and I were talking about da radas today.

I mentioned they need to sign 4 good+ players this off-season and front load the s**t out of their contracts.

Alterran Gerber, Byrd, bennet, and OR tarrel brown

Then get Chris Johnson and/or MJD.

And sign Vick and demarcus ware.

These signings, I think, will increase attendance give them a balance and some excitement. It may not win them a SB but it would get the fans interested.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
They have so many needs.

Does anyone seeing them trading back for extra picks?

I don't see us trading with them but you never know.
Agree and I think Oakland would love to find someone that could give them a handful of picks similar the rumor that was floating around a couple of weeks ago-

Over on Walterfootball.com a poster posted his 1st round Mock Draft. Now we all know that mocks this early in the off season are a BS. Things change so much in the next couple of months. Players rise and fall so much.

But what I found HI-larious is that he has the Niners picking Watkins @ 5 and sending 9 picks (1.30, 2.24, 2.29, 3.13, 3.30, 6.29, 7.27, 7.28, 7.30) to Oak for it.

When did we sign Mike Ditka as Head Coach?
LOL That does sound like the Ricky Williams trade. Personally I would hate a trade like that because SF wouldn't use Watkins enough to justify making that deal.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
A co worker and I were talking about da radas today.

I mentioned they need to sign 4 good+ players this off-season and front load the s**t out of their contracts.

Alterran Gerber, Byrd, bennet, and OR tarrel brown

Then get Chris Johnson and/or MJD.

And sign Vick and demarcus ware.

These signings, I think, will increase attendance give them a balance and some excitement. It may not win them a SB but it would get the fans interested.

Easy there Dan Snyder. :-P

They need to grab a LT first and foremost and secondly a top pass rusher like Micheal Johnson since they let both Veldheer and Houston walk. With 60+ mill in cap space they should have prioritized their own first.

I agree with going all in on the top corner on the market, Alteraun Verner.

After that stay moderate. If MJD or CJ2K are willing to take moderate short term deals fine. They need to build mostly through the draft. I understand exciting the fans and selling tickets but they need to not fall back into SCH.

And no dog killing QB's. Get Josh McCown. 1 year for a nice chunk of change.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
A co worker and I were talking about da radas today.

I mentioned they need to sign 4 good+ players this off-season and front load the s**t out of their contracts.

Alterran Gerber, Byrd, bennet, and OR tarrel brown

Then get Chris Johnson and/or MJD.

And sign Vick and demarcus ware.

These signings, I think, will increase attendance give them a balance and some excitement. It may not win them a SB but it would get the fans interested.

Easy there Dan Snyder. :-P

They need to grab a LT first and foremost and secondly a top pass rusher like Micheal Johnson since they let both Veldheer and Houston walk. With 60+ mill in cap space they should have prioritized their own first.

I agree with going all in on the top corner on the market, Alteraun Verner.

After that stay moderate. If MJD or CJ2K are willing to take moderate short term deals fine. They need to build mostly through the draft. I understand exciting the fans and selling tickets but they need to not fall back into SCH.

And no dog killing QB's. Get Josh McCown. 1 year for a nice chunk of change.

lol spell check making verner gerber.

i wasn't implying signing them all to massive deals. verner(5 for 70), brown(4 for 36, and byrd(5 for 40) would get the contracts. and the first year being for $18, $11, and $10 respectively, with a lot of the guaranteed money used.

then i think the others will get 1-3 year deals. re signing mcfadden threw a wrench in the RB thing. and i am not sure of mccown would want to go there, and vick i think just wants to start.

but then drafting watkins, clowney, or trading down.


it would have covered some short term issues while keeping long term healthy. it is just going to be difficult spending $60 million.
Mckenzie should be fired. Soon.

That said I can understand why no one wants to sign there. They are better off committing to the long term right now and stockpiling as many draft picks as possible. Get the guys they want in GM & HC and build their player base.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
lol spell check making verner gerber.

i wasn't implying signing them all to massive deals. verner(5 for 70), brown(4 for 36, and byrd(5 for 40) would get the contracts. and the first year being for $18, $11, and $10 respectively, with a lot of the guaranteed money used.

then i think the others will get 1-3 year deals. re signing mcfadden threw a wrench in the RB thing. and i am not sure of mccown would want to go there, and vick i think just wants to start.

but then drafting watkins, clowney, or trading down.


it would have covered some short term issues while keeping long term healthy. it is just going to be difficult spending $60 million.


What happens if they don't spend to 90% of the cap like they're supposed to?
holy crap are they still a NFL team? forgot about this team.
Originally posted by stunder49:
holy crap are they still a NFL team? forgot about this team.

How can you forget? raiders fans constantly talk s**t to niner fans for no good reason.
How in the world do they resign McFadden for 4 mill. They threw 10's of millions on him and he's hurt for the good part of 3/4's of each season since he came out of college.. This move illustrates why this organization comes in last every year.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
How in the world do they resign McFadden for 4 mill. They threw 10's of millions on him and he's hurt for the good part of 3/4's of each season since he came out of college.. This move illustrates why this organization comes in last every year.

Actually it was a great deal for Oakland. 1 year prove yourself deal and up to 4 mill...cap hit is 1.55 and 2.25 is in incentives.


JDT, sorry I thought you done went Dan Snyder on em'.
They need to start w/building both lines.

When we drafted ADavis and Iupati that started the OLine building blocks that produced results.

Ray Mac & Justin were the 2 DLine building blocks.

The wars are won in the trenches.

They need so much, from a QB to receivers and on & on.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by stunder49:
holy crap are they still a NFL team? forgot about this team.

How can you forget? raiders fans constantly talk s**t to niner fans for no good reason.

i dont hang out with raider fans for that reason
If you get drafted by the raiders don't expect to resign, they will let you walk and sign another player for more money

What a retarded message to send to guys
Raiders f**king suck plain and simple. Just in that saffold failed his physical. WAY TO GO RAIDERS!
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Raiders f**king suck plain and simple. Just in that saffold failed his physical. WAY TO GO RAIDERS!