sign Desean Jackson to a 10 year $150 mill deal
Pass up Sammy Watkins and draft Brandin Cooks at #5
Originally posted by IT21:
If al Davis was alive:

Sign Vick
Trade for Chris Johnson
sign Desean Jackson to a 10 year $150 mill deal
Pass up Sammy Watkins and draft Brandin Cooks at #5

If you didnt grossly over pay desean and didnt draft cooks with the 5th (which al would do) then not bad moves really...
I see them going w/Watkins.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I see them going w/Watkins.

If they have changed their ways, I agree. Sucks for Watkins.

If they are still doing things the raider way, they'll draft Manziel.
Tough call since we really don't know what Mark Davis is about yet.

My thinking is there isn't a clear "franchise QB" in this draft like Luck was. And w/this draft being VERY deep in many positions, I'm thinking a lot of QB's will fall.

Manziel is the flavor of the month and may be taken first but I feel Watkins is way to good for them to pass.

Maybe Carr would be available near #30 and they'll trade back into the first.

My thinking is there isn't a clear "franchise QB" in this draft like Luck was. And w/this draft being VERY deep in many positions, I'm thinking a lot of QB's will fall.

Manziel is the flavor of the month and may be taken first but I feel Watkins is way to good for them to pass.

I don't think you take a qb, especially considering the staff may be on the way out after this year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I don't think you take a qb, especially considering the staff may be on the way out after this year.

Agreed. Schaub is their guy now. You are better off loading up offensive weapons with a vet QB. If the team tanks, then you are going to change the QB and coaching staff anyway.

Look at the turnaround the Chiefs had with good QB play and a smart HC.
I'm hoping some QB falls to us and they trade back into the 1st.
Again, these sorry f**ks can draft anyone they want, but as long as Dennis Allen is the HC they will never, ever, EVER go above 500.

#troof
I really don't care how well they do - just hoping we can exploit it for our gain.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
come on, if this guy was the ceo of your company, you'd be brimming with confidence and hope.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
I'm hoping some QB falls to us and they trade back into the 1st.

i hear ya. a great opportunity to extract a pick or two out of them.
i tell ya what i'd ask for--#30 for raider 2nd and raider 2nd in 2015. it's crazy, but you gotta ask and hopefully you can sell it. draft time is the only time i endorse being a rapist.
Originally posted by xcfan:
i hear ya. a great opportunity to extract a pick or two out of them.
i tell ya what i'd ask for--#30 for raider 2nd and raider 2nd in 2015. it's crazy, but you gotta ask and hopefully you can sell it. draft time is the only time i endorse being a rapist.

You're right.

If you don't ask - you'll never know.

Who knows, they could counter-offer w/a 3rd in 2015.
Share 49ersWebzone