• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by MaleMammal:
They want Brown and DJ Hayden to start...Rogers will play the slot.

As it stands right now, that actually seems much better than what we have as far a CBs go. We got it much better at the safety positions, though.

It can get much better for us, but coaches/players got a lot of hard work ahead of them.

Well, a couple things:

I think Brown and Rogers won't be nearly as effective without the front 7 we have here in SF. I know the Raiders brought in guys like Tuck, Woodley, Smith to strengthen the d-line, but it seems like a mish-mash of older players on the decline. Our front 7 took years in the making to become the dominant group that it is, and the secondary benefited greatly from that.

I do think Brock/Culliver would be an upgrade over Brown/Rogers. Brock proved to be our best corner last year, and if Culliver ever gives up his love for potato decision making, he has the size/speed/skill/youth to be an upgrade over Rogers. Add in a 1st round pick, and we look pretty damn good.

True, Brock/Culliver>>>Brown/Rogers, but I was going on the assumption that Cully may not be with us. Also, I don't know which team is worse off as far as depth goes. I just hope it all works out in time for the regular season.
damn a maurice jones drew - mcfadden combo is pretty scary. if they can just get a better offensive line, with matt shaub "managing" their offense, they can really do something with their new defense.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
damn a maurice jones drew - mcfadden combo is pretty scary. if they can just get a better offensive line, with matt shaub "managing" their offense, they can really do something with their new defense.

penn? maybe, maybe not. if menelik watson stays healthy, he's going to be good. if they draft robinson or matthews, then they are good to go at the tackle spot. both spots will improve throughout the season. if. if. if.
Originally posted by xcfan:
penn? maybe, maybe not. if menelik watson stays healthy, he's going to be good. if they draft robinson or matthews, then they are good to go at the tackle spot. both spots will improve throughout the season. if. if. if.

yeah penn should be a healthy addition.. wasnt he a probowler or something once? i cant remember.. but its going to be interesting who they draft. I think going tackle would be a smart choice, but wouldnt be surprised if they picked sammy watkins either. whoever they pick will be their new identity.
remember when they drafted robert gallery over larry fitzgerald?
Originally posted by crabman82:

And when they drafted JaMarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

And when they drafted Heyward-Bey over Crabtree
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

And when they drafted Heyward-Bey over Crabtree

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/johnny-manziel-visits-the-raiders/

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Manziel would be a perfect Raider
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

they'd be nuts to pass on watkins, robinson, or mack. those guys will all-pro players many times over. manziel might.

they'd be nuts to pass on watkins, robinson, or mack. those guys will all-pro players many times over. manziel might.

Well they ARE the Raiders we're talking about. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they passed on those guys for a boom or bust (mostly bust doe) prospect like Manziel. Matter of fact, it'd be a classic and typical Raider move.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Well they ARE the Raiders we're talking about. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they passed on those guys for a boom or bust (mostly bust doe) prospect like Manziel. Matter of fact, it'd be a classic and typical Raider move.

Manziel will definitely be a raider. It's the raider way.
Share 49ersWebzone