LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

raiders miscellany

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by niners94:
I don't see it. The Raiders can hang with them.
All of the three teams have a good core already. Now, because the Raiders made some solid FA moves, you think that they can compete? They don't even have a true #1WR neither a stud QB.

Yep. I just don't think those other teams are that good.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MaleMammal:
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.

No way. DEN, KC and SD, in that order, are much much better.

I hope you aren't one of those guys who bags on teams like Washington, Dallas, etc. who win the offseason championship and then go on to stink it up once the season starts because Oakland looks to be heading down the same road and you're over here acting like they're legit. How often does a team built via free agency splurging in ONE OFFSEASON become a legit contender in a division that is one of the best in the NFL?

Each of the other three teams has a better QB and more overall talent that is used to playing as a unit. Oakland will not hang with DEN or KC. They might be able to compete with SD, but even that's a stretch, imo.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Have you watched a lot of raider games under allen? He's a horrible decision maker on the sideline. I'm not here to say they can't go .500 or better under him, but if you're asking what is the basis of his ineffectiveness, it's clearly the proof of how he's operated on gameday. Reminds me of Nolan, the way he does s**t that makes you say "WTF .

No I didn't sit through much Raiders action these past 2 seasons, they were pretty brutal to watch given the lack of talent. Saw enough (and moreso bits and pieces of games) this year though to understand that Pryor flashes some ability but also has a long way to go in terms of development. Fair point, on his decision making though I didn't see enough to realize this was a consistent problem.

The bigger question that comes out of this is, how did YOU manage to sit through a bunch of Raiders action these last 2 years ? Do you enjoy torturing yourself ?

They're usually the game on at the tailgate, and when the niners are away, I usually have them on one of the three tv's in my living room. It's what we get living in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.

I hope you aren't one of those guys who bags on teams like Washington, Dallas, etc. who win the offseason championship and then go on to stink it up once the season starts because Oakland looks to be heading down the same road and you're over here acting like they're legit. How often does a team built via free agency splurging in ONE OFFSEASON become a legit contender in a division that is one of the best in the NFL?

Each of the other three teams has a better QB and more overall talent that is used to playing as a unit. Oakland will not hang with DEN or KC. They might be able to compete with SD, but even that's a stretch, imo.

I never said they were legit. I just said they could hang with them. Those other teams aren't that much better than them. The Broncos are only Peyton. I know he's great but can be rattled by a good pass rush. SD is barely better than them. And the Chiefs came back to earth after a hot start last year.

I never said they were legit. I just said they could hang with them. Those other teams aren't that much better than them. The Broncos are only Peyton. I know he's great but can be rattled by a good pass rush. SD is barely better than them. And the Chiefs came back to earth after a hot start last year.

None of those teams are great, but Oakland was absolutely atrocious. They've made some moves, none of which even bring them up to the level of San Diego. They have the worst overall unit, the worst QB, and the worst coaching staff in the division. Dennis Allen is clueless and the talent they picked up would have been a series of great signings about 3 years ago.

Head to head against the other teams in the division, I suppose they could "hang" around, but will ultimately lose all but maybe 1 or 2 of those divisional games barring a colossal collapse from one or two of the 3 other teams. Even after acquiring help, they're still the worst roster in the AFC West.

Outside of the division, it's unlikely they'd fare better than the 3 other, more complete teams.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Mar 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if they draft watkins and sign desean, they have a major upgrade that will pay...as long as penn and menelik block.
Originally posted by communist:
All of the three teams have a good core already. Now, because the Raiders made some solid FA moves, you think that they can compete? They don't even have a true #1WR neither a stud QB.

even after all these moves the raiders are still the worst team in their division lol
Now the Raiders want to sign Carlos Rogers

None of those teams are great, but Oakland was absolutely atrocious. They've made some moves, none of which even bring them up to the level of San Diego. They have the worst overall unit, the worst QB, and the worst coaching staff in the division. Dennis Allen is clueless and the talent they picked up would have been a series of great signings about 3 years ago.

Head to head against the other teams in the division, I suppose they could "hang" around, but will ultimately lose all but maybe 1 or 2 of those divisional games barring a colossal collapse from one or two of the 3 other teams. Even after acquiring help, they're still the worst roster in the AFC West.

Outside of the division, it's unlikely they'd fare better than the 3 other, more complete teams.

All I'm saying is that they can hang with those teams now. Before they couldn't. I don't expect a winning record from them but I do expect improvement. They should be around 6-10 but their quality of play should be much improved. They'll lose by much smaller margins this year.
They can have our trash

Originally posted by Eli_23:
They can have our trash

Just signed Carlos. If we're desperate, we're getting Champ.
These guys have an undying flame for signing our leftovers.
2013 Starting Corners for the 49ers:

Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown.

2014 Starting Corners for the Raiders:

[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Mar 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
2013 Starting Corners for the 49ers:

2014 Starting Corners for the Raiders:

They want Brown and DJ Hayden to start...Rogers will play the slot.
i can't believe i barely found out now that we're playing the raiders next season.... i get free club seats to raiders games so i guess i'll be going this year for sure to at least one game

we;re going to kill em
Share 49ersWebzone