There are 245 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

raiders miscellany

• xcfan
  • Veteran
1. what the heck is the raiders medical staff doing with menelik watson? he's reinjured the same calf injury 2 or 3 times. obviously, their healing plan isn't working.

2. does the owner have the wisdom to fire mckenzie? i question any dude who has a bowl-cut hair doo like his; is the guy a little off?

3. anyone want the return of chuckie?

4. their current qb situation will never resolve itself: mcgloin is a baller, but his marginal athletic gifts will continue to drag him down from being a really good qb. and pryor lacks everything mcgloin brings from the neck up; he just doesn't have the "it" factor and feel for the position to be a really good qb. so, the raiders will always go back and forth with these two guys because their respective productions will always be close; a frustrating situation.
pryor won't make the plays he has the athletic ability to easily make; and mcgloin won't make the plays he's mentally capable of making because of athletic shortcomings. essentially, they have mediocrity with both guys, and no hope for greatness.
[ Edited by xcfan on Dec 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
your a raider fan ?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
your a raider fan ?
i'm a fan of the niners.

these are the teams i dislike:
cards
rams
seahawks
cowboys

i follow the rest of the teams with general interest--whether it's oakland or buffalo or phili.
Fucc the Raiders!!
My disdain for the raiders ha really regressed over the years.its like
rooting for hadicapped kids to fail
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
your a raider fan ?
i'm a fan of the niners.

these are the teams i dislike:
cards
rams
seahawks
cowboys

i follow the rest of the teams with general interest--whether it's oakland or buffalo or phili.

Niners fan

Team I dislike-
Seahacks

Teams I really care less about-
All remaining teams

Why are we talking about the Raiders. This the 49erswebzone.
The one loser sports franchise of the bay area. I actually feel sorry for them and their fans. They're almost at 3 straight decades of patheticness
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
I actually feel sorry for them and their fans. They're almost at 3 straight decades of patheticness

But their fans still talk s**t...idiots
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
But their fans still talk s**t...idiots

Hahaha, so true
Its only news when the raiders make the right decision

which is rare.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
Ill play along. They suxxors until they get a qb. Thats all
In the 60's,70's and 80's the Raiders were the team you had to go through to win a Super Bowl. The matchup with the Steelers in the 70's was as good as it gets. Lawsuits with the NFL and an aging Al Davis eroded the team. They're just coming out of cap issues and this upcoming off season will determine if they should blow-up the existing plan.
My two cents:

DA's days in Oakland are probably numbered.

Also, McGloin is not a "baller". Career backup at best. And Pryor is clearly not an NFL QB. Neither of these guys are Oakland's future. I expect them to take a QB early (especially if they have a new coach next year).
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
DA hasn't really done any favors for his job security in the past few weeks. And their GM wiffed on one too many 1st to 4th round draft picks in two years.

The Raiders should be an attractive destination for GM and HC prospects now - no salary cap hell, full stock of draft picks, and some blue chip prospects scattered around the roster.

Ken Wisenhunt would be an interesting choice as the new head coach - on the condition that they can sign a guy like Matt Schaub to compete for the starting QB spot. Wisenhunt was very successful with Kurt Warner - someone who achieved success early as a starter, but bottomed out and needed a fresh start. And he'll most likely be cut, so no trade compensation needed.

Assuming they resign their core guys (Houston, Veldheer), I'd aggressively target certain free agents on both sides of the ball. Players like Jairus Byrd (FS), Tarell Brown (CB), Michael Bennett (DE), Matt Schaub (QB), and Jon Asamoah (OG). Then deliver in the draft on instant starters:

R1: Sammy Watkins - WR
R2: Will Sutton - DT
R3: Joel Bitonio - T/G (starter at LG, but backup LT)

You add playmakers, provide a vet QB to compete for the starting spot, elevate the defensive talent, and actually field a compete team.
Another raider thread oh the joy