There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

UR calls are killing the game

i know we beat the falcons and yeah it was exciting. BUT....

i remember years ago in my younger days whining about the ticky tack calls, holding and PI and what have you. yes, bad calls suck

but this has gotten so much worse. seeing perfectly legal hits and big plays on defence called penalties is worse. much worse. something about my love for the game dies a little bit when it happens. every fan can live with bad calls, its a part of the game. but these new s**tty rules, where they come out and say they called the play RIGHT when its such b******t (and then DOCK THE GUYS PAYCHECK)...its ripping the heart out of defense, and i can forsee a future in which i just stop caring about the game if this gradual pussification continues.

am i being reactionary or do you think this is as serious as i do?
Welcome to months ago. This has been going on for along time. The NFL wants flag football.
get used to it . The lawsuit from retired NFL players was half a billion. That's not penis, anymore meng.

It sucks but we as fans have no choice.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Welcome to months ago. This has been going on for along time. The NFL wants flag football.

i realize that its been done to death, buti guess my question is will your interest in the game wane if it continues the slide? BTW remember this great game?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOPqwROIBQ

WTF do you think wouldve been called at :32 mark. how would that game have changed?
[ Edited by GreenReaperTT on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]
kj
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
get used to it . The lawsuit from retired NFL players was half a billion. That's not penis, anymore meng.

It sucks but we as fans have no choice.

This is kind of it. It sucks and it's not real football but we have no choice. I don't think Ronnie Lott could even play in todays game. He would get kicked out of the league. One of the all time greats. It's just sad what they have done to so called "football."

I wish it would turn around the other way and go back to real football again but I think it never will. We will watch sissyfied football from here on out. It's still better than no football but as a purist it's not the real game anymore. And I don't think that real game is coming back.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
get used to it . The lawsuit from retired NFL players was half a billion. That's not penis, anymore meng.

It sucks but we as fans have no choice.

This is kind of it. It sucks and it's not real football but we have no choice. I don't think Ronnie Lott could even play in todays game. He would get kicked out of the league. One of the all time greats. It's just sad what they have done to so called "football."

I wish it would turn around the other way and go back to real football again but I think it never will. We will watch sissyfied football from here on out. It's still better than no football but as a purist it's not the real game anymore. And I don't think that real game is coming back.

now would have been the perfect time for the xfl to start.
The worst part about it is the inconsistency and the favoritism. If theyre going to make the QB a defenseless player at all times, treat every QB that way. When Brees takes a crushing LEGAL hit, and gets flags, and then Kap gets head butted, but theres no call, it ruins the credibility of the league.

Theyre going to have to start allowing these helmet to helmet hit calls be reviewable. The entire point of enforcing it is to prevent illegal hits. If the hit WASNT illegal, then why arent you correcting the call? It makes no sense.

Sports in general is moving in the wrong direction. Old players get in on the lawsuit because theyre bitter about the current generation getting 10 times the money. They claim they had no idea that bashing your head into someone elses 100 times a week was bad for your future health. The league then overcompensates by making everything illegal.

Watch 10 years from now hitting below the belt becoming illegal, because too many guys will have had their knees blown out. Defenders will have about a 2 foot section of body to aim for.

Baseball wants pitchers to wear helmets, Hockey wants to eliminate fighting, Football wants to turn tackling into a gentle act, etc.

They get paid MILLIONS. Theyve played the sport their entire life, they understand and accept the dangers, and feel that losing 5-10 years off your life is worth the money. How about we let them all be grown men and make their own choices.

The NFL is a bunch of liars. They claim player safety is a priority, but they keep pushing for 18 game seasons, and more Thursday Night games.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The worst part about it is the inconsistency and the favoritism. If theyre going to make the QB a defenseless player at all times, treat every QB that way. When Brees takes a crushing LEGAL hit, and gets flags, and then Kap gets head butted, but theres no call, it ruins the credibility of the league.

Theyre going to have to start allowing these helmet to helmet hit calls be reviewable. The entire point of enforcing it is to prevent illegal hits. If the hit WASNT illegal, then why arent you correcting the call? It makes no sense.

Sports in general is moving in the wrong direction. Old players get in on the lawsuit because theyre bitter about the current generation getting 10 times the money. They claim they had no idea that bashing your head into someone elses 100 times a week was bad for your future health. The league then overcompensates by making everything illegal.

Watch 10 years from now hitting below the belt becoming illegal, because too many guys will have had their knees blown out. Defenders will have about a 2 foot section of body to aim for.

Baseball wants pitchers to wear helmets, Hockey wants to eliminate fighting, Football wants to turn tackling into a gentle act, etc.

They get paid MILLIONS. Theyve played the sport their entire life, they understand and accept the dangers, and feel that losing 5-10 years off your life is worth the money. How about we let them all be grown men and make their own choices.

The NFL is a bunch of liars. They claim player safety is a priority, but they keep pushing for 18 game seasons, and more Thursday Night games.

They are already talking heavily about changing that rule. Don't hit low. Because golden boy Gronkowski got hurt. Everytime a key Patriots player gets hurt they change the rule book. Do we see a pattern here? North East Coast darlings get hurt = change the entire rule book immediately!

They are talking about lowering the strike zone to around your stomach area. No joke. I'm not kidding. I'm not making that up. No legs you might hurt a knee. No head and neck of course. And as we have seen with another golden boy Brees shoulder pads is now out of the question. So you will tackle guys on every play by the stomach running full speed at them and hit in that zone.....
Enforce the god damn rules equally across the board. Golden boy favoritism is ruining it for me. As much as bad calls can helpmor hurt a game its the way it is and will continue to be be. Its how inconsistent the rules are enforced even play to play. Take holding for example. Happens pretty much every play. Why not call it when it happens? Seems like theynwait tonsee how the play develops then throw the flag. The New Orleans game. The breese hit and later in the same game Kaep gets hit the same way and no flag. Crap like :hat is what pisses me off.
There were bad calls both ways last night. That double foul on the Atlanta TD was baffling ... it was all Gruden could do to not blast both of those calls. And the PI against Atlanta on Boldin was a joke. It ended up only costing Atl 3 points but it was a terrible call. The game has gotten too fast for officials on the filed to control. Time to do this with cameras and slo-mo reviews. If they can find a way to streamline it and not bog down the game, it is inevitable.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
The worst part about it is the inconsistency and the favoritism. If theyre going to make the QB a defenseless player at all times, treat every QB that way. When Brees takes a crushing LEGAL hit, and gets flags, and then Kap gets head butted, but theres no call, it ruins the credibility of the league.

Theyre going to have to start allowing these helmet to helmet hit calls be reviewable. The entire point of enforcing it is to prevent illegal hits. If the hit WASNT illegal, then why arent you correcting the call? It makes no sense.

Sports in general is moving in the wrong direction. Old players get in on the lawsuit because theyre bitter about the current generation getting 10 times the money. They claim they had no idea that bashing your head into someone elses 100 times a week was bad for your future health. The league then overcompensates by making everything illegal.

Watch 10 years from now hitting below the belt becoming illegal, because too many guys will have had their knees blown out. Defenders will have about a 2 foot section of body to aim for.

Baseball wants pitchers to wear helmets, Hockey wants to eliminate fighting, Football wants to turn tackling into a gentle act, etc.

They get paid MILLIONS. Theyve played the sport their entire life, they understand and accept the dangers, and feel that losing 5-10 years off your life is worth the money. How about we let them all be grown men and make their own choices.

The NFL is a bunch of liars. They claim player safety is a priority, but they keep pushing for 18 game seasons, and more Thursday Night games.

They are already talking heavily about changing that rule. Don't hit low. Because golden boy Gronkowski got hurt. Everytime a key Patriots player gets hurt they change the rule book. Do we see a pattern here? North East Coast darlings get hurt = change the entire rule book immediately!

They are talking about lowering the strike zone to around your stomach area. No joke. I'm not kidding. I'm not making that up. No legs you might hurt a knee. No head and neck of course. And as we have seen with another golden boy Brees shoulder pads is now out of the question. So you will tackle guys on every play by the stomach running full speed at them and hit in that zone.....

Never gonna happen. This will increase risk of concussion. Look at the Tolbert Reid play
The league should insist that all player contracts have a clause that limits the amount that they can seek in damages if their health is affected by the game. They make a lot of money, are grown men and should be able to weigh the risk/reward. If someone is willing to risk serious injury for the prospect of making millions and being a celebrity, then they also should accept not being able to come back and sue for millions when they get older and feel the effects. Decisions have consequences, and anyone with half a brain should know that crashing into people at high speeds could have some long term effects on your body.
Originally posted by trogdor:
The league should insist that all player contracts have a clause that limits the amount that they can seek in damages if their health is affected by the game. They make a lot of money, are grown men and should be able to weigh the risk/reward. If someone is willing to risk serious injury for the prospect of making millions and being a celebrity, then they also should accept not being able to come back and sue for millions when they get older and feel the effects. Decisions have consequences, and anyone with half a brain should know that crashing into people at high speeds could have some long term effects on your body.

Eff that. Each contract should contain an injury waver, stating you will get injured and should expect long term issues as a result. As a fan I want more violence, not less and don't give 2 s**ts about the long term health of the players.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM ]