LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

If rams win next week, will they be the first .500 team to finish last in their division?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Since realignment...

NFC East had all 4 teams at .500 or better in 2008.

AFC South had 3 10+ win teams and an 8-8 team in 2007.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We just have to hope they blow it. They probably won't on the #2 pick. I don't see any guys with a huge bust factor that are rated that high at the moment. History suggests though that while the Rams should be good, they won't put together a juggernaut (see Fisher's tenure with the Titans). In terms of value, even if RG3 comes around, if the Rams get a franchise QB this year, they win the trade.

They'll probably go with the best OT or Clowney.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Since realignment...

There goes that. Thanks
No, but I think we'd have the highest winning percentage ever if the rams go 8-8 though.
If you don't think the Rams stand a chance check out the box score from October 28th. It was a darn close contest. Statistically, the Rams owned Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331028014
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
If you think this division is stacked now, just imagine how good this division will be after the next offseason during the draft, especially the Rams with their two first rounders (they hold #2 overall, thanks Deadskins).

NFC BEST!

Yep, they got alot of ammunition. Thankfully, we got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so we're loaded too.

baalke and harbaugh better be on their s**t during the draft. our team is pretty stacked and all our injured draft picks should make an impact next year but i think we should be very aggressive in the draft to plug the few holes we still have. go get a top receiver (watkins would be awesome!) a high end CB, a guard in case they cant afford to keep iupati, a strong safety and another receive or two and were stacked
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We just have to hope they blow it. They probably won't on the #2 pick. I don't see any guys with a huge bust factor that are rated that high at the moment. History suggests though that while the Rams should be good, they won't put together a juggernaut (see Fisher's tenure with the Titans). In terms of value, even if RG3 comes around, if the Rams get a franchise QB this year, they win the trade.

They'll probably go with the best OT or Clowney.

that or they trade back to some thirsty ass team and get even more picks going forward. thats what baalke would do
not a long time ago this Division was won with a 7-9. this year the last ranked team of this division will have the same record or better...crazy.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Since realignment...

Thanks, someone actually looks it up, so we don't have to read inane speculation.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
If you think this division is stacked now, just imagine how good this division will be after the next offseason during the draft, especially the Rams with their two first rounders (they hold #2 overall, thanks Deadskins).

NFC BEST!

Yep, they got alot of ammunition. Thankfully, we got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so we're loaded too.

baalke and harbaugh better be on their s**t during the draft. our team is pretty stacked and all our injured draft picks should make an impact next year but i think we should be very aggressive in the draft to plug the few holes we still have. go get a top receiver (watkins would be awesome!) a high end CB, a guard in case they cant afford to keep iupati, a strong safety and another receive or two and were stacked

Our most glaring need right now is another topflight receiver. Baalke has to hit it out the park drafting a stud at WR, we need someone to either compliment Crabtree in the future or possibly replace him if he chases after dollar bills. Point blank, this team cannot afford another AJJ level failure. Trade up for Sammy Watkins or Lee if we have to.

NFC BEST!

I disagree with drafting a bunch of receivers. One top flight receiver should suffice. I would actually draft some olineman with some of the midround picks probably a tackle and a center.
Our most glaring need right now is another topflight receiver. Baalke has to hit it out the park drafting a stud at WR, we need someone to either compliment Crabtree in the future or possibly replace him if he chases after dollar bills. Point blank, this team cannot afford another AJJ level failure. Trade up for Sammy Watkins or Lee if we have to.

NFC BEST!

Love that idea. I think we just need that superstar WR, CB, DL, C/G and another Eric Reid to pair up with Eric Reid and we'd have that dynasty we expect. I'm still paranoid Whitner will choke on us and take a bad angle when it counts.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
If Rams win next week, I cream my pants....BOOM there's my 500 posts.
I need to find the "predict the NFC-W records" thread. I think I was pretty close
rams can turn it on any game, they killed the colts and saints, they are like jeckel and hide team, they can look so dominant some weeks and suck the next. lets hope they bring out that monster this week.
Share 49ersWebzone