LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

If rams win next week, will they be the first .500 team to finish last in their division?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If they win, they would be 8 - 8. A respectable record but last in our division. I've never heard of that happening in the NFL.

Just curious how good our division is versus the history of other divisions.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM ]
I would have to think so. Has any division had three 10+ win teams and an 8-8 team. All teams 500 or better?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I would have to think so. Has any division had three 10+ win teams and an 8-8 team. All teams 500 or better?

Hmmm, I wonder what the all-time record is for total wins for a division in one year.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

doubt it. this division is gonna be even more brutal next year and for years after that. i think we get 3 playoff teams from the west next year
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
doubt it. this division is gonna be even more brutal next year and for years after that. i think we get 3 playoff teams from the west next year

LOL, maybe next year's cellar dweller will have a winning record. Imagine that

Watching alot of NFL games and it seems none of the other teams play defense at all... except NFC west teams and Carolina.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
NFC West FTW
Originally posted by jrg:
NFC West FTW

The SEC of the NFL
If you think this division is stacked now, just imagine how good this division will be after the next offseason during the draft, especially the Rams with their two first rounders (they hold #2 overall, thanks Deadskins).

NFC BEST!
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
If you think this division is stacked now, just imagine how good this division will be after the next offseason during the draft, especially the Rams with their two first rounders (they hold #2 overall, thanks Deadskins).

NFC BEST!

Yep, they got alot of ammunition. Thankfully, we got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so we're loaded too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by jrg:
NFC West FTW

The SEC of the NFL

SEC of the NFL... So you don't think that much of the NFC west?

NFC BEST!

Yep, they got alot of ammunition. Thankfully, we got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so we're loaded too.

Oh, we're killing it next year. No close calls. We're drafting some receivers to compliment the already-deep defense we're touting. It's going to be a slaughterhouse next year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
SEC of the NFL... So you don't think that much of the NFC west?

Haha, you think the SEC is over-rated?
If the NFC west can produce losing record division winner (Seattle) probably
Just win next week....then well talk

NFC BEST!

We just have to hope they blow it. They probably won't on the #2 pick. I don't see any guys with a huge bust factor that are rated that high at the moment. History suggests though that while the Rams should be good, they won't put together a juggernaut (see Fisher's tenure with the Titans). In terms of value, even if RG3 comes around, if the Rams get a franchise QB this year, they win the trade.
Share 49ersWebzone