LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

If you could pick any player in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Calvin Johnson. Not even close.
I'd choose anyone between Lesean McCoy, Calvin Johnson, or Adrian Peterson, but just to change things up:

Reggie Bush (playing a role similar to when he was a New Orleans Saint):
1. He would be an immediate upgrade in arguably one of our weakest areas: Kick/Punt returns
2. He would be an amazing change of pace back to Frank Gore, without deterring Frank as our starting RB
3. He would be an upgrade as a pass-catcher out of our backfield
4. Read-option = more dangerous
5. Screen Passes (if called) = more dangerous
6. Although this is obviously a fantasy, his addition would not harm our chemistry since he would not be a starter, just a key supplementary piece.

Josh Gordon or Demaryious Thomas.
rashaun woods
Easily hands down tom Brady. If you want to win a Superbowl now. And trade kaep for two first rounders. Brady would easily win us a sb this year and for the next three years
A.J. Green.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
To the people that said AJ Green and Julio Jones... Those guys are great for sure, but why would you take them over Calvin Johnson?

i think Green is better. you'd see more of the kid's talent if he had someone that wasn't dalton throwing to him. dalton is the worst. every time i watch my bengals games and dalton blows it i thank god the niners have kaep
Why a QB? Kap has a higher ceiling than most in the NFL. All these people saying Rodgers don't realize that, at the same point in Kap's career, Rodgers was still riding the bench.

Why anyone on defense? We have a top-3 unit as it is. We haven't lost a single game due to our defense.

Why a RB? We have one of the best stables of RBs in the league. We have Lattimore waiting in the wings and even if he's not 100%, Hunter is a damn good back.

The only two positions that make sense are WR and TE, and really we're talking about the same position. Jimmy Graham is awesome, of course, but he doesn't block well. He'd be the #2 behind Davis, crazy as that is to imagine, but it wouldn't matter because we'd always run 2-TE sets and Graham would be split out wide for most of those looks.

The only other option is Calvin Johnson. Given our recent history with WRs, it makes sense to focus on this.

So Johnson or Graham. Kap would be unstoppable, and our defense would prevent any shootouts. It's why I want to pool picks together and move up to the top 10 and draft a WR--so long as we don't give up our 2015 1st-round pick like Atlanta did for Julio Jones.
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
Alex
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
OH MY GOSH AARON RODGERS?

REALLY?

All he does is check down, slant, screen, draw play, playaction bomb where only pass interference gets called and hands it off.
Then the defense is pretty good at takeaways so you have that.

We actually have all the tools to achieve a SB ring, we could use the 12th mans' booming system or a Tony Gonzalez,Gronk,a big time WR like megatron or maybe even a Eric Decker

The only holes we really have is our receiving but if Crabs can comeback to 100% we should be ok.

I hope you're joking. There's no way anyone in their right mind would choose Gonzalez or Eric Decker over Aaron Rodgers.

JJ Watt
Originally posted by xtm059:
To the people that said AJ Green and Julio Jones... Those guys are great for sure, but why would you take them over Calvin Johnson?

i think Green is better. you'd see more of the kid's talent if he had someone that wasn't dalton throwing to him. dalton is the worst. every time i watch my bengals games and dalton blows it i thank god the niners have kaep

AJ Green is great, but he is no Megatron. Megatron is faster, bigger, stronger, and even better at jump balls. AJ Green probably has better hands though, but Megatron is just a freak of nature. Dude mosses 3-4 people at the same time and runs right by people.
before eric reid showed up i would have said earl thomas, now i'd say calias campbell.
Originally posted by xtm059:

AJ Green is great, but he is no Megatron. Megatron is faster, bigger, stronger, and even better at jump balls. AJ Green probably has better hands though, but Megatron is just a freak of nature. Dude mosses 3-4 people at the same time and runs right by people.
Alshon Jeffrey?
Calvin. Once in a generation talent. Not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone