There are 172 users in the forums

Mike Florio: Niner Hater

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by yoshi:
Right. Therfore Webzone should stop putting the link to pro football talk in the news wire IMO. Whenever someone clicks it, it plays into the hands of that fool.
This is what blows my mind. How do people not understand this?

1. Mike Florio's income is directly tied to page hits (i.e. he gets paid per advertisement served on his site)
2. Saying controversial things generates traffic (e.g. "you won't believe what this guy said, here, follow this link to his site and see for yourself! What a jerk!")
3. Visiting his site makes his model business sustainable, and ensures he's going to keep posting garbage to rile people up. By following links to his site, you are literally supporting him and encouraging him to continue churning this crap out.

Mike Florio is not an idiot. He makes 6-figures a year trolling people for a living. The ones that bi*tch and moan about his articles, post links to his site are pawns in his game.

Have you guys ever heard the expression, "the opposite of love is not hate, it's complete and utter indifference?" If you really want Mike Florio to stop insulting the 49ers, stop giving him the time of day. Remember guys, any press is good press...
On the front page Florio wrote yet another bulls*** article. This one I might say is his finest!
Gotta love this gem from Baalke:

""I think the number one word I can use is 'misrepresented,'" Baalke said. "I think there's a lot been written, too much has been written about it. … We have a very good working relationship. And it's troublesome when people are writing about a dynamic in a building that have never stepped foot in the building. Or if they have, they've never made it past (the media) level of the building …"

From: http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/04/25/trent-jim-baalke-says-relationship-very-good-but-no-hugs-on-horizon/

I think it's pretty obvious who he's talking about.
Originally posted by baltien:
Gotta love this gem from Baalke:

""I think the number one word I can use is 'misrepresented,'" Baalke said. "I think there's a lot been written, too much has been written about it. … We have a very good working relationship. And it's troublesome when people are writing about a dynamic in a building that have never stepped foot in the building. Or if they have, they've never made it past (the media) level of the building …"

From: http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/04/25/trent-jim-baalke-says-relationship-very-good-but-no-hugs-on-horizon/

I think it's pretty obvious who he's talking about.

This. Thank you Baalke
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
On the front page Florio wrote yet another bulls*** article. This one I might say is his finest!

That was pretty lame. He basically accused SI of shilling for the 49ers front office. The way I read the article Greg Bedard of SI was in town to work on other projects and decided to add his two cents on the supposed dysfunction after spending a few days inside the building.

FWIW, I got a little bent and responded to PFT's twitter post with the story link. Bedard jumped into the string and confirmed that it was never his intention to write about the front office. I'm assuming he did because what he observed didn't add up to what has been reported.

https://twitter.com/TwentyHBCurlXup/status/459871573369831424

@ProFootballTalk @GregABedard in town a few days to "work on other projects" and writes of his impressions = @49ers conspiracy to defraud?

@TwentyHBCurlXup yup. Had zero intentions of writing that.

Anyway, it just confirms for me that Florio gets a hard-on when there's negative 49er news. And when there's any kind of positive 49ers spin he'll be sure to chime in and tell anyone who'll listen that it can't possibly be true because for god sake we played it cagey when dealing with a complicated QB juggling act two off seasons ago.
Florio's latest garbage. He basically twisted a Vernon Davis quote that was already out in the press last week to provoke Niners fans. When will the mods remove Pro Football Talk from the Webzone newsfeed?

Florio's latest garbage
Originally posted by Psinex:
Florio's latest garbage. He basically twisted a Vernon Davis quote that was already out in the press last week to provoke Niners fans. When will the mods remove Pro Football Talk from the Webzone newsfeed?

Florio's latest garbage

You want it removed from the front page, yet instead of just quoting the article, you post a link for us to go and read it (and with that pay Florio for clicks). Just posted the article so we don't have to click and he won't get $.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Jun 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM ]
I clicked on it ... so sue me ;) Seems to me he is just stating what is happening in this article. What made you so mad?
Florio takes shots daily at Kap's contract, such an a*****e. Keeps ragging on him for the structure and size guaranteed money, yet if he would've made top QB money he would bash it for being to high. Guy is a complete tool. Wish someone would kick him in his balls.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Florio takes shots daily at Kap's contract, such an a*****e. Keeps ragging on him for the structure and size guaranteed money, yet if he would've made top QB money he would bash it for being to high. Guy is a complete tool. Wish someone would kick him in his balls.

We would but he doesn't have any.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by Youngone:

We would but he doesn't have any.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Michael Sam lover...
This guy continues to obsess like he's got some mental illness over things like Kap still hasn't properly explained how the new contract makes it easier to sign other guys or, how Kap will put up a fuss in say 2017 when his contract averages out in the middle of the pack for QBs and he'll wanna renegotiate all over again. Maybe Kap just doesn't completely understand to the extent of the guys who actually negotiated it and he probably doesn't give a s**t like Florio does. He obviously understood it well enough to sign on the dotted line. Florio wants to have his cake and eat it too. He bashes the Niners for allegedly screwing over Kap but then wants the luxury of bashing Kap down the road when he starts complaining (according to Florio) about how unfair his contract is. It's like he just incessantly obsesses about whatever the Niners are doing. Such a completely worthless piece of s**t.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This guy continues to obsess like he's got some mental illness over things like Kap still hasn't properly explained how the new contract makes it easier to sign other guys or, how Kap will put up a fuss in say 2017 when his contract averages out in the middle of the pack for QBs and he'll wanna renegotiate all over again. Maybe Kap just doesn't completely understand to the extent of the guys who actually negotiated it and he probably doesn't give a s**t like Florio does. He obviously understood it well enough to sign on the dotted line. Florio wants to have his cake and eat it too. He bashes the Niners for allegedly screwing over Kap but then wants the luxury of bashing Kap down the road when he starts complaining (according to Florio) about how unfair his contract is. It's like he just incessantly obsesses about whatever the Niners are doing. Such a completely worthless piece of s**t.

Yup . . . another weak post by Florio, in which he oddly answered his own question then ignored it.

"Kaepernick still hasn't explained how the deal helps the 49ers sign other players, apart from the obvious fact that it pays him well below top-of-the-market value in the first few years and that, by the time his annual averages moves toward the top of the current market, ongoing spikes in the salary cap will keep the deal in the middle of the pack."

Yes Florio believe it or not Kap bet on himself.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yup . . . another weak post by Florio, in which he oddly answered his own question then ignored it.

"Kaepernick still hasn't explained how the deal helps the 49ers sign other players, apart from the obvious fact that it pays him well below top-of-the-market value in the first few years and that, by the time his annual averages moves toward the top of the current market, ongoing spikes in the salary cap will keep the deal in the middle of the pack."

Yes Florio believe it or not Kap bet on himself.

I read that today from Florio (which was my first mistake, reading ANYTHING from Florio)...another beauty of an article from that supposed journalist. He trips over himself like this all the time. He's become almost comical with what he puts in print regarding the NFL - it would be great if people would just stop reading his trash altogether.
Share 49ersWebzone