There are 288 users in the forums

KC: steal of the offseason?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by dj43:
Forget winning let's celebrate the "stats", lulz

The overwhelming consensus from observers all across the league is that Alex Smith turned in one of the finest playoff performance on record but injuries on both offense and defense denied him the victory.

Is that so hard to admit?

Not gonna lie he got my attention, but there's no such thing as a moral victory. He could have thrown for 500 yards in the first 3 qtrs, but if he can't come through in the clutch when it matters most no one will remember him.

Andrew Luck on the other hand, had all the excuses to lose...but he finished.

...Chiefs' defense bending over for him sure helped a lot.

The overwhelming consensus from observers all across the league is that Alex Smith turned in one of the finest playoff performance on record but injuries on both offense and defense denied him the victory.

Yeah, it's really about appreciating the silver-lining for KC fans now. Now they KNOW for sure that they finally have the right QB. Though a tough loss, they are finally changing their tune after seeing what Alex is capable of.. and w/o their best player on the team in Charles.. on the road. They are all talking about how much to offer as an extension, lolz!

... and THANK JEEBUS that the 49ers won yesterday... or I'd be a very sad panda today.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yeah, it's really about appreciating the silver-lining for KC fans now. Now they KNOW for sure that they finally have the right QB. Though a tough loss, they are finally changing their tune after seeing what Alex is capable of.. and w/o their best player on the team in Charles.. on the road. They are all talking about how much to offer as an extension, lolz!

... and THANK JEEBUS that the 49ers won yesterday... or I'd be a very sad panda today.

are they talking about firing their defensive coordinator? they should be after forcing 3 Ints then going on to give up 45 points anyways.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Not gonna lie he got my attention, but there's no such thing as a moral victory. He could have thrown for 500 yards in the first 3 qtrs, but if he can't come through in the clutch when it matters most no one will remember him.

Andrew Luck on the other hand, had all the excuses to lose...but he finished.

...Chiefs' defense bending over for him sure helped a lot.

They did, but Alex had a shot at the end to do something special, something epic...
If this thread also devolves into more of the same b******t due to the same few vocal posters, it will be locked and folks will not be able to access the Zone during next week's win.

Thanks.
It was not the steal of the offseason because the 49ers didn't have a lot of leverage. They really did not have cap room to keep Smith around. It was either trade him or cut him. Holding on to him was not a realistic option. The 49ers were never going to get a first round pick for him. You rarely see first round picks traded.

The 49ers got more for him than I was expecting... I really the thought they were going to get like a 4th rounder at best.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If this thread also devolves into more of the same b******t due to the same few vocal posters, it will be locked and folks will not be able to access the Zone during next week's win.

Thanks.

Well, how about if I say...

*BANNED*
They did, but Alex had a shot at the end to do something special, something epic...
good god, you dont get it, do you? you can be as special as possible, if the team around you sucks and/or is injured, you are limited, dont you get it?
both of his RBs went down, avery went down, the crappy defense became even more crappy after houston and flowers had to leave.

and bowe let him down as,well on their last play.
alex cannot defend, catch and run the ball, he can only maximize the outcome GIVEN the material around him. he did that in a very perfect manner.

@mods: seen.your warning AFTER I had written this post. if needless, plz delete.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
That had to be the finest game I ever saw Alex play, especially from a pocket presence stand point, not his fault Indy scored 45.

Well, I think the subject it pretty much done. Anyone with any honesty will have to admit that:

Kaepernick has proved he is a fine young qb who still has some developing to do.

Smith is a quality guy who probably does not have the inherent ability of Kaep, but has backbone and the smarts. Despite being treated very badly by his home fans on occasions, he gave his all. Sometimes it wasn't enough.

I can never understand why KC can't develop a qb. Ever! But now they have a qb to be proud of and good luck to them.

And as this place can't discuss the subject without going into meltdown....
Share 49ersWebzone