LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

KC: steal of the offseason?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's so much nicer to argue about a quarterback who almost loses playoff games, rather than arguing about a quarterback who almost wins them.

Team sport...

Name the play off game that was lost because of Alex. You can't.

I can name one of Kaep.

lol the superbowl? you're lying to yourself if you think we didn't lose that game because of a mixture of 1st half woes, defense, playcalling, referees and also quite a few of kaep's mistakes.

fixed
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
first he says its a team sport then goes on to blame Kap

But there were plays that would have been game changing if Kap didn't screw up...and they were 100% on him.

Can't really say that about Alex's mistakes in play-off games.

You obviously didn't watch Alex play in Indy. Or we wouldn't be having this conversation. He looked, in that game, as good as any QB has ever looked.

That over throw had no impact right ?

Cyrus Gray, a 3rd string RB who had NEVER repped that play in practice, in post game press conference admitted he slowed down and looked back to see what was happening and then was not able to get going again in time to catch the ball. Had he not stopped it would have been a TD. The LB following him was badly beaten. That was all on Gray. He admitted it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It goes back to the whole discussion of "What is he capable of?" -- Well, for those who didn't realize it before, now they really know.

For the 49ers sake, I want CK to consistently start playing elite football so we can stop worrying so much about comparisons, and just focus on the 49ers. Both QB's, compared to the rest of the league, have been very successful and there's a lot to be happy about there.

This is actually closer to where I stand than what I advertise on the boards sometimes.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by susweel:

But there were plays that would have been game changing if Kap didn't screw up...and they were 100% on him.

You obviously didn't watch Alex play in Indy. Or we wouldn't be having this conversation. He looked, in that game, as good as any QB has ever looked.

That over throw had no impact right ?

Cyrus Gray, a 3rd string RB who had NEVER repped that play in practice, in post game press conference admitted he slowed down and looked back to see what was happening and then was not able to get going again in time to catch the ball. Had he not stopped it would have been a TD. The LB following him was badly beaten. That was all on Gray. He admitted it.

It was also obvious to anyone watching... that doesn't have an agenda.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

1/13 3rd down conversion.

The cheifs went 9/16 on third down. Wth are you talking about?

I think the person is referring to the 2011 NFC conference game
Ah. Thanks....

Sad.
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by vaden:
Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 15h
Alex Smith is the only player in NFL history with 350 pass yards, 50 rush yards, 4 TD, 0 INT in any game, regular season or playoffs.

It was a heck of a game by Smith, and he actually made a lot of plays, rather than just managing things.

Smith is the biggest enigma of all-time. When he manages a game, and doesn't make plays, his defense is super and the Chiefs win. When Smith actually goes out and makes a ton of plays, and plays incredible in the second half of the year, his defense sucks and his team loses.

It goes back to the whole discussion of "What is he capable of?" -- Well, for those who didn't realize it before, now they really know.

For the 49ers sake, I want CK to consistently start playing elite football so we can stop worrying so much about comparisons, and just focus on the 49ers. Both QB's, compared to the rest of the league, have been very successful and there's a lot to be happy about there.

That is what I want to see from CK. CONSISTENCY. He makes three bad plays and then makes one great play. Eventually that will catch up to us as it did in the Super Bowl - missed a lot of stuff early and then could not make up for it later. What I want to see is eliminating those bad plays.
Congrats AS on the career year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well deserved. Now that his team isn't going to be a factor against ours (i.e., a potential playoff opponent or draft pick status), I think we can all show some class and give the guy SOME level of respect/credit.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Well deserved. Now that his team isn't going to be a factor against ours (i.e., a potential playoff opponent or draft pick status), I think we can all show some class and give the guy SOME level of respect/credit.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/
Smith had a game like no other. Until Saturday, no player in NFL history had ever passed for 350 yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions and added 50 yards on the ground in any game, regular season or postseason. But Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith became the first player to do it on Saturday when he passed for 378 yards and four touchdowns, with no interceptions, and added 57 rushing yards. Quarterbacks shouldn't be judged on wins and losses: When a quarterback plays the way Smith played on Saturday and leads his team to 44 points, he shouldn't be judged harshly just because his team's defense gave up 45 points. But the reality is that quarterbacks are judged on wins and losses, and so a lot of people will choose to remember that Smith overthrew an open Cyrus Gray on what could have been a touchdown pass, that Smith lost a fumble and that Smith's intentional grounding penalty took the Chiefs out of field goal range late in the game. Me, I'll remember that Smith turned in the game of his life

Forget winning let's celebrate the "stats", lulz
Thank you Chiefs for getting 8+ wins but not going too far in the playoffs to maximize our trade value
  • dj43
Originally posted by verb1der:

The overwhelming consensus from observers all across the league is that Alex Smith turned in one of the finest playoff performance on record but injuries on both offense and defense denied him the victory.

Is that so hard to admit?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by verb1der:

The overwhelming consensus from observers all across the league is that Alex Smith turned in one of the finest playoff performance on record but injuries on both offense and defense denied him the victory.

Is that so hard to admit?

Not gonna lie he got my attention, but there's no such thing as a moral victory. He could have thrown for 500 yards in the first 3 qtrs, but if he can't come through in the clutch when it matters most no one will remember him.

Andrew Luck on the other hand, had all the excuses to lose...but he finished.

Doubletime. Too bad the KC D collapsed on him.
Share 49ersWebzone