There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GOAT: Peyton Manning vs Joe Montana comparison threads

Nobody touches Joe Cool. Tom Brady needed Spygate for his 3 superbowls. Peyton Manning is the best regular season quarterback. Nobody is even close to as good as Montana was in big games. There is no quarterback in the history of the game that you would rather have in a big game over Montana.
manning>all
  • Veteran
Manning is an awesome QB.. when there is no pressure.

The second he gets in a crucial situation he buckles..

Manning is the exact opposite of Montana
  • Chico
  • Veteran
No comparisons and not even close!

JOE, JOE, JOE!!!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season quarterback of all time.

That's about as far as I'm willing to go.

I will agree with that statement. Manning is unbelievable in the regular season.

The difference in his production in the post-season is probably due to the increased level of competition. Manning struggles against elite defenses and has a hard time in bad weather.

On the other hand, he also has not had the luxury of a good running game and good defense throughout his career.
Montana NEVER lost a Super Bowl. Neither did Bradshaw for that matter. Brady comes much closer than Manning ever will. I give Peyton all the credit of being a great quarterback. One of the best of all time in fact. However his playoff record isn't great. Now I will state the obvious. He is a great quarterback in a system that lends itself to his skills. Essentially he is a system quarterback. He a turbocharged Kurt Warner. I don't dislike Peyton. I dislike the amount of love the NFL gives to him but hey, he's a cash cow for them. The poster boy for the good of the NFL. He's the NFL's version of Prince William where as Eli is Harry. Yes, that makes Archie old Charlie. The best of all time you say? Its not Peyton Manning.
Minning still has a long way to go in terms of SB wins.

Even if Minning
Manning suffers from a horrendous defense this year. The defense in Denver is a joke Manning is playing on another planet this year can't be ignored
Funny if he wins the superbowl people will mention him but if he loses in the playoffs like he always does...
Funny if he wins the superbowl people will mention him but if he loses in the playoffs like he always does...
Joe
Peyton Manning never got benched because he couldn't beat Wade Wilson in a playoff game so he wins
Peyton is overrated imo. I'd take Brady over him any day and Joe is the best to ever throw a pigskin soooooooo.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I will agree with that statement. Manning is unbelievable in the regular season.

The difference in his production in the post-season is probably due to the increased level of competition. Manning struggles against elite defenses and has a hard time in bad weather.

On the other hand, he also has not had the luxury of a good running game and good defense throughout his career.

He had Edgerrin James from 1999 until 2005.
Also, for those that say Peyton never had a great defense, it evens out because Montana didn't have the benefit of the rules that exist today. Think about the game vs. Philly in 1989. You think Peyton wins that game or even makes it respectable once his team got down?