There are 279 users in the forums

Having the best record in the regular season means nothing...

Shop 49ers game tickets
My Dad always stressed to me in life, school, and football he would rather me prepare hard and get mediocre results rather than succeed to the inability of my peers and/or surroundings. I can remember plenty of games where we won due to an error via our opponent but he would treat it as a loss in his book and practice would be hell the next week. His vision was that he can take a mediocre team and work out their short comings before the playoffs, rather than overachieve all season and get a one and done result in the playoffs.

I think if you look at the landscape of the NFL and the teams who are consistently successful in the post season (Patriots, 49ers, Ravens, Giants). These teams deal with adversity nearly every year but somehow always rise to the top (or near it anyways). Since the 2000's less than 25% of the time the team with the best regular season record has won the Super Bowl. A lot of times as fans we see a team win a game they should have loss and we say "Oh they should really be such and such record". I know us as Niner fans have done that with the Seahawks a lot this season.

Some say you are what your record says you are, but history proves other wise. So here is my final super bowl prediction (I hope to hear yours as well);

San Diego 17

49ers 34

LEGGO!!!!
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM ]
49ers-24
Bengals-20
[ Edited by valrod33 on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
49ers 20
Chiefs 17
49ers- 49
Bills 0
being the #1 or #2 seed used to mean a lot more. i remember denver winning the sb after the 1997 season as a wild card, that was seen as a huge accomplishment. ever since then more and more lower seeds seem to be sneaking through to the conference title game or even super bowl.
i have a feeling that the ravens will make it again. And we will have to beat them again.

27-24 niners
Originally posted by boast:
49ers 20
Chiefs 17

cry Alex, cryyyyy!!!!!
Niners 31
Patriots 24
Niners 55
Broncos 10
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
My Dad always stressed to me in life, school, and football he would rather me prepare hard and get mediocre results rather than succeed to the inability of my peers and/or surroundings. I can remember plenty of games where we won due to an error via our opponent but he would treat it as a loss in his book and practice would be hell the next week. His vision was that he can take a mediocre team and work out their short comings before the playoffs, rather than overachieve all season and get a one and done result in the playoffs.

I think if you look at the landscape of the NFL and the teams who are consistently successful in the post season (Patriots, 49ers, Ravens, Giants). These teams deal with adversity nearly every year but somehow always rise to the top (or near it anyways). Since the 2000's less than 25% of the time the team with the best regular season record has won the Super Bowl. A lot of times as fans we see a team win a game they should have loss and we say "Oh they should really be such and such record". I know us as Niner fans have done that with the Seahawks a lot this season.

Some say you are what your record says you are, but history proves other wise. So here is my final super bowl prediction (I hope to hear yours as well);

San Diego 17

49ers 34

LEGGO!!!!

You say less than 25% with best regular season record has won the Superbowl since 2000. Well i will assume that its near 25%. With 12 teams making the playoffs each year, any seed with a better than 1/12 winning percentage is clearly the best spot to be in. So despite the fact its not "higher than 25%" its still higher than any other seed.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If Harbaugh leaves your dad needs to contact 9er facilitys
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
49ers-24
Bengals-20

Perfect.
Since 1990 six teams with the best regular season record won the SB. It's also been ten years since the team with the best regular season record won the SB.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ravens-are-latest-team-to-show-that-regular-season-record-no-longer-means-much-sports-chart-of-the-day-2013-2

The Baltimore Ravens' win in Super Bowl XLVII showed once again that the NFL is in the midst of its wild card era.

The last three Super Bowl winners, and six of the last eight, opened their title run with a win on wild-card weekend, which bucks the former trend that holders of playoff byes were more likely to win the Super Bowl.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/02/06/ravens-win-cements-nfl-wild-card-era/9W5xSn5Ap8SBh4HXmX9RPO/story.html
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
niners pats. niners 34-pats 17
Nadda!!
Share 49ersWebzone