LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

RG3 shut down for remainder of the season, Cousins to start

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why did they trade so many picks for him? He's not good and he can't stay healthy.

we're talking about the guy that paid 30 million dollars for Brandon Lloyd.............................................

And $7.5 million guaranteed to Josh Morgan, who was coming off a season where he had 15 catches before breaking a leg/ankle.
Ass backwards franchise, ending the season how it should have started.
They rushed RGIII back and I think it hurt him more than we know.

Shanny is toast in Washington and any coach that publicly criticizes an owner won't be picked up as a HC by anyone.

He looks beaten and defeated every time I see him on TV.

If we could get the old Shanny back as an OC [the one who was our OC] then we'd be ultra dominant.

Won't happen.
RG3 was looking overrated a f this year.

It has to be that kneebrace and lack of weapons. No way this is the same dude that led them to the playoffs last year.

2 number ones for a qb is raiderish. So long shannahan
People are putting this on Shanahan, but I don't discount the competitive nature of a player want to be out there on the field, even if it means he is not 100% healthy. This one should be on RG3 also. This is very similar to Alex Smith with his injured shoulder. Except Nolan went a little more retard in trying to get him to play. And I see that whole situation as partially Smith fault too for wanting to come back earlier for playing time.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
What a terrible QB.

Guy was great as a rookie. This year it's all different. He has to play the game different. He has to learn. He'll get there, if he learns to stop taking the physical shots he has. Can't help your team if you're constantly hurting. He may not be "injured" all the time, but he looks like he's playing hurt all the time.
rg3 blows
Trevor Matich does Redskins games and had a couple of good points--

1) when the players have access to the owner, around the HC, it's trouble.
2) RGIII was working all off season on his brand instead of just concentrating on football and even though that may be just business and OK, it does not sit well with team mates and coaches.

From others close to the team--RGIII's father is in the locker room all the time hyping the brand, RGIII's father and other relatives have bad mouthed the coach repeatedly on every decision he has made.

I believe Shanahan should have pulled RGIII last year but he would have been vilified either way unless--Cousins led the team to a Super Bowl.

Snyder is a meddling billiionare who has wrecked his team repeatedly...after spending tons of money--overpaying for free agents...and coaches. He really needs to hire a football guy to run the franchise and then stay the heck away! But it's his toy and he can and will do whatever he wants!
Redskins are a giant CF right now. That is all.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think the dude's in pain. I don't think he ever fully recovered from last season's knee surgery. And the injury may have been so bad, that he essentially ended his career.

The old RG III -- pre injury -- was a pretty darn good player. I hope his career isn't over. It would be a crying shame if it came to that.

no training camp, no preseason. to go along with a bad oline and few weapons on offense = disaster for any NFL QB.

also, a lot of people around the league/analysts and including some of our own players, said that he shouldn't have played this year until he was 100 percent.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think the dude's in pain. I don't think he ever fully recovered from last season's knee surgery. And the injury may have been so bad, that he essentially ended his career.

The old RG III -- pre injury -- was a pretty darn good player. I hope his career isn't over. It would be a crying shame if it came to that.

no training camp, no preseason. to go along with a bad oline and few weapons on offense = disaster for any NFL QB.

also, a lot of people around the league/analysts and including some of our own players, said that he shouldn't have played this year until he was 100 percent.

Agree with this and hope, like BillB, that his career isn't ruined. He was one of my favorites when drafted and I do see him as a tremendous talent. He is largely responsible for his situation, along with Snyder and Shanahan...and RGII...his daddy, who has been given free access to the locker room. Such a mess!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why did they trade so many picks for him? He's not good and he can't stay healthy.

we're talking about the guy that paid 30 million dollars for Brandon Lloyd.............................................

And $7.5 million guaranteed to Josh Morgan, who was coming off a season where he had 15 catches before breaking a leg/ankle.

And Albert Haynesworth $100 million contract.
Redskin's next coach will be RGIII's college coach from Baylor. He's familiar with RGIII and knows how to use him in his scheme. RGIII is familiar with his scheme and excels in it. He's not a high profile name coach in college but he's a pretty successful coach. You heard it here first.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Redskin's next coach will be RGIII's college coach from Baylor. He's familiar with RGIII and knows how to use him in his scheme. RGIII is familiar with his scheme and excels in it. He's not a high profile name coach in college but he's a pretty successful coach. You heard it here first.

wouldn't be a bad idea, but Snyder only goes for the brand name guys.......
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
People are putting this on Shanahan, but I don't discount the competitive nature of a player want to be out there on the field, even if it means he is not 100% healthy. This one should be on RG3 also. This is very similar to Alex Smith with his injured shoulder. Except Nolan went a little more retard in trying to get him to play. And I see that whole situation as partially Smith fault too for wanting to come back earlier for playing time.

shanny didnt want him in the first place. this is all on snyder. snyder rushed him back because he traded so much for him and spent all that money on "weapons" i dont blame shanahan in that situation but he will get the axe soon too. he also wont fire his son whos a s**tty OC and that will ultimately be his downfall.
Share 49ersWebzone