There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wade Phillips wants to be the Texans coach permanently

Dude is delusional, he's been an awful head coach in the NFL, dumping Kubiak only to go with Phillips would be a downgrade. Phillips is a very good defensive coordinator, lousy head coach but he's seemingly having trouble accepting his limitations.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/10/wade-phillips-wants-to-be-the-texans-permanent-head-coach/

Guys like Wade and Norv are maddening, very good, highly talented coordinators that are lousy head coaches yet they can't get it out of their system.
what can't they get out of their System?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:

that they suck at being a head coach but always want to be one.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by communist:

that they suck at being a head coach but always want to be one.

maybe cause they get paid lol

i would keep trying if someone was willing to pay me 4-5 million dollars as a HC, instead of 1-2 millions as a coordinator
  • Antix
  • Veteran
At least he won't be our HC. Whoever is dumb enough to hire him deserves what happens to them.
I wonder if they risk losing him if he doesn't get the HC gig. Great DC, he turned that defense around.... or maybe it was Watt.

Regardless, no way in hell should he ever be a HC again.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
I still really cant beleive they dumped Kubiak. I mean i know they are having an unacceptable season, and the health issue of Kubiak etc, but still....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I still really cant beleive they dumped Kubiak. I mean i know they are having an unacceptable season, and the health issue of Kubiak etc, but still....

Well I wonder if it also has something to do with letting Wade Phillips be the coach in the same city where his father coached for a few years.

But at the end of the day, it sends a statement to the team. Many of them are playing for their jobs next season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Take Eric Mangini or Greg Roman so what he doesn't have any HC experience. Look at Mike McCarthy!!!
The owner of the Texans is intelligent enough to know that having Wade Phillips take over will inevitably lead to a #1 pick in the upcoming draft.
Wade Phillips will give you 2 good years as a HC. Total crap after that. Did the same in Dallas, Buffalo, and Denver. Good defensive coordinator though. If he team up with Shanahan in Washington they would make a good pair of HC/OC and DC.
It's amazing how many chances some of these washed up old has beens get.
Better for us that they hire Wade.

A really good coach and a top level QB and they'd be a force.

You never know, if the Bears don't resign Cutler and he goes to the Texans - that's be one tough team.

I know they also have other issues but a guy who can throw like Cutler would make them VERY tough. UNLESS they also hire Wade as HC.