There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Gordon

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I am at the point where I honestly couldn't care less about someone getting busted for MJ. The dude got busted for smoking pot, he wasn't doing crack, doing meth, out knocking off convenience stores..etc, the whole marijuana crackdown is kind of ridiculous frankly, just some very backwards ass stuff.


Gordon is a dumbass because he knew the consequences that he could face and how much he had riding on staying clean but its still strikes me as silly to ban a guy for an entire season for toking up in the offseason.

This x 10.

But if you know what the consequences are, and you do it anyway ... you either have a problem, or you're not very bright. Maybe both?
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,048
Josh Gordon

bad intangibles can easily obliterate talent.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
But if you know what the consequences are, and you do it anyway ... you either have a problem, or you're not very bright. Maybe both?


This guy doesnt have a problem, he is just young stupid, and has little self control. A year long ban is silly, it should be saved for someone who did steroids, a wife beater, or assault, things that are for actual bad people, not jackasses. The NFL's discipline system is ass backwards. How can guys get away with doing performance enhancing substances such as roids or addies beat their wifes?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,397
Is he ever going to learn???

Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports
#Browns WR Josh Gordon was cited for speeding while his passenger was cited for marijuana: http://yhoo.it/U1QXQX&nbsp
Originally posted by Jcool:
Is he ever going to learn???

Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports
#Browns WR Josh Gordon was cited for speeding while his passenger was cited for marijuana: http://yhoo.it/U1QXQX&nbsp

lol, im sure none of the passegers dope is JG's
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,511
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Is he ever going to learn???

Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports
#Browns WR Josh Gordon was cited for speeding while his passenger was cited for marijuana: http://yhoo.it/U1QXQX&nbsp

lol, im sure none of the passegers dope is JG's

  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,500
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
But if you know what the consequences are, and you do it anyway ... you either have a problem, or you're not very bright. Maybe both?


This guy doesnt have a problem, he is just young stupid, and has little self control. A year long ban is silly, it should be saved for someone who did steroids, a wife beater, or assault, things that are for actual bad people, not jackasses. The NFL's discipline system is ass backwards. How can guys get away with doing performance enhancing substances such as roids or addies beat their wifes?

They gonna suspend the entire NFL for the season then?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Is he ever going to learn???

Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports
#Browns WR Josh Gordon was cited for speeding while his passenger was cited for marijuana: http://yhoo.it/U1QXQX&nbsp

This dude is pretty dumb, no way around that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,743
feed him to the sharks
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,048
Gordon caught speeding; passenger had weed

Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket in Strongsville, Ohio over the Memorial Day weekend, while his passenger was cited for marijuana possession.

The speeding ticket is obviously a non-story, but it shows a remarkable lack of common sense and self awareness for a player in Gordon's situation â€" appealing a year-long suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy â€" to get caught with someone with marijuana.

The easy inference, of course, is that the weed didn't just belong to Gordon's friend. The situation will undoubtedly complicate Gordon's appeal of his ban, and make it far more likely the 16-game punishment is upheld. Gordon is risking a lifetime ban with his reckless behavior. It's a depressing waste of talent for a 23-year-old wideout who just won the league's receiving title

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288598/gordon-caught-speeding-passenger-had-weed
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 989
The man is pretty bone-headed that's for sure.. but banning someone for the entire season for smoking weed in the off-season? Gimme a break.


Roger Goodell and the NFL pick and choose who they wanna beat down....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,743
Is this Josh's mentor?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/crowder-ricky-williams-smoked-weed-before-games/
[ Edited by LVJay on May 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:

Originally posted by buck:
Gordon caught speeding; passenger had weed

Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket in Strongsville, Ohio over the Memorial Day weekend, while his passenger was cited for marijuana possession.

The speeding ticket is obviously a non-story, but it shows a remarkable lack of common sense and self awareness for a player in Gordon's situation â€" appealing a year-long suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy â€" to get caught with someone with marijuana.

The easy inference, of course, is that the weed didn't just belong to Gordon's friend. The situation will undoubtedly complicate Gordon's appeal of his ban, and make it far more likely the 16-game punishment is upheld. Gordon is risking a lifetime ban with his reckless behavior. It's a depressing waste of talent for a 23-year-old wideout who just won the league's receiving title

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288598/gordon-caught-speeding-passenger-had-weed

That pretty much should seal his fate for getting suspended the whole season. No suspension has been handed down yet but this should send it through the express lane.
This dummy... Maybe gordon thinks he will be an nfl player forever and make millions forever. What an idiot, I'm glad the 49ers went after jackson instead of this clown.