There are 168 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Hahhaaah. Josh is sharing the front row with Alton man. They are on the train wreck express! I'd rather give that 6th rounder a chance. Could be the next Tom Brady!!

Welp we disagree...next tom Brady when's the last time that's happened, oh that right once.

Read up on Gordon and what he's done to fix his life. I'll take his play making ability over some 6th rd bum who most likely won't be on the team.

Will have to do that today
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He applied for reinstatement Wednesday...sounds like he's in a better place, I got no problem giving a 6th rd pick for him at all.

I'd give more than that if need be, could give a 6th or 7th this year and conditional pick next year. I'd also give him an extension loaded with incentives for off the field behavior and on field production. He could be the true #1 receiver that has eluded us over the years.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Mar 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM ]
Giving up a 6th this year and a conditional pick might be a good idea. Gordon if reinstated, is going to be a beast once again. This low risk high reward move could pay big dividends for us in our rebuild. I also want Mixon in the draft, because he would be a perfect player to pair with Hyde, in that Mixon is a good receiving back, so 3rd downs can be his, and he's a good runner, so he could help keep Hyde fresh by taking 10-12 carries a game. Sure Mixon messed up in the past, but it is an isolated incident, he was hit first (not saying it's ok to hit a woman) but it also was like 3 years ago, and he's been good ever since. Taking a mid/late round flier on him is well worth it. If Mixon is there in the late 4th, early 5th, I'd draft him and not look back.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Giving up a 6th this year and a conditional pick might be a good idea. Gordon if reinstated, is going to be a beast once again. This low risk high reward move could pay big dividends for us in our rebuild. I also want Mixon in the draft, because he would be a perfect player to pair with Hyde, in that Mixon is a good receiving back, so 3rd downs can be his, and he's a good runner, so he could help keep Hyde fresh by taking 10-12 carries a game. Sure Mixon messed up in the past, but it is an isolated incident, he was hit first (not saying it's ok to hit a woman) but it also was like 3 years ago, and he's been good ever since. Taking a mid/late round flier on him is well worth it. If Mixon is there in the late 4th, early 5th, I'd draft him and not look back.

I like Mixon as a player too, would probably have to draft him at 34 though. I could hear the media backlash if we were to pick up those 2 players...While teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, or Bengals... can go after people with off the field problems all the time and be praised for it.
Pick up Gordon and Mixon and the alt unis could be prison striped. Winning with class baby.
I don't think Mixon is getting drafted in the first 3 rounds. Quite a few teams I guarantee have him off their draft board. Maybe I'm wrong? I think he'll be good in the Pro's and would love to add a Rb of his skill set to this team. Not with an early round pick though, we have bigger needs than Mixon early on in the draft. Now if we start doing a lot of trading down, and accumulating a lot of picks, then I'm game for drafting him in the 4th/5th round.
Will the Browns keep him once he's reinstated? He could potentially just replace Pryor
Can you guys imagine if the Patriots got Josh Gordon? (edit - I know they just got Brandon Cooks)
[ Edited by Pick4Six on Mar 12, 2017 at 10:13 AM ]
Been saying this since I joined the webzone (new member, lifelong fan). $1M salary for a potentially worthless pick (could be a Brady, but not likely). 6th/7th round pick for him is nothing. He's primed and determined for a comeback. Look at his instagram, he look so better than ever physically. Why let him hit the market? If he screws up, cut him. But my judgement says he's good to go, and whoever gets him is going to benefit greatly... why not us? We all know he'a a phenomenal WR, he might be what could make this offense (even with Hoyer) elite next year. Also means the draft can be D loaded, other than a QB and G/C. I would love the move.

Gordon solves to many questions with our WR corp. Adding him makes our WR corp look pretty dang good. All at the cost of a late round pick, that we can probably pick back up in the draft by moving down a tad in the middle rounds. It's a very low risk move with HUGE REWARD written all over it. I would trade for him right now, and go into the draft with one less need.
Why do these teams continue to trade with New England? They're in the superbowl every damn year. You have to beat them. Nobody has been able to do that as it is so how do they figure they can do that by making them stronger?

Every organization in the league should be looking to weaken that team out of spite if for no other reason. Stupid trades like the cooks trade is only helping them stay on top. God help us if cleveland trades for Jimmy G. Then theyll not only be chocked full of weapons on top of having the goat at coach and QB, they'll be winning the superbowl AND will own multiple high end picks in every round of the draft. Stupid as hell. I don't care what conference or division you're in. Makes no sense on any level regardless of how you figure it will help your team
And your comments relate to Josh Gordon how? :)
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Been saying this since I joined the webzone (new member, lifelong fan). $1M salary for a potentially worthless pick (could be a Brady, but not likely). 6th/7th round pick for him is nothing. He's primed and determined for a comeback. Look at his instagram, he look so better than ever physically. Why let him hit the market? If he screws up, cut him. But my judgement says he's good to go, and whoever gets him is going to benefit greatly... why not us? We all know he'a a phenomenal WR, he might be what could make this offense (even with Hoyer) elite next year. Also means the draft can be D loaded, other than a QB and G/C. I would love the move.

Just saw that picture of him. Damn! He's shredded. You certainly wouldn't have to worry about his conditioning. I hope he gets back on track. I root for this guy. Unlike Aldon, I get the impression that he can pull it off.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

Just saw that picture of him. Damn! He's shredded. You certainly wouldn't have to worry about his conditioning. I hope he gets back on track. I root for this guy. Unlike Aldon, I get the impression that he can pull it off.

His issue is addiction, unlike Aldon who is just plain boneheaded and immature smh.. If he can beat his addiction he is good to go. Id trade for him and do just like Jerry did with Dez Bryant and hire a personal security for him just to keep him straight.
Share 49ersWebzone