LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
4th with a conditional 3rd is about right.

I'd give him a $683k bonus added to his current $817k base pay for the season also. This would show we value him and give him a little extra reason to work. Maybe throw in some incentives for him to reach and earn much more should he perform. Re-sign him if he proves himself. Driskel will need him next year.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Given the fact that Gordon is one screw up away from being permanently banned -- it's hard to see any team giving up more than the equivalent to a late round pick. I doubt the Browns make a move in that scenario. He is their Anthony Davis. They planned for life without him. Getting him back in any capacity is just a bonus.

I agree, doubt anyone offers much. The 49ers probably could give them the best package, two starters plus a late pick eg. 5th
Starting FB = Bruce Miller
+
Starting OL = Andrew Tiller or Beadles or Martin or Pears or Thomas or Cooper or etc (their choice)
+
late pick (~5th)
[ Edited by Vito_Corleone on Aug 24, 2016 at 1:27 AM ]
Him and kaep are pretty good friends.
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
I agree, doubt anyone offers much. The 49ers probably could give them the best package, two starters plus a late pick eg. 5th
+
Starting OL = Andrew Tiller or Beadles or Martin or Pears or Thomas or Cooper or etc (their choice)
+
late pick (~5th)

No way to any of these trade offers. Would rather keep our talent or trade it for someone somewhere else later. I'd offer a 4th rd pick at very most with a conditional 3rd should he make it throughout this season and meet performance requirements. Then we can re-sign him.
[ Edited by 9-54-9er on Aug 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
+
+
late pick (~5th)

This guy hasnt played in years and is one "puff puff give" f**kup away from an automatic 2 year ban. I'd offer them Miller and a conditional 6th rounder.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This guy hasnt played in years and is one "puff puff give" f**kup away from an automatic 2 year ban. I'd offer them Miller and a conditional 6th rounder.

That sounds rather fair.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Him and kaep are pretty good friends.

they are
I'd love to trade for him, but it would suck if he came here, started making plays, and then messes up and gone !!!!!

I don't think any team wants to put faith into a player they know could be gone in a heart beat , even though he is talented and a bona fide playmaker
Kaep for Gordon straight up

I wouldn't even trade an in-n-out burger for kap right now

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Gordon is so damn good, missed all that time and came in right away and lit up TB's secondary just like that. It's too bad Cleveland won't trade him, he's an untrustworthy idiot and 1 blunt away from a ban

Gordon is so damn good, missed all that time and came in right away and lit up TB's secondary just like that. It's too bad Cleveland won't trade him, he's an untrustworthy idiot and 1 blunt away from a ban

Agreed. Would love to have him but just don't see the Browns giving him up anytime soon
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Yes please
yup I'm sure the the Browns wont trade Gordon especially since RG3 is their starting QB and him and Gordon were college teammates and they kno each others games..but if so id take a chance on him..idc the niners need to try to get a young dominant WR..id give a 3rd and Miller or Reaser or Tiller..
Can we go ahead and just pull the trigger on a trade for this guy now?

We need WR help pretty clearly. When Kerley can come in after a week and look like the best WR on the roster, we need some help.

Do it please. This team can compete. OL/DL looked great. Hell Defense as a whole looked vintage. QB Play was shaky, and the WR play outside of Kerley was horrible. Gordon could improve the offense dramatically.
Share 49ersWebzone