There are 178 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

One other nugget on Josh Gordon -- He hasn't met with the Browns since the end of the season. So as all this went on ...

Help. I am twitter illiterate. What does this mean? I am guessing the Browns do not want to talk to him.

It means since the seasons ended he has not met with anyone with the Browns.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by niners94:
So much for trying to trade for this fool.

Still think we should. Lol. Keep his rights for a couple of years. He might turn it around.

Ahh man you're delusion just like ALL the Cawk fans still thinking they have a dynasty at hand.

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by niners94:
So much for trying to trade for this fool.

Still think we should. Lol. Keep his rights for a couple of years. He might turn it around.

Ahh man you're delusion just like ALL the Cawk fans still thinking they have a dynasty at hand.

This

though i agree with the last part, i don't think agree with josh Gordon being a lost cause. He explained his self very good when he said he didn't know he would be tested after the season was done and he had a couple of beers on a plane ride. He shouldn't even be kept from drinking like that in the first place. I think he is just not that bright but i think he trying better himself. I would definitely take a chance on this kid when his suspension is done. I think he will win his appeal for a shorter suspension
We would be better off without him. He's a self destructive player. Great talent but just can't follow the rules. That talent (speed)only lasts at a peak form for only about 4 years.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That was a very good read. If what he says is the truth, I think he'll get another shot in the league. But he HAS to keep his head on straight. I still don't think he fully accepts his personal responsibility here.

According to him, all of his mistakes were from simply not following up or understanding specific league rules and dates. He kind of brushes it off like it's no big deal. This is a degree of carelessness that no other player in the league has exhibited, and there are a lot of guys with problems. Compared to alcoholism or drug abuse, he's right, it's not as big a deal to his personal health. But he's ruining his career, financial situation, and the well being of his family by making these stupid childish mistakes.

He's only 23, so hopefully he figures it out. To ruin your life over such trivial things is beyond stupid. Know exactly what is asked of you and get it done. No excuses.

And yet, he admits that HE is at fault for not following up or knowing league rules or dates. I'm not sure what else you expect from him. He isn't blaming it on other people.

The guy obviously has screwed up a lot, but he seems to accept and understand that he is at fault for his actions. He doesn't blame others and he seems to realize the negative impact these things will have on the otherwise fabulous life he could be living.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
We would be better off without him. He's a self destructive player. Great talent but just can't follow the rules. That talent (speed)only lasts at a peak form for only about 4 years.

No, we wouldn't. Saying any team would be better without an all-pro caliber player at ANY position is preposterous. Would we also be better off without Aldon Smith?

Look, having a player that good - even if he misses time during the season - beats not having a player that good AT ALL. There's always a chance he screws up again, in which case the team could just part ways and move on. There's also a chance he doesn't screw up again, in which case the team has hit the lottery with an outstanding playmaker.

The only way it would be a negative is if he negatively impacts others in the locker room, which, unless I'm missing something, there is no evidence of Josh Gordon doing. His issues are solely on him. Other players aren't popping drug screens because of Josh Gordon.

And I've seen the whole "keep him away from Aldon" argument, to which I say Aldon is going to do what Aldon wants to do. Josh Gordon isn't going to be the reason Aldon gets another DUI. If that happens it's going to happen with or without Josh Gordon's presence in SF.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That was a very good read. If what he says is the truth, I think he'll get another shot in the league. But he HAS to keep his head on straight. I still don't think he fully accepts his personal responsibility here.

According to him, all of his mistakes were from simply not following up or understanding specific league rules and dates. He kind of brushes it off like it's no big deal. This is a degree of carelessness that no other player in the league has exhibited, and there are a lot of guys with problems. Compared to alcoholism or drug abuse, he's right, it's not as big a deal to his personal health. But he's ruining his career, financial situation, and the well being of his family by making these stupid childish mistakes.

He's only 23, so hopefully he figures it out. To ruin your life over such trivial things is beyond stupid. Know exactly what is asked of you and get it done. No excuses.

And yet, he admits that HE is at fault for not following up or knowing league rules or dates. I'm not sure what else you expect from him. He isn't blaming it on other people.

The guy obviously has screwed up a lot, but he seems to accept and understand that he is at fault for his actions. He doesn't blame others and he seems to realize the negative impact these things will have on the otherwise fabulous life he could be living.

Admitting fault means nothing. Of course he's at fault, we already know that. I've met people like this in my life. Screw up after screw up. They always admit fault to end the conversation, but never change their behavior. Words mean nothing without action.

The issue is him actually changing his behavior and taking this seriously. I'm glad he's not a drug addict or alcoholic like people speculated, but he's still been a moron. Know the rules, and abide by them. It's that simple, and this guy is sacrificing millions by not complying. Unbelievable.
  • buck
  • Veteran
for what it is worth.

Ex-Browns employee details Josh Gordon's difficulties

Aaron Shea was the Browns' director of player engagement during Josh Gordon's first two seasons, and though his name was rarely mentioned outside of a six-year playing career, he illustrates the importance of jobs at every level in the NFL locker room.

In an interview with ESPN.com, Shea talked about the difficulty of earning Gordon's respect, and what a delicate balance it was between being a disciplinary figure and friend and losing him completely.

As an official who frequently acted as the liaison between player and coach, it was Shea's job to get Gordon to pay attention and show up on time.

"If you come in hard right away, you shut him down," Shea said. "But if you come in and gain his respect, then after that, you can come in hard on him."

Shea added: "He's misunderstood. I can see why people are down on him. Josh really needs to grow up because this is it. He's heard that enough, but I think this is really, really it."

In one particularly jarring passage, Shea talked about pulling into the Browns' facility every morning just hoping that Gordon and Trent Richardson's cars were already there.

With the Browns scrambling to start yet another season -- Johnny Manziel is in treatment, Gordon is lost for another season and Brian Hoyer is debating whether he'd even come back -- they can use all the stabilizing factors they can find.

"I really hope for the best for Josh," Shea said. "But the way he played this year you could tell just by watching there was something clearly wrong with him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469909/article/exbrowns-employee-details-josh-gordons-difficulties
http://youtu.be/mfwN0X8YnWo
[ Edited by English on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

One other nugget on Josh Gordon -- He hasn't met with the Browns since the end of the season. So as all this went on ...

Help. I am twitter illiterate. What does this mean? I am guessing the Browns do not want to talk to him.

It means since the seasons ended he has not met with anyone with the Browns.

It means he is still getting high and forgot.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Man he might never play in the NFL again...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Browns WR Josh Gordon did fail another drug test a month ago, as @MikeGarafolo said. Explains why he hasn't been reinstated yet.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Man he might never play in the NFL again...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Browns WR Josh Gordon did fail another drug test a month ago, as @MikeGarafolo said. Explains why he hasn't been reinstated yet.

Keep on blazin Josh lol
What a waste
Heard Manziel, Gordon, and Aldon are all living together
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Heard Manziel, Gordon, and Aldon are all living together

Lol the first 2 are true
Share 49ersWebzone