LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would probably cost a 1st rounder. We may be able to do just as well without the character concerns.
Trade for him asap!!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
How about a deal... one of our guys and a pick (definitely nothing better than a 4th rd) for the Herbalist
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Last year Browns had deal for Gordon to San Fran essentially done. Ownership squashed it. Will regret that. They'll get little for him now

damn...
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by niners94:
I would still trade for him.
I'd rather go for a WR in round 1 or 2, if needed.

I'd like to get JG and still get another WR in the 1st / 2nd

If we could pull that off -
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Last year Browns had deal for Gordon to San Fran essentially done. Ownership squashed it. Will regret that. They'll get little for him now

How that might have changed things for both teams this season..................I fully believe this too, Lombardi was probably privy to those negotiations and he and LaCanfora are BFF's.

A Bee source said the 49ers wanted to make the trade but the Browns' demands were too high, including a demand for two first-round picks.

They were clearly smoking crack.

49ers should come back and offer them a 4th rounder and a conditional 5th or 6th rounder in 2016.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM ]
Offer Crabs for him
Originally posted by Since07:
Offer Crabs for him

you cant trade a guy who is about to be a FA. the trade dealine was the last chance at that
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Josh for Brooks. Both teams win.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Offer Crabs for him

you cant trade a guy who is about to be a FA. the trade dealine was the last chance at that

You're jus sayin that cause you like crabtree

Offer Crabs for him

You're jus sayin that cause you like crabtree

no i'm saying it because by the time the new league year starts and trades can happen, he wont have a contract with the team.
no i'm saying it because by the time the new league year starts and trades can happen, he wont have a contract with the team.

I know man lol Im jus messin with you
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by niners94:
I would still trade for him.
I'd rather go for a WR in round 1 or 2, if needed.

I'd like to get JG and still get another WR in the 1st / 2nd

If we could pull that off -

What (if any) are the hurdles standing in the way?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I wanna see what a proper OC can do with our current WR corps before drafting high for a rookie or trading for a "big name" guy.

I feel like we don't really know what we have in our current WR group because of garbage coaching (playcalling/scheme, not using Ellington/Patton) + injuries (Crabtree earlier, Johnson later)....

I know many don't want him back but if we could re-sign Crabtree to a decent deal, with who we already have (minus B.Lloyd who will probably retire) and an offensive staff that coaches in the modern decade, we could be just fine.

IMO Wide Receiver is still one of the strengths of this team in terms of talent/depth. Horrendous coaching makes it appear like a need though....
I say brooks and a 5 or 6 pick we need a deep threat and I like our GM but we can not draft a wideout to save lives
Share 49ersWebzone