There are 299 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Aldon is at least trying to better himself.

To me it seems like the NFL have made a huge error with the Ray Rice thing. You're right. You've got Aldon Smith, who checks himself into rehab, voluntarily misses five games, now has a child he's taking care of and hasn't really been a danger to anyone but himself when you look at the facts surrounding his DUI's and gun issues and he's looking at multiple games. On the other hand, you've got a violent act on a woman by Rice, who draws two games.

They've got to know that it's not going to look good if they bring the hammer down on Smith after slapping Rice's wrist.

Yes. The injustice isn't with Gordon's suspension but with the leniency given to Ray Rice. If Aldon cops it worse than Ray the NFLPA will be banging down Roger's door.

If I'm the breast cancer charities I would be telling Roger to stuff it too, although they probably need the money.
Four more states are voting to make MMJ legal soon. If they all pass that would put more than half the teams in the league in legal states. Don't be too shocked if Goodell trades MJ penalties for an 18 game season soon.
You betta walk that line ,John!

(Cash)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/08/flowchart-long-will-nfl-suspension
Now Trade 3 first rds, 4 second rds, Willis, Bowman and Harbaugh for Josh Gordon. Get on it Baalke!! NAAOOOO!!
Rice fooled everyone. He beat her ass and should b in jail. If he wasn't a rich athlete he woulda got a lot of jail time.
Doesn't MJ have a positive effect in one way or another with athletic performance? The UFC doesn't allow it. Nick Diaz had his eye socket broken early in a fight but continued on no ill effects to win it. He failed his post game drug test -- positive for MJ.

And personally, I remember playing a 1 on 1 bball game for $150 with a dude who proceeded to get high literally in front of me with MJ right before we played. He eeked out a close win against me. I know two small sample sizes just saying..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Just spoke to Calgary Stampeders ass't GM John Murphy. Effort to get Josh Gordon to the CFL underway. Story coming at NFL.com

Murphy told me that Gordon's agent Drew Rosenhaus is trying to work with the Browns, the NFL and the CFL to make this happen.

Per Murphy, the Stampeders put the request into the CFL to add Josh Gordon to their negotiating list this morning. Were granted that.
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 28, 2014 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Just spoke to Calgary Stampeders ass't GM John Murphy. Effort to get Josh Gordon to the CFL underway. Story coming at NFL.com

Murphy told me that Gordon's agent Drew Rosenhaus is trying to work with the Browns, the NFL and the CFL to make this happen.

Per Murphy, the Stampeders put the request into the CFL to add Josh Gordon to their negotiating list this morning. Were granted that.

f**k Canada
dont think you can play in the cfl while under an nfl suspension. pretty sure they changed that after ricky williams came up here to play for toronto.

Originally posted by crabman82:
dont think you can play in the cfl while under an nfl suspension. pretty sure they changed that after ricky williams came up here to play for toronto.

How does that work?
CFL is a completely different organization... how can they enforce that?
Should be interesting watching this unfold.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:

How does that work?
CFL is a completely different organization... how can they enforce that?
Should be interesting watching this unfold.

they caught some flack for allowing ricky williams to play while he was suspended by the nfl. in response they quickly made it a rule that if you're suspended by the nfl they wont allow you to play in the cfl while serving that suspension.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Yes. The injustice isn't with Gordon's suspension but with the leniency given to Ray Rice. If Aldon cops it worse than Ray the NFLPA will be banging down Roger's door.

If I'm the breast cancer charities I would be telling Roger to stuff it too, although they probably need the money.

I think suspending a player for an entire year for smoking pot is completely absurd. I not only think it's injustice, I think it's a disgrace.
The Gordon decision is now in the books and we're all waiting for the Aldon decision.

I'm thinking 2 games.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Report: #49ers were the top candidate to trade for WR Josh Gordon ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24698913/josh-gordon-trade-talks-were-shut-down-by-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam
Share 49ersWebzone