LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
seattle's gonna pick him up and torch us twice a year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

with all the greenery surrounding that clown, he'll be torched before he steps on the field

Let them... just another receiver they have that will rarely play in an actual game.
I was gonna call a cab ...but then I got high, I coulda made that grab...but then I got high...la de dah dah...la de dah dah...cause I got high.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
It's not like this guy is a felon; He's a STONER; that's about it....
Yes he is an idiot for getting caught so many times and should put football over weed for now, but he isn't a huge criminal or anything;
I mean it's not like players don't take ampetamines just to learn/stay focused on playbooks. The dude smokes and isn't being to bright about it; But he is absolutely no criminal, and I don't understand why he is being crucified on here.

All he did was produce on Sundays;

The only reason I thought it was silly to talk about giving up a 1st for him was NFL rules. That's it. For me, it had nothing to do with him as a person. I feel bad for him. I think the fact that NFL players can't use pot to ease their pain is a completely ridiculous disgrace. It's absurd. The NFL is fine with them taking all sorts of pharmaceuticals, most of which are probably dangerous and addictive, but using this herb to relax and deal with soreness and pain is off limits??!! Ridiculous.

The rules are made clear to each player entering the NFL.

Gordon knew the rules, or at least he has no excuse for not knowing the rules. He got caught breaking the rules.

He has made his bed, and now he gets to sleep in it.

At least, Gordon has entered rehab. That was a good choice.

But, I would love to have heard what his agent said in the conversation that accompanied that decision.

hope he ends up a 9er. but he will probably end up with pete the cheat where they eat peds like candy. oh well
I don't see Browns releasing him.

He's tailor-made for Johnny Football.

Also, I see the players Union, with other states legalizing weed, start to fight for a different approach to that issue.

How are they going to do that? The Browns still retain his rights, unless I've missed something.
Originally posted by buck:
The rules are made clear to each player entering the NFL.

Gordon knew the rules, or at least he has no excuse for not knowing the rules. He got caught breaking the rules.

He has made his bed, and now he gets to sleep in it.

At least, Gordon has entered rehab. That was a good choice.

But, I would love to have heard what his agent said in the conversation that accompanied that decision.

Too bad for him and his new lawyer that the NFL isn't going to fall for the "may or may not be my pee but the cup was cracked" technicality. Even if by some miracle his current suspension is overturned.....scratch that. No way it gets overturned.

Getting arrested AGAIN while already suspended = you dumb.

Maybe next year buddy.
If we could trade a first or a player plus a second I Might b down. Even if he sits a lot of the year he would be fresh for the playoffs. I mean we do go against. One of the best secondarys the league has seen in the last 20 years at least twice a year and we are hosting the next Sbowl.we could lose crabs and still have one of the league's best units in Johnson, boldin, Gordon, duke and general, . He only puffed herb and I think the league will soon relax weed policy. Soon. A bit of a gamble but all those dudes and the Vs at tight end would be like a probowl squad. Might as well give us the next two bowls.

I still say that the Josh Gordon thing, when compared to the Ray Rice thing exposes the absurdity of NFL drug policy. Knock a woman out and drag her unconscious body across the floor by the hair? 2 games. Do a harmless recreational drug that is a totally legal controlled substance in two states and legal for medical uses in 28 states? Lose an entire season.

Yes, I know they all know the rules. I'm just saying the rules are absurd.
Great job winning the Brick yard !
I still say that the Josh Gordon thing, when compared to the Ray Rice thing exposes the absurdity of NFL drug policy. Knock a woman out and drag her unconscious body across the floor by the hair? 2 games. Do a harmless recreational drug that is a totally legal controlled substance in two states and legal for medical uses in 28 states? Lose an entire season.

Completely agree.

1) This isn't Josh Gordkn's first brush with the law. It isn't his second. either.

2) Contrary to all the faux outrage, Ray Rice wasn't actually found guilty of anything. Worth noting is that the NFL elected to punish Ray Rice for something that the law didn't.

That's why one was suspended for two games, and the other suspended for the season. Not hard to figure out.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]
I hope he wins his appeal and is able to play this year. I want to see the Browns actually have a good year
Share 49ersWebzone