There are 174 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This guy will never play another down in the NFL

Why would one of the best young WR's in the league never play??? Him and Johnny?

What has the guy shown you that he'll ever be able to stay clean and on the field with all his issues as it is??? Got busted and kicked off Baylor's football program in college and carrying the same baggage in the pros.

Get caught up in some BS like this while in the middle of attempting to appeal a year long suspension .

This guy is walking on very thin ice. Silly me, I was naive enough to make myself believe that trading a 2nd for him would be worth it, a steal even, and that he'd change his ways.

Baalke smarter than me, we dodged a bullet not trading for him. Aldon Smith is already a head ache, imagine having two.

Football aside, D'qwell Jackson said it best that he needs to get his life together first and foremost. Sucks for the fans but his life and well being is more important than the game.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jul 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Ive said this before and ill say it again: I firmly believe he changes the outcome of our season in 2013 had we traded for him. Even if he had contributed to one more win during the season (which is far from unfathomable, seeing as how our horrendous recieving corps outside of Boldin did the team no favors in any of our 4 losses), we host the NFCC game at The Stick, where Seattle has never won since Pete Carroll arrived.

That alone would have made the trade worth it. Even if he never played another down.

None of us can say for sure what would have happened, but I firmly believe he could have put us over the top last year.

On that last INT pass to Crabs in the championship game, there's no way they'd be able to cover Boldin, Davis, Crabs, and Gordon had we got him. But then again.....Kaep probably would not have seen him like he missed a wide open Boldin to the left side of the endzone.

I honestly don't believe it would have ever come down to that play. Not only would he have impacted that game more than any of the receivers we had, but I firmly believe we wouldn't even be playing in Seattle. One more win during the season, and we host that game. Seattle simply isn't the same team when they're away from home. It is far from unfathomable to think Gordon would have contributed to one more win during the season. Hell, we should have hosted that NFCC game anyway (if not for the BS flag on Brooks when he sacked Brees).

And like I said, Gordon could never play a down again from this point forward, but had he contributed the way I believe he would have last season, the trade would have been well worth it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
When he thought of the team he played for, all he ever thought of was brownies (with herb).

Clearly, he wants out Cleveland and traded to Denver or to the Cheatterall Cawk suckers. He'll be set for life and baked for life in one of those states (so he thinks)
How about we get rid of these stupid weed policies that are costing the sport a star player. Yes, Gordon is a moron for being unable to follow the rules, but the drug policies in this country are even more moronic.

I keep hearing, "Oh man, Gordon has a serious problem, the guy's life is in danger..." Well, it's not the weed that's killing him, evidenced by his supreme athletic talent and conditioning. A lot of hard work and dedication went toward putting himself in that position physically.

The act of smoking weed hurts no one. It's the policy that is about to ruin another person's life. Just let the kid smoke weed and watch him kill it on Sundays. As long as he doesn't show up to work drunk or high, why should we care? From what I understand, he's never had an incident at the workplace, it's all been on his own time. We need to stop punishing people like this for victimless acts.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
How about we get rid of these stupid weed policies that are costing the sport a star player. Yes, Gordon is a moron for being unable to follow the rules, but the drug policies in this country are even more moronic.

I keep hearing, "Oh man, Gordon has a serious problem, the guy's life is in danger..." Well, it's not the weed that's killing him, evidenced by his supreme athletic talent and conditioning. A lot of hard work and dedication went toward putting himself in that position physically.

The act of smoking weed hurts no one. It's the policy that is about to ruin another person's life. Just let the kid smoke weed and watch him kill it on Sundays. As long as he doesn't show up to work drunk or high, why should we care? From what I understand, he's never had an incident at the workplace, it's all been on his own time. We need to stop punishing people like this for victimless acts.

that is all fine and dandy. but if the all 50 states legalize marijuana but the NFL says no, it is their right to tell their employees no. if you want to smoke weed then you do not play in the NFL, if you want to play in the NFL you follow their rules or face their punishment.
In 2011 we had braylon Edwards, josh Morgan, and Tedd Ginn go down with injuries. With those guys on the field during nfccc we prob win

2012 Jenkins , moss , crabbs didn't really scare anyone. Mannigham went down..

And in 2013 crabbs goes down and in each case we did nothing to fill those gaps.
Yeah if we got Gordon last year there is a great chance we win the bowl.
For us to go into the first rnd bye in 2011 with a young crabs , swain and hastings was just irresponsible. I think were stocked at wr now.but if we traded for him now he could sit out the season and be ready to go when crabbs departs.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

that is all fine and dandy. but if the all 50 states legalize marijuana but the NFL says no, it is their right to tell their employees no. if you want to smoke weed then you do not play in the NFL, if you want to play in the NFL you follow their rules or face their punishment.

Yup, I get that. I'm not arguing the right for the employer to say no. Nobody likes drunk/high workers. I just don't understand why in this day and age marijuana isn't treated like alcohol. You're free to get smashed on your own time, just don't show up to work intoxicated. The fact we criminalize it and employers randomly test people for weed is ridiculous.

Getting arrested for DUI is countless times worse, and the NFL doesn't seem to care much about it. It's a small fine for the first offense, maybe a one game suspension if you do it twice. But if you test positive for weed it's a 4-game suspension, season long for repeat offense. Absolute insanity.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Balke needs to get on the phone and get this guy for a 6th:)
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nuns:

That really would be sweet.

I don't think it Browns would ever do it for less than a 2nd at this point but you never know.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Nuns:

That really would be sweet.

I don't think it Browns would ever do it for less than a 2nd at this point but you never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns release him. I think we have enough head cases on the team already lol, but if we go that route I'd rather draft Dorial Green-Beckham next year, at least he hasn't been suspended by the NFL...........yet
A 4th, 5th or 6th makes sense to me, but I still remember that a lot of fans on this site wanted the Niners to give up a 1st for him last year.
at this point with his value so damn low the browns are just going to hold on to him and hopes he makes a comeback
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do not want him anywhere near aldon
It's not like this guy is a felon; He's a STONER; that's about it....
Yes he is an idiot for getting caught so many times and should put football over weed for now, but he isn't a huge criminal or anything;
I mean it's not like players don't take ampetamines just to learn/stay focused on playbooks. The dude smokes and isn't being to bright about it; But he is absolutely no criminal, and I don't understand why he is being crucified on here.

All he did was produce on Sundays;
Share 49ersWebzone