LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
For every guy that makes it there are many that waste their talent. I think back to 1971 and the Warriors drafted Cyril Baptiste #1 in the Hardship Draft. He was one of the best players from Miami, Florida. Only problem he came to camp with a $200 a day heroin habit. Never played in the NBA and passed on at 56. Let's hope Gordon turns it around and leads a useful life.
So much talent. See ya next year Gordon.. maybe.

inb4hebecomesthenextplaxicoburress
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jul 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
WE COULD HAVE HAD HIM FOR ONLY A FIRST ROUND PICK.

WHY BAALKE!?!

Lol.. I'm one of the dips**ts who called for that. I figured "no way he's dumb enough to F up again, this is a steal"
Wow this is pretty bad. The biggest part of it in my opinion is how much this kid needs help. So much wasted potential and talent.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by baltien:
WE COULD HAVE HAD HIM FOR ONLY A FIRST ROUND PICK.

WHY BAALKE!?!

Lol.. I'm one of the dips**ts who called for that. I figured "no way he's dumb enough to F up again, this is a steal"

Yup same here. I'll eat crow. It's hard to predict that someone can be THAT dumb. Thought there was very little chance he could throw away his career after already being given a couple chances, and so I was down to risk a late 1st round pick for a top 5 WR. Aye he still would have been more valuable than AJ Jenkins doe lol
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Jul 6, 2014 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
LOL at the people who didn't want us to trade for him. He damn well would have been worth a 1st rounder even with him being one mistake away from a year long suspension.

would he be worth a 1st rounder now?

So glad Baalke is in charge of the team

Saved a first rounder. Got Stevie Johnson instead. Doesn't have to deal with offseason problems

LOL again I eat crow. I really didn't think anyone could be that dumb. Was willing to risk a late 1st rounder for a top 5 wr.
Perfect, we can now get him for a compensatory pick.

Make it Happen Baalke!
Originally posted by Zachary:
i blame the city of cleveland for being dull

Living in the Factory of Sadness probably could lead one to drinking, that I agree with.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yeah, I'll eat some crow, I thought a late 2nd round pick was worth the risk for a tremendous WR talent but I underestimated just how badly Gordon would struggle to get out of his own way.
I could see Baalke sending some picks for Gordon in what would basically be a red shirt season. It's worth a try as the kid is only 23 and has a lot of years ahead of him, if he decides to GAF about his career.

• Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by JD81:
@JasonLaCanfora
Browns former regime (Lombardi/Banner) fearing Josh Gordon's deep off-field issues, were shopping him. 49ers came closest to meeting price

Also, Gordon's blood-alcohol level was .09 (legal level .08)....

Sounds like someone being targeted to me.

Police usually pull just about everyone over after midnight. .09 isn't bad though. With his muscle mass I'm sure he felt sober.

If he had a DUI already, you can't even register a .01

He's on probation for a DUI already? Ouch.
Trade for him NOWWW BAALKE!! We can get him for bag of chips now..lol.. LMAO at all of the fans in here that wanted this dude. I was one of the few that didn't want him here because of his off field issues from college and glad to say that I told you so! Lol..typical zoners.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
All hail Stevie Johnson!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he wants Browns to cut him loose
Originally posted by LVJay:
he wants Browns to cut him loose

Can I be the first? Sign heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Share 49ersWebzone