LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Gary Kubiak fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Unfortunately, I don't see JH ever firing Roman.

So we have to hope & pray he gets offered a job somewhere - college or NFL.

My problem w/Kubiak is the "Norv" problem.

He'll be offered another HC job and then be off in 1-2 seasons.

He would be perfect in college. A down college program would be wise to reach out to him.

he would be ok at tinker toy tech
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With David Shaw in the mix, Greg Roman could and should be a candidate for the Stanford job.

As long as Roman goes somewhere I would be very happy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Houston supposedly interested in Ken Whisenhunt. Meh......I think that would be a bad choice. The guy took a team largely built by Denny Green to the Superbowl, beyond that, he was highly inflexible, played to his system rather than the player's strengths, very stubborn to a fault, another guy I don't think should be a head coach again. Think Houston would be better off giving a guy like Mike Zimmer a chance as a head coach rather than bringing in another retread.
I do see David Shaw getting an NFL job, maybe with Tampa Bay, if that's the case, then Roman would be an ideal choice to go be the head coach at Stanford and I would fully welcome it, he can take his college offense back to college.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I do see David Shaw getting an NFL job, maybe with Tampa Bay, if that's the case, then Roman would be an ideal choice to go be the head coach at Stanford and I would fully welcome it, he can take his college offense back to college.

David Shaw getting an NFL job is our best chance and the most likely scenario that would get Greg Roman out of San Francisco. I really believe we should have at worst a top 10 offense with all the guys on this team. Even taking into account the injuries, Roman still had Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin and did very little in the passing game. I don't think it's really going to get any better. Time to move on. If Harbaugh won't let Roman go, then hopefully a head coaching gig pulls him away/
Houston supposedly interested in Ken Whisenhunt. Meh......I think that would be a bad choice. The guy took a team largely built by Denny Green to the Superbowl, beyond that, he was highly inflexible, played to his system rather than the player's strengths, very stubborn to a fault, another guy I don't think should be a head coach again. Think Houston would be better off giving a guy like Mike Zimmer a chance as a head coach rather than bringing in another retread.
this.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

David Shaw getting an NFL job is our best chance and the most likely scenario that would get Greg Roman out of San Francisco. I really believe we should have at worst a top 10 offense with all the guys on this team. Even taking into account the injuries, Roman still had Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin and did very little in the passing game. I don't think it's really going to get any better. Time to move on. If Harbaugh won't let Roman go, then hopefully a head coaching gig pulls him away/
this is not the roman-thread.
Mike Zimmer is due. I could see Bevell going there. Good fit for his offense.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This couldnt wait until the end of the Season? He just had a stroke..

Should have been placed on IR.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Should have been placed on IR.

It's a classy organization all around.
The Shanaha coaching tree has had a really bad season. Even Troy Calhoun is having his worst season with Air Force.
Texas Longhorns should reach out to Kubiak.
hopefully they take roman and leave shaw at stanford, hes doing a hell of a job. roman can f**k off to texas
Originally posted by communist:
this is not the roman-thread.

No1curr
Share 49ersWebzone