LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Gary Kubiak fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Damn, that was quick.

what do you expect after losing to the jags?
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Damn, that was quick.

Not only that, swept by the Jags which I'm sure was the last straw. David Shaw was already mentioned as a potential replacement and Lovie Smith also. Will GRo surface as a candidate? Houston has good RBs and if their position holds they most likely draft Bridgewater which could be very intriguing to Roman.
If Roman gets a head coaching gig somewhere, Kubiak would be an excellent OC. Less stress job, too.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
He's a good coach. Feel bad for him.
Not a good HC at all. Had several chances to build something in Houston.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Roman gets a head coaching gig somewhere, Kubiak would be an excellent OC. Less stress job, too.

i would consider it.
The Kubiak firing is an illustration how a team can fall apart in the blink of an eye. They lost 8 games by less than 7 points.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i would consider it.

Same here. I hope the Niners FO does. He was a great OC in Denver. In his ten years there, there were only two seasons where their offense was lower than top ten in yards and scoring. In 1999 with Brian Griese at QB they were 14th in yards and 18th in scoring. In 2001 also with Brian Griese at QB they were 22nd in yards and 10th in scoring.

In 19 years, his scoring offense has been top ten in all but 5 years. With this offensive personnel, He could do some pretty great things IMO.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Please hire Roman.

This....although I can see them hiring Mike Zimmer or Lovie Smith.

This is what I'm hoping. Anyone think Harbaugh would hire Kubiak?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Damn, that was quick.

Not only that, swept by the Jags which I'm sure was the last straw. David Shaw was already mentioned as a potential replacement and Lovie Smith also. Will GRo surface as a candidate? Houston has good RBs and if their position holds they most likely draft Bridgewater which could be very intriguing to Roman.

I totally forgot about David Shaw. If they hire Shaw, Greg Roman would probably be the top candidate for the Stanford job.
I thought Kubiak did a great job in 2011 when they were losing qb left and right to injuries yet still made the playoffs. So what the hell happened to this year when they 'lost' Shaub. He went a bit retard on his play before his injury anyway...

Seems weird. I think the turn around of the Chiefs got Houston's front office thinking they can do the same next year without Kubiak.

With G-Ro being gone after this year. Kubiak who is a good coordinator will be looking for work. Welcome to the Bay....its warm here.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i would consider it.

Same here. I hope the Niners FO does. He was a great OC in Denver. In his ten years there, there were only two seasons where their offense was lower than top ten in yards and scoring. In 1999 with Brian Griese at QB they were 14th in yards and 18th in scoring. In 2001 also with Brian Griese at QB they were 22nd in yards and 10th in scoring.

In 19 years, his scoring offense has been top ten in all but 5 years. With this offensive personnel, He could do some pretty great things IMO.

I think he'd be awesome as an OC. I'd be cool with him or Shanny (who will likely be fired as well).
TAKE ROMAN!!!!!!

HIRE KUBIAK AS OC!!!!!!
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
TAKE ROMAN!!!!!!

HIRE KUBIAK AS OC!!!!!!

I may be in the minority here, but I would be against hiring Kubiak as OC. He runs the zone block scheme and we have grinder OL who don't fit the scheme.

As for Roman, I think he'd do a great job there, and probably would take Donatell with him for DC (which he deserves) to fix that secondary. We have Mangini to fill that role as CB coach (remember Ty Law, Asante Samuel, and Rodney Harrison? Yeah, Mangini will be great with our developing young secondary).
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk7m
ESPN report names ESPN's Jon Gruden as a possible Texans coach http://wp.me/p14QSB-9lYI ;
Share 49ersWebzone