There are 210 users in the forums

Who are your favorite and least favorite gameday commentators?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Dislike: Daryl Johnston. Anybody remember when Patrick Willis picked off a pass in Seattle, ran it back 80 YARDS for a td, and right before he scored, Daryl Johnston yelled out "Get Him Leonard!!!!". One of the Seahawks players was right behind Willis, and Daryl Johnston was rooting for a Seahawks player to tackle him. WTF was that!?
Then instead of talking about how amazing of a play it was for a middle linebacker to weave in and out of players, and take an interception 80 yards to the house, he discussed how Leonard gave a good effort in trying to chase down Willis.

I know he is a classic commentator, but I always thought Pat Sumeral was really boring. I remember Jerry Rice took an Elvis Grbac slant route 81 yards against Dallas, and Sumeral has absolutely no emotion when describing the call. Watch for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izT3sGTaDS8

Like: John Gruden. I love it when he breaks down plays, and he gets his coach speak going. I like to see him get fired up when breaking down plays!
Al Michaels
Chris Collinsworth
Troy Aikman (Surprisingly, he is a pretty good announcer)

probably has to do with leonard weaver being a fb and moose also obviously being one. it would be like dan dierdorf being all tickled pink about a lineman chasing down a db or something.
Oh, I love John Gruden too, he's great.
Collinsworth sounds exactly like an announcer on a video game. Oh, wait a min...
Originally posted by Montana:
Oh, I love John Gruden too, he's great.

me too ..he makes watching the game fun with his enthusiasm, and his intensity when he breaks down plays during instant replays plus his knowledge of the game and sense of humor is refreshing, very cool announcer ..Jon is THE MAN
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
pre game in studio,,, brent musburger, irv cross, phyllis george, jimmy the greek snyder
play by play on tv,,,, pat summerall tom brookshier
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
just the way summerall would say TOUCHDOWN 49ERS

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

so awesome,,, after that did we not force two turnovers and scored getting up 21-0 in the blink of an eye? I remember bradshaw burying the niners on the pre game that year saying there is no way the niners without young can win in dallas. I remember madden yelling " its just like last year"... referring to when we got up 21-0 on the cowboys in a playoff game.. i think i have the time frame right no that
First highlight (vs Chiefs) = Dick Enberg & Bill Walsh on NBC (1991)...

BW ftw
MY alltime favorite was Madden and Summerall. . Although I didn't care for all the Favre love from MAdden I also used to like the three man booth on MNF with Michaels, Gifford and Dierdorf. Currently I think Al Michaels is my favorite. I don't care for Collinsowrth too much though. I like Nessler and Mayock too. Albert. Moose and Goose are good. I don't like Simms, I think he whines sometimes and Joe buck needs to just do baseball.

Originally posted by cciowa:
so awesome,,, after that did we not force two turnovers and scored getting up 21-0 in the blink of an eye? I remember bradshaw burying the niners on the pre game that year saying there is no way the niners without young can win in dallas. I remember madden yelling " its just like last year"... referring to when we got up 21-0 on the cowboys in a playoff game.. i think i have the time frame right no that

This:

Like;
Al Michaels
Tim Ryan
Chris Collinsworth
I must be the only guy in the world who liked Dennis Miller on MNF.

I'm don't love anyone. Just dislike greatly:
  • Dierdorf
  • Simms
Originally posted by E-49er:
MY alltime favorite was Madden and Summerall. . Although I didn't care for all the Favre love from MAdden I also used to like the three man booth on MNF with Michaels, Gifford and Dierdorf. Currently I think Al Michaels is my favorite. I don't care for Collinsowrth too much though. I like Nessler and Mayock too. Albert. Moose and Goose are good. I don't like Simms, I think he whines sometimes and Joe buck needs to just do baseball.

mayock acts like he knows everything and always sounds like he has food in his mouth
Collingsworth, because he hates the Niners so much it's coming out of his eyeballs.

YOU LOST DUDE. GET. OVER. IT.
Share 49ersWebzone