There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are your favorite and least favorite gameday commentators?

Originally posted by mod:
SNF is garbage, Al Michaels is the only person I have any respect for.

Collinsworth Garbage
Bob Costas Garbage
Dan Patrick Meh
Tony Dungy Garbage
Rodney Harrison Garbage

YANL
Best were Madden & Summerall then Michaels & Madden

All others since pale in comparison
Like: Al Michaels

Dislike: Joe Buck
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

This
i really have a dislike for terry bradshaw....
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I hate all of them when Niners are losing.

lol. This x 1000
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

This

...and from back in the day Simmons, Wayne Walker & Starkey for the Niners radio braodcast, but thats just being homer. Robinson is geting better. Plummer was great too, told it like it is and for that he (was forced to) quit when the Niners underachieved in 2010...Eric Davis is improving as well

Bill Walsh did some games in the early 90's for NBC (when they had the AFC games) in between retiring from the Niners and going back to Stanford...from some rare clips on youTube he was a pretty good color commentator..obviously knew his X's and O's especially for WCO teams (of course)
Originally posted by Raul98:
For me my favorite was always Pat Summerall and Jon Madden since then ive lost all passion for announcers but if i had to pick one it's Al Michael hes always had a unique style ive always liked. I also enjoy Gus Johnson in a comical way. My least favorite is Buck and Aikman all they ever call is Cowboy games no matter who there playing and Buck is arrogant.
Agree
.....Pat and John were the best. I actually don't mind Chris Collinsworth though.....not sure why many here don't like him. Not announcers, but the guys I can't stand on the NFL Network are Irving and Sapp.....seriously, how do those guys keep their jobs????
I like the crew for TNF a lot: Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock.

least favorites
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM ]
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by mod:
SNF is garbage, Al Michaels is the only person I have any respect for.

Collinsworth Garbage
Bob Costas Garbage
Dan Patrick Meh
Tony Dungy Garbage
Rodney Harrison Garbage

This. Who thought it would be a good idea to put Rodney Harrison (hated or unknown by everyone outside of Boston) and Tony Dungy (the morality police) together on the same set?!?

I really don't get the Harrison-hire at all. They should let him go & put Hines Ward in his place. Costas doesn't need a co-host for the 30 seconds a week he's on the air on SNF.
I miss Matt Millen.
I can't stand Joe Buck and Troy Acheman. Strongly dislike Buck in any sport. Don't like Collinsworthless either.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I like Brad Nessler and Mayock on Thursday Nights....
I'm not a fan of Joe Buck but Troy Aikman isn't too bad...
Can't stand Kevin Burkhardt.... John Lynch sucks too....
Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston are decent but I can't stand Siragusa....
Tim Ryan is actually REALLY good as a color guy....very informative
Gruden is horrible
Not a fan of Greg Gumble....Deirdorf was good 20 years ago on Monday Night with Michaels/Gifford

Besides Madden/Summerall of the late 80s/early 90s (Summerall lost his touch around 96) My favorite all-time crew was the 3-man lineup of Mike Patrick, Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire on Sunday Night Football.
[ Edited by SaksV on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM ]