There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are your favorite and least favorite gameday commentators?

Cris Collinsworth is great, you guys are crazy. He and Michaels are the current gold standard. SNF in general, its games, production values, everything.

Can't stand Aikman, and Jon Gruden is knowledgable but very annoying. Every week, he sees 2 of the hardest working QBs in the league.
I hate Mike Mayock. He's a huge bragger. Claims he watches film on every single play of every single player. He knows a lot about guys, but he also pretends to know a lot more than he really does. He talks out of his ass a lot of times just like Greg Cosell.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sspiker:
Cris Collinsworth is great, you guys are crazy. He and Michaels are the current gold standard. SNF in general, its games, production values, everything.

Can't stand Aikman, and Jon Gruden is knowledgable but very annoying. Every week, he sees 2 of the hardest working QBs in the league.

Collinsworth is the most bitter and biased color guy on TV
Buck. /thread
We should classify play-by-play vs. color commentators:

Play-by-Play
Al Michaels: The best and has been for sometime
Mike Tirico: Really smooth, rarely over the top
Jim Nantz: Just screams AFC to me. It feels like he and Sims are always doing Patriots or Broncos games. Doesn't move the needle for me personally.
Dick Stockton: Old
Joe Buck: Tend to agree with you all, rather smug and injects way too much opinion for a play-by-play guy
Kevin Burkhardt: I like him and he seems to be on the rise. Does a nice job with John Lynch

Color:
Jon Gruden: I know he gets a lot of grief, but he talks x's and o's better than anyone and he seems to reminisce about his SF assistant days when he does our games
Collinsworth: I go back and forth. He's smooth and always see's key parts of plays, but can be arrogant
Daryl Johnston: I like him. Never get's over excited and provides nice analysis
Phil Simms: Doesn't do it for me: Talks a little slow and nearly all of his commentary ties back to the QB
Troy Aikman: I think he's solid. Always seems to focus on the negative of plays. Is actually somewhat critical of Dallas more often than not, which I love
Mike Mayock: Really like him and he obviously watches a ton of film. Neat to get the draft point of view
John Lynch: I'm really warming up to him. Very smooth, good insight.
Collingsworth is a 49er hater. He slants his game calling against the 49ers. He is worthless!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Collingsworth is a 49er hater. He slants his game calling against the 49ers. He is worthless!

i found him a lot worse in the 90's towards us. he isnt awesome to us know but at least he pokes fun at losing to us twice in the sb. hes gotten better but still isnt great.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Hate them ALL!!! lol
j/k - don't really care for Joe Buk & Troy Aikman - 49er haters!
i like Al Michaels and Chrissy Collinsworth
favorite- Gus Johnson (he could make paint dying exciting)
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Bar None Joe Buck..........then its Collinsworth and Billick. Billick when doing 49er games sounds like he's still butt hurt that the 49ers picked Harbaugh instead of him.
Kevin Harlan is the most underrated play by play man in the business IMO. I'd take him over anyone except maybe Al Michaels.

f**k Troy Aikman, f**k Chris Collinsworth, Joe Buck is awful
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM ]
Al Michaels is a class act and have really grown to dislike Tirico.... he sounds way to giddy and shouts too much for a play by play guy. Basically sounds like a big homer no matter who he's watching.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I hate all of them when Niners are losing.
especially if they are praising the other team
Al Michaels is great... my only beef with him is that he treats all H's as silent.

"Crabtree makes the reception, and picks up the first down! [h]uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge first down for the 49ers!"
[ Edited by theduke85 on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
SNF is garbage, Al Michaels is the only person I have any respect for.

Collinsworth Garbage
Bob Costas Garbage
Dan Patrick Meh
Tony Dungy Garbage
Rodney Harrison Garbage
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home