LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin Has Played His Last Game For The 9ers ?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crabman82:
all i see is you trying to diminish some of their road performances. whether or not sf pasted houston has nothing to do with seattle coming back on them. one could argue since they played houston a week before us, that they totally smashed houston confidence going forward and thus aiding sf the next week. you're playing this style points game where we beat this team by 20+ points, so they should too. thats not how the league works. 2 months ago they were apparently a s**tty road team, now we're attacking the style points in which they win. they dont ask how, they ask how many. they've clearly gotten over the hump they've had playing on the road. having said that, i expect us to win at home. its not always pretty in this league, you're going to struggle sometimes, and what i see of them on the raod is a team that used to find ways to lose, now finding a way to win.

You're still missing the point. Maybe a little context is in order...

The point is not the W or the comeback, it is the way they play when not at home. Win, lose, comeback from a big loss, dominate from the first kickoff, etc it doesn't matter. Its about how the team plays.

We're talking about them being the better team because of their record and I am saying that is simply not true, there is much more to it than record. Seattle has consistently played poorly on the road this season, regardless of how many of those games they won or lost.

And if anyone argued that Houston lost to the 49ers the way they did because of the way the Texans lost to Seattle they don't know anything about professional sports. Yes, it could be argued, but it would be an asinine argument.

Enough with the sports cliches.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
all i see is you trying to diminish some of their road performances. whether or not sf pasted houston has nothing to do with seattle coming back on them. one could argue since they played houston a week before us, that they totally smashed houston confidence going forward and thus aiding sf the next week. you're playing this style points game where we beat this team by 20+ points, so they should too. thats not how the league works. 2 months ago they were apparently a s**tty road team, now we're attacking the style points in which they win. they dont ask how, they ask how many. they've clearly gotten over the hump they've had playing on the road. having said that, i expect us to win at home. its not always pretty in this league, you're going to struggle sometimes, and what i see of them on the raod is a team that used to find ways to lose, now finding a way to win.

You're still missing the point. Maybe a little context is in order...

The point is not the W or the comeback, it is the way they play when not at home. Win, lose, comeback from a big loss, dominate from the first kickoff, etc it doesn't matter. Its about how the team plays.

We're talking about them being the better team because of their record and I am saying that is simply not true, there is much more to it than record. Seattle has consistently played poorly on the road this season, regardless of how many of those games they won or lost.

And if anyone argued that Houston lost to the 49ers the way they did because of the way the Texans lost to Seattle they don't know anything about professional sports. Yes, it could be argued, but it would be an asinine argument.

Enough with the sports cliches.

if you're trying to say seattle plays better at home then on the road, everyone already knows that. they've played better, especially in clutch moments, on the road this season as opposed to last season. its all moot anyways as we'll be seeing them in their place when the real season starts. we can beat them this week and that will be good for the confidence i suppose, but its not going to mean s**t in the grand scheme of things. you're going to face adversity in this league in particular on the road. i dont look at their road game and say wow they still struggle on the road. i look at them and say wow they've gotten over that mental hump where they used to lose those games.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
The KC Chiefs coaching staff thinks that AJ Jenkins is better than Jon Baldwin.

Think about that.
you cant say that neither can they...ajj and baldwin are complete different types of players, i.e. you can not compare them properly.

perhaps they thought that jon won't reach his potential due some mental limits. that could be a reason.

to the children/smart-asses:
STOP crying about GINN. the zone is so f... annoying about this new trend.
ginn was a non-factor here, he didnt use the chances we gave him and almost no one was crying when he left.

who said that kearse is a good WR???
what is so Special about doug or tate? both are good but not that good. decent number of TDs, little bit more than decent number of yards.
tate is in his 4th season, doug in his 3rd...where the heck is this comparable to ajj!??

just one more:
if the coaching staff is convinced that a certain Player wont be a help, you better should cut the ties as soon as possible.
that can happen after a season...
and plz dont pretend as if ajj is playing a big role at KC. he doesnt, by any means.
if you're trying to say seattle plays better at home then on the road, everyone already knows that. they've played better, especially in clutch moments, on the road this season as opposed to last season. its all moot anyways as we'll be seeing them in their place when the real season starts. we can beat them this week and that will be good for the confidence i suppose, but its not going to mean s**t in the grand scheme of things. you're going to face adversity in this league in particular on the road. i dont look at their road game and say wow they still struggle on the road. i look at them and say wow they've gotten over that mental hump where they used to lose those games.

All I am saying is they are not a good road team, AT ALL, which was in response to someone telling me the Seahawks are a better football team than the 9ers because they have a better road record. Their road RECORD does not tell us that they are a better team at all. The way they play on the road, regardless of wins and losses, says so much more. Period.

They don't play good on the road period. You can bring out all the cliche's about confidence or "finding a way to win" but that is all meaningless nonsense for Jim Rome callers. The fact of the matter is they have not played well outside of their home stadium and that has been a consistent theme all season.

If your opinion is that Seattle is a better football team than the 9ers that is fine, it is easy to argue that, but pointing to their road record as the reasoning behind that, while ignoring HOW they played on the road, is just plain stupid.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM ]

All I am saying is they are not a good road team, AT ALL, which was in response to someone telling me the Seahawks are a better football team than the 9ers because they have a better road record. Their road RECORD does not tell us that they are a better team at all. The way they play on the road, regardless of wins and losses, says so much more. Period.

They don't play good on the road period. You can bring out all the cliche's about confidence or "finding a way to win" but that is all meaningless nonsense for Jim Rome callers. The fact of the matter is they have not played well outside of their home stadium and that has been a consistent theme all season.

If your opinion is that Seattle is a better football team than the 9ers that is fine, it is easy to argue that, but pointing to their road record as the reasoning behind that, while ignoring HOW they played on the road, is just plain stupid.

they're scoring 24 points per game on the road, while giving up 17 points per game. we're averaging 26.3 points per game on the road while giving up 16 points per game. they really arent any different than we are on the road this season. i dont see the massive road advantage this season. also, we've both played 6 road games so far, so its an equal sample size.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
They've won more road games (and home games) than we have this year.

Indeed they have. If only simple stats told the whole story. The only way their record is the be all end all of what team is better is if both teams played the same exact teams on neutral fields at full strength and the games were perfectly officiated.

The 49ers have only lost two road games, one in Seattle where visiting teams have a nearly impossible chance of playing offence, and the other to the #2 seed in the NFC in the Saints, a game the 49ers would have won had it not been for a ridiculous flag on Ahmad Brooks.

The Seahawks...
  1. only scored 12 points, all field goals, in their win against the Panthers.
  2. barely beat the Texans, who the 49ers destroyed, on the last play of the game after being down 20-3 at half time.
  3. lost to the Colts in Indy.
  4. scored a total of 14 points in a weak win at St Louis, a team the 49ers destroyed at home and on the road
So even though they won 3 of those 4 games they were lucky to win any of them and looked pretty bad in all four games. Record matters most in the end but it sure as heck doesn't tell the whole story of how a team played. As you can see when looking at four of the Seahawks road games in which they went 3-1 even though they did not look good in any of them.

you gotta look at the big picture. in 2012 the hawks played like s**t on the road and lost some games late, in miami, in detroit and maybe another game or two. this year, while they arent scoring 30 ppg on the road, they've learned to pull those games out. people can call it flukes or miracles but i see a young team that has learned to be mentally tough enough on the road to close the deal, something they could not do the year prior.

ok i understand ur point but ur not understanding mine..some1 compared him to Julio jones and aj green..im saying if he had potential like every1 thinks I don't think kc would have traded him so easily..and I kinda think an nfl franchise knows a lil more then us..sooo
they're scoring 24 points per game on the road, while giving up 17 points per game. we're averaging 26.3 points per game on the road while giving up 16 points per game. they really arent any different than we are on the road this season. i dont see the massive road advantage this season. also, we've both played 6 road games so far, so its an equal sample size.

Have fun with that. You don't even need to watch football, just look at the stats and you can tell everything you need to know.

Have fun with that. You don't even need to watch football, just look at the stats and you can tell everything you need to know.

have fun with what? you said they're not good on the road "AT ALL"........they're giving up 1 more ppg on the road while scoring 2.3 less ppg on the road. if they arent good on the road at all as you claim. i'd hate to see them, when they get it together.
have fun with what? you said they're not good on the road "AT ALL"........they're giving up 1 more ppg on the road while scoring 2.3 less ppg on the road. if they arent good on the road at all as you claim. i'd hate to see them, when they get it together.

This is my last post in response to you, because I have explained what I am saying over and over (and over) again in many ways and you still don't seem to understand what I am saying, so I'll do it one last time. I'll even put it in a really short sentence and in all caps/bold for you...

NUMBERS DON'T TELL EVERYTHING.

This is my last post in response to you, because I have explained what I am saying over and over (and over) again in many ways and you still don't seem to understand what I am saying, so I'll do it one last time. I'll even put it in a really short sentence and in all caps/bold for you...

NUMBERS DON'T TELL EVERYTHING.

thats what people say when the numbers dont support them. you have an agenda to say they arent good on the road AT ALL. they're 5-1 on the road scoring 24 points per game OF COURSE you're going to be THAT guy who says the numbers dont tell everything. you sure were fine with the numbers when you wanted to point out that we scored 35 in stl while they only got 14.

Probably won't be active on gamedays going forward unless injuries force him back in. He gets cut in the off-season.

Indeed they have. If only simple stats told the whole story. The only way their record is the be all end all of what team is better is if both teams played the same exact teams on neutral fields at full strength and the games were perfectly officiated.

The 49ers have only lost two road games, one in Seattle where visiting teams have a nearly impossible chance of playing offence, and the other to the #2 seed in the NFC in the Saints, a game the 49ers would have won had it not been for a ridiculous flag on Ahmad Brooks. In all their other road games they absolutely dominated the opposition.

The Seahawks...
  2. barely beat the Texans, who the 49ers destroyed, on the last play of the game after being down 20-3 at half time.
  4. scored a total of 14 points in a weak win at St Louis, a team the 49ers destroyed at home and on the road
So even though they won 3 of those 4 games they were lucky to win any of them and looked pretty bad in all four games. Record matters most in the end but it sure as heck doesn't tell the whole story of how a team played. As you can see when looking at four of the Seahawks road games in which they went 3-1 even though they did not look good in any of them.

oh and btw, i can tell you didnt watch this, cus they scored on a long td pass and didnt convert the 2 pointer
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM ]
Does this have anything to do with Baldwin?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Does this have anything to do with Baldwin?

it got side tracked but earlier it was.

The 49ers have only lost two road games, one in Seattle where visiting teams have a nearly impossible chance of playing offence, and the other to the #2 seed in the NFC in the Saints, a game the 49ers would have won had it not been for a ridiculous flag on Ahmad Brooks. In all their other road games they absolutely dominated the opposition.

The Seahawks...

oh and btw, i can tell you didnt watch this, cus they scored on a long td pass and didnt convert the 2 pointer

And we on the other hand didn't score a TD against Carolina, at home.
Share 49ersWebzone