There are 214 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin Has Played His Last Game For The 9ers ?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Its sad, this kid has all the measurables you want in a WR, but he just can't translate his talent to the pro level. This guy with his measurables, could be our own AJ Green or Josh Gordon or Julio Jones but it doesnt always work that way. We need a stud WR in the draft.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Is time to shake things up a bit. Seattle has surpassed us already. There will be a lot of work ahead if we were to reverse the situation. Got to draft better players, get a better OC, better WR and QB coach.

Seattle has not surpassed us at all. They are not very good on the road at all, even against bad teams. They have the greatest homefield advantage in sports.

They've won more road games (and home games) than we have this year.

yeah people have got to stop trying to diminish what they've been able to accomplish. its the nfc's version of ravens and steelers. even though the fan bases hate each other, i think its safe to assume they're able to admit that the other team is good too. we need to start seeing that between both niner and hawk fan bases.

Yeah they have clearly surpassed us this season. Fully healthy maybe it would have been different. Playoffs are a whole new season though so we'll see what happens.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Is time to shake things up a bit. Seattle has surpassed us already. There will be a lot of work ahead if we were to reverse the situation. Got to draft better players, get a better OC, better WR and QB coach.

Seattle has not surpassed us at all. They are not very good on the road at all, even against bad teams. They have the greatest homefield advantage in sports.

They've won more road games (and home games) than we have this year.

yeah people have got to stop trying to diminish what they've been able to accomplish. its the nfc's version of ravens and steelers. even though the fan bases hate each other, i think its safe to assume they're able to admit that the other team is good too. we need to start seeing that between both niner and hawk fan bases.

Yeah they have clearly surpassed us this season. Fully healthy maybe it would have been different. Playoffs are a whole new season though so we'll see what happens.

right now they've got a few more wins and some more timely plays at crucial times this season. i wont say they have passed us. this is a league with 1 winner and 31 losers. if they are the 1 winner then yeah i'll say they've passed us. other than that we're still pretty damn even. its just been their year to win the division and honestly level headed football fans should realize for the past decade or so ravens and steelers have been alternating divisional titles, with the odd bengals win thrown in. the likely hood of ripping off 4 or 5 in a row with a solid ass team in your div is unlikely.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Its sad, this kid has all the measurables you want in a WR, but he just can't translate his talent to the pro level. This guy with his measurables, could be our own AJ Green or Josh Gordon or Julio Jones but it doesnt always work that way. We need a stud WR in the draft.

i agree but those 2 players you just mentioned were top picks who were considered to be exactly what they are and if josh Gordon wasn't a screw up in college he would have been a top pick easily..he meaning baldwin was a late round pick with hope basically..plus measurements and 40 times to me are kind of overated i mmean of course a wr with size and speed is great but skill and drive and hunger are what matter in my eyes and separate a Baldwin from a AJ green..if that's the case then those players you mentioned wouldn't be special..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

i agree but those 2 players you just mentioned were top picks who were considered to be exactly what they are and if josh Gordon wasn't a screw up in college he would have been a top pick easily..he meaning baldwin was a late round pick with hope basically..plus measurements and 40 times to me are kind of overated i mmean of course a wr with size and speed is great but skill and drive and hunger are what matter in my eyes and separate a Baldwin from a AJ green..if that's the case then those players you mentioned wouldn't be special..

badlwin was a 1st round draft pick, same draft that green and jones went in the top 6.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
This must be a nightmare destination for any WR looking to prove himself. Clueless coaching staff stuck in the 1950s.

badlwin was a 1st round draft pick, same draft that green and jones went in the top 6.

yes i kno but 20 picks later lol ..that should be enough said..

yes i kno but 20 picks later lol ..that should be enough said..

who was also considered a reach
Originally posted by vaden:
This must be a nightmare destination for any WR looking to prove himself. Clueless coaching staff stuck in the 1950s.
AJ Jenkins, Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, even Ted Ginn failed with this coaching staff. Sophisticate the offense, take advantage of Kaep's strong arm and legs, get new receiver coaches. Draft WRs in first and second rounds.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
AJ Jenkins, Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, even Ted Ginn failed with this coaching staff. Sophisticate the offense, take advantage of Kaep's strong arm and legs, get new receiver coaches. Draft WRs in first and second rounds.

seeee idk how its the coaching staff when every player u just mentioned including a whole lot more all have failed n have failed in every situation ...i said this befor name me 1 player who did well or showed any promise after we cut them or traded them..cmon now its now the real problem is us evaluating and drafting wide recievers...ted ginn didn't show any promise as a wr in Miami or in sf..bc he has 1 season where he learned how to catch doesn't mean we praise him..

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by vaden:

Ginn and Moore failed before they came here.
if your a good wideout who is being held back because of a coaching staff then when u got released n signed with another team then u should be good n prove its there loss not 1 wr we had drafted or traded for has done that..we draft wrs thinking they are good n they turn out to be
Baldwin's having the same problem as Carradine and Dial...the depth is strong above them and it's hard to get on the field. That's especially true for Baldwin now that Manningham and Crabtree are back. Patton's also healthy enough to play again...same deal, though, how does he break through the veterans ahead of him on the depth chart. I hope they hang onto Baldwin, though...Manningham's in the last year of his contract and it's hard to find big WR's who have Baldwin's speed.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Baldwin's having the same problem as Carradine and Dial...the depth is strong above them and it's hard to get on the field. That's especially true for Baldwin now that Manningham and Crabtree are back. Patton's also healthy enough to play again...same deal, though, how does he break through the veterans ahead of him on the depth chart. I hope they hang onto Baldwin, though...Manningham's in the last year of his contract and it's hard to find big WR's who have Baldwin's speed.

see id disagree by saying he had lots of chances in kc..he started 2 yrs and played a lot as a rookie..but he had cassel throwing him the ball compared to kap who will be if he had a chance here..so idk
if your a good wideout who is being held back because of a coaching staff then when u got released n signed with another team then u should be good n prove its there loss not 1 wr we had drafted or traded for has done that..we draft wrs thinking they are good n they turn out to be

This year, Ted Ginn has over 400 receiving yards for KC. That is more than his total with the 49ers for 2 seasons.
Share 49ersWebzone