There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins Play & Coaches Letting Go of Good Talent

Was just watching ESPN and the Chiefs Broncos highlights. Did you see AJ's 26 yard reception? Tough catch too! Anyone prefer to have Jenkins over Baldwin? Maybe the coaches didn't give AJ enough time? I know Baldwin had that tough endzone drop I believe against the Saints. Wasn't Jonathan's issue his hands with the Chiefs?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000291247/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Chiefs-highlights

Water under the bridge, but are we too quick to let go of young talent? I.e., we had at QB Daniels. Gamble with him and he goes to the she-hawks. Get Skelton. Dropped him. Get another no-name and drop him. So we have Kap, McCoy and Boldin as the 3rd stringer (who can sling it at FSU)?

I know there were money issues, but here's some good looking players we let go (feel free to add more I missed)

Ginn Jr (Star @ Carolina)
Jenkins
Walker
Daniels
Goldson (but too much $$$)
Tolzien (I think is better than McCoy)
JT O'Sullivan (LOL..jk here)

Sucked we had issues at WR this year, but we're picking up steam. Just thinking about Jenkins' play...lol...Seller's Remorse
[ Edited by OC49erLuVeR on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM ]
now post AJ's easy drop 2 drives before that. dude is f**king garbage

he has 2 catches this season.... same amount as baldwin
[ Edited by frenchmov on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:

LOL
wow omg he made a catch, give him a cookie cuz he's destined for greatness now
Originally posted by frenchmov:
now post AJ's easy drop 2 drives before that. dude is f**king garbage

he has 2 catches this season.... same amount as baldwin

lol this.

Op gon' Derp

f**k AJ Jenkins too
Well, AJ has been practically a non factor for the Chiefs until that play.

But yes, Ginn has been making nice plays for Carolina and before people can come in here and scoff, he's been much more productive with the Panthers than he's ever been with us. The reason why so many receivers seem to fail here lies heavily on coaching and perhaps their overly conservative offensive philosophies.
  • Liono
Uhh...Ginn is the only legit player on your list. We couldn't afford so much for a backup TE in Walker.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

But yes, Ginn has been making nice plays for Carolina and before people can come in here and scoff, he's been much more productive with the Panthers than he's ever been with us. The reason why so many receivers seem to fail here lies heavily on coaching and perhaps their overly conservative offensive philosophies.

Thanks for the serious response. LOL. With Baldwin's height, he could be a big threat. I hope we do use him more (and he makes more plays) because defenses are going to figure out it's Boldin and Vernon all day and cut that off.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Ginn dropped too many passes for us and the coaches just lost confidence in him.

the panthers are giving him a chance. he makes catches and he misses em

jenkins is a non factor in k.c. and not what we needed.

baldwin hasn't had the opportunity do to roman's horrible personnel decisions up to this point in the season.

now there's no room for him. crab and boldin should be on the field every down. everyone else can sub in and out.

no excuses from the coordinator going forward.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Ginn dropped too many passes for us and the coaches just lost confidence in him.

the panthers are giving him a chance. he makes catches and he misses em

jenkins is a non factor in k.c. and not what we needed.

baldwin hasn't had the opportunity do to roman's horrible personnel decisions up to this point in the season.

now there's no room for him. crab and boldin should be on the field every down. everyone else can sub in and out.

no excuses from the coordinator going forward.

Thanks for the insight. You guys are giving me more closure and peace of mind....lol Go Niners!!! Sunday is ON!!!
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
Was just watching ESPN and the Chiefs Broncos highlights. Did you see AJ's 26 yard reception? Tough catch too! Anyone prefer to have Jenkins over Baldwin? Maybe the coaches didn't give AJ enough time? I know Baldwin had that tough endzone drop I believe against the Saints. Wasn't Jonathan's issue his hands with the Chiefs?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000291247/GameDay-Broncos-vs-Chiefs-highlights

Water under the bridge, but are we too quick to let go of young talent? I.e., we had at QB Daniels. Gamble with him and he goes to the she-hawks. Get Skelton. Dropped him. Get another no-name and drop him. So we have Kap, McCoy and Boldin as the 3rd stringer (who can sling it at FSU)?

I know there were money issues, but here's some good looking players we let go (feel free to add more I missed)

Ginn Jr (Star @ Carolina)
Jenkins
Walker
Daniels
Goldson (but too much $$$)
Tolzien (I think is better than McCoy)
JT O'Sullivan (LOL..jk here)

Sucked we had issues at WR this year, but we're picking up steam. Just thinking about Jenkins' play...lol...Seller's Remorse
I get the point you're trying to make, but the examples you used are weak.

Ginn is a "star"?
Walker (too much $)
Goldson (too much $) < Reid
Tolzien (who cares)
BJ Daniels (was let go by SEA)
Skelton: why would you choose to mention him to present your case?
AJ Jenkins: he makes one good catch and it spurred you on to create this thread.

You list these examples then immediately counter your own argument by saying "I know there were money issues".

Let's look at some UDFA "bums" that the 49ers did not let go:
Alex Boone
Ian Williams
Tony Jerrod Eddie
Originally posted by thl408:
I get the point you're trying to make, but the examples you used are weak.

Ginn is a "star"?
Walker (too much $)
Goldson (too much $) < Reid
Tolzien (who cares)
BJ Daniels (was let go by SEA)
Skelton: why would you choose to mention him to present your case?
AJ Jenkins: he makes one good catch and it spurred you on to create this thread.

You list these examples then immediately counter your own argument by saying "I know there were money issues".

Let's look at some UDFA "bums" that the 49ers did not let go:
Alex Boone
Ian Williams
Tony Jerrod Eddie

Exactly. You beat me to it. Some more UDFA "bums" we found:

Tramaine Brock
Michael Wilhoite
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ginn a star really 469 rec yardz make him a star ???