There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why would the NFL not Flex the Lambs @ 49ers instead of 4-7 Giants @ 3-8 Redskins??????

in their eyes, WAS vs NYG is more of a fierce rivalry than STL vs SF. I have to admit that if i was a casual fan, i would rather see was vs nyg
under .500 teams should never be on snf this late in the year, unless a under .500 division champ is about to be crowned like in 2010. neither nyg/wsh or sf/stl game should be flexed in, it should be philly/arizona.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
NFCE. Those teams represent 2 of the larger media markets and fan bases in this country. New York and DC in the same division equals major ratings

yep,pretty much
Originally posted by crabman82:
under .500 teams should never be on snf this late in the year, unless a under .500 division champ is about to be crowned like in 2010. neither nyg/wsh or sf/stl game should be flexed in, it should be philly/arizona.

I do want to see that game actually
Originally posted by crabman82:
under .500 teams should never be on snf this late in the year, unless a under .500 division champ is about to be crowned like in 2010. neither nyg/wsh or sf/stl game should be flexed in, it should be philly/arizona.

but philly and arz will NEVER draw the ratings like nyg and was. Phili is arguably the LEAST popular team in the NFC and ARZ are the top three least popular team in the NFL.

But i agree with you that phi vs arz would be a more competitive football game and I would love to see it, but the avg incompetent football viewer wouldn't.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Because some games are "protected" by their respected networks. Im guessing Fox wanted to keep 9ers game since there are so few choices in the 4:00pm et slot

this

This game wasn't protected by FOX. Next week's game vs seattle is, though.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
under .500 teams should never be on snf this late in the year, unless a under .500 division champ is about to be crowned like in 2010. neither nyg/wsh or sf/stl game should be flexed in, it should be philly/arizona.

but philly and arz will NEVER draw the ratings like nyg and was. Phili is arguably the LEAST popular team in the NFC and ARZ are the top three least popular team in the NFL.

But i agree with you that phi vs arz would be a more competitive football game and I would love to see it, but the avg incompetent football viewer wouldn't.

i totally understand why they put that game on, or didnt take it off i should say. i just dont think the 49ers/rams should be the next option. maybe its just out of market niner fans without the sunday ticket who are beating the drum? i dunno
As s**tty as these two teams are it comes down to ratings. Giants and Washington will draw more.viewers
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
As s**tty as these two teams are it comes down to ratings. Giants and Washington will draw more.viewers

Chasing the almighty dollar is responsible for many bad decisions.
Everybody loves a train wreck, and this game gave us 3; the Redskins, the Giants and the officials!
Does it really matter? I dont care when the 49ers are playing personally. Don't forget Broncos/Chiefs also didn't get flexed...Im sure a TON more people would have preferred that over the Rams/49ers.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Does it really matter? I dont care when the 49ers are playing personally. Don't forget Broncos/Chiefs also didn't get flexed...Im sure a TON more people would have preferred that over the Rams/49ers.

This... I said this all day yesterday.
just get the sunday ticket. i dont see what the problem is