There are 184 users in the forums

Did Mike Tomlin intentionally force Jacoby Jones to change direction on kick return?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

just saw this on ESPN. definitely had to move to avoid him. Tomlin should expect a fine above $100K and I'd even go so far as to say a 1 game suspension.

What the f**k is he doing on the white line with his back turned toward the play. He looked lost
i think he should be fined, but i also see it as a honest mistake. if you dont believe it was a mistake, i understand why'd you believe that, i just dont view tomlin as that type of scum bag.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yup, but he hasn't said anything bad about referees/bad calls recently so, roger Badhell is okay with it
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

What the f**k is he doing on the white line with his back turned toward the play. He looked lost

Just look at EVERYONE ELSE and it kind of shows it was intentional.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think he should be fined, but i also see it as a honest mistake. if you dont believe it was a mistake, i understand why'd you believe that, i just dont view tomlin as that type of scum bag.

he's not a scumbag -- you don't have to be be an a**hole to want to do anything for your team to beat its only true rival and get into the playoffs if not just have a good upper hand in the race.

The Steelers are the only other team in the NFL I routinely watch and as I said before he really does watch the jumbotron on kick returns because it lets him see if players stay in their blocking lanes, look for holds, etc. Tomlin is a legit class act type of coach but you're kidding yourself if you think a coach won't do anything to help his team win.

But anybody who 100% doesn't question if it was an accident or not is being naive. You even see him turn his head and look just as Jones is getting to him and if he really wanted to get out of the way a person's reaction is not to step in front of an onrushing person then jump away. It would be to just jump the f**k out of the way.

That back of the endzone camera is absolutely damning evidence, he's getting fined and maybe even suspended for a game. This is the 3rd time this season that a coach has impeded the ref on the sideline and first that a coach set foot on the field during a potential scoring play.
Me personally, I think Tomlin should be suspended for at least a game if they want to send a message, a fine is not enough.
He clearly interfered and it was obviosly intentional.

This is their head coach. What a disgrace.
it was intentional, I mean look at Tomlin's eyes as jacoby was coming closer. He was looking back and waiting for the right time to jump out of the way to avoid a obvious interference. Then he had that stupid smirk on his face after.

I do also believe jacoby could of had a return because you can see if jacoby had stuck to the sideline he could of got away but because he had to run into the field more he changed his speed and cortez caught him

I didn't really care who would win but after that I was definitely going for the ravens. The nfl is becoming sickening these days. If Tomlin doesn't get fined I have lost all hope for the league
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Nov 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
  • Jiks
Pretty smart IMO. Just think if that would have saved them the game and in doing so saved their chances at playoffs. A little slack from the NFL or a fine for keeping your team in the playoff race is well worth it. Unfortunately for him, his team sucks even when cheating.

100% was on purpose. When Belichuk is backing you (Mr. Spygate himself) then you know your guilty. Tomlin is a desperate coach trying to change the outcome of a game. He should be fined and maybe even banned from coaching next weeks game.
id be shocked if hes not fined atleast. why was he standing right on the line anyway?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. All that matters are the facts.

Was he in the field of play? Yes.
Did he interfere with the play? Yes.

That's a least a big fine and maybe a suspension.
What a disgraceful act!!! Worse than the Jets strength and conditioning coach that tripped a gunner on punt coverage. Ban Tomlin for the rest of the season
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
What a disgraceful act!!! Worse than the Jets strength and conditioning coach that tripped a gunner on punt coverage. Ban Tomlin for the rest of the season

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone