There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 13 NFL Gameday Thread

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,218
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
And he was so good in Minnesota that he was let go after the 2010 season.

The point is that he was holding a job calling an NFL offense, which he did for 4 years with Minnesota while Roman was running the wishbone in Hoboken.


He was also good enough for Carroll to bring him in and make him his OC without the two having ever worked together before.

No the point is he was BAD In Minnesota and was fired from his job.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,734
CAWK suckers (with weak punt) trying to give Aints a chance for a FG
VD was #6 on Deion Sanders Primetime top 10. Mostly on the hurdle touchdown.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Chip Kelly had something to say about that the other day, when asked about Bill Davis (his current DC, former Cards DC) :

"I think people get so caught up in statistics that sometimes it's baffling to me. You may look at a guy and say, 'Well, they were in the bottom of the league defensively.' Well, they had 13 starters out. They should be at the bottom of the league defensively. Is that Billy's fault? I don't know what it was, but I don't look at it that way. I hired [former Oregon offensive coordinator and current Oregon head coach] Mark Helfrich as our offensive coordinator when I was at the University of Oregon. Their numbers were not great at Colorado. But you sit down and talk football with Helf for about 10 minutes. He's a pretty sharp guy and really brought a lot to the table, and he's done an outstanding job. He's now the head coach at Oregon. Whoever coached Adrian Peterson, is that the best running back coach in the country? I don't know. I've got to meet him. He could actually be. But let's find out what he teaches. Some of it, you're teaching to what you have available to you and sometimes that's something that I consider. So I don't look at the statistics part of it and say, 'Hey, we need to get that coach.' Sometimes, honestly, if you look at statistics, you need to get that player."

LOVE that quote by Chip Kelly.
Are you guy done guzzling RW's cum, just cuz he played great againts a defense that plays terrible on the road let alone at friggin C-Llink!?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
And he was so good in Minnesota that he was let go after the 2010 season.

The point is that he was holding a job calling an NFL offense, which he did for 4 years with Minnesota while Roman was running the wishbone in Hoboken.


He was also good enough for Carroll to bring him in and make him his OC without the two having ever worked together before.

No the point is he was BAD In Minnesota and was fired from his job.
Roman sucks. End of conversation.
Originally posted by Jcool:
No the point is he was BAD In Minnesota and was fired from his job.

He was bad in Minnesota?


2006-29th Offense
2007-15th Ranked Offense
2008-12th Ranked Offense
2009-2nd Ranked Offense
2010-29th Ranked Offense-In an injury plagued season.



Look like he made some good progress from 2006 to 2009, he's certainly made progress in Seattle from 2011 to 2013.
f**king hate the piece of s**t seahawks. its so f**king obvious they are all juiced. even willow
Originally posted by ninerjok:
VD was #6 on Deion Sanders Primetime top 10. Mostly on the hurdle touchdown.

Noice. He jumped for no reason at all on that TD, but noice nonetheless.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Is Pete Carroll This good to out coach Sean Payton?


Coaching is part of it, but I would say Carroll knows how to build a team better in terms of getting the right pieces together. One perfect example is Russell Wilson. Nobody wanted to pick him cos he was seen to be too small and yet Carroll had his eyes set on him. Then, he pioneered the concept of having big, tall dudes to build his secondary. His RBs are all backs who run with power from Lynch to Turnin and Michael. Also, he appreciates the importance of pass rush, I don't think there is another team in the league that is as deep in pass rushers. Our D-line play the entire game when he rotates his guys throughout the game. Basically, what has gone on his players have only started to mature last season and is now peaking. With such a line-up of personnel, is just almost impossible to beat. After that you can talk about the coaching and schematics.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Chip Kelly had something to say about that the other day, when asked about Bill Davis (his current DC, former Cards DC) :

"I think people get so caught up in statistics that sometimes it's baffling to me. You may look at a guy and say, 'Well, they were in the bottom of the league defensively.' Well, they had 13 starters out. They should be at the bottom of the league defensively. Is that Billy's fault? I don't know what it was, but I don't look at it that way. I hired [former Oregon offensive coordinator and current Oregon head coach] Mark Helfrich as our offensive coordinator when I was at the University of Oregon. Their numbers were not great at Colorado. But you sit down and talk football with Helf for about 10 minutes. He's a pretty sharp guy and really brought a lot to the table, and he's done an outstanding job. He's now the head coach at Oregon. Whoever coached Adrian Peterson, is that the best running back coach in the country? I don't know. I've got to meet him. He could actually be. But let's find out what he teaches. Some of it, you're teaching to what you have available to you and sometimes that's something that I consider. So I don't look at the statistics part of it and say, 'Hey, we need to get that coach.' Sometimes, honestly, if you look at statistics, you need to get that player."

LOVE that quote by Chip Kelly.

So do I, he's absolutely correct. Chip has always had some great quotes. Look at Weiss for example. Very solid OC but having Brady helped him out immensely, McDaniels too for that matter. Both were able to parlay that perceived success into big money HC jobs. Now I have no doubt they're very good OCs but like Chip said, sometimes you need to get the player.
If Brees keeps this up he can throw for 200 yards!
Niners need to tear these punk ass b***hes a new a**hole.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If Brees keeps this up he can throw for 200 yards!

Thats Kap in a good day.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Seattle beat Carolina, who beat the 49ers.

Seattle thrashed the Saints, who again beat the 49ers.

Seattle thrashed the 49ers.

I am a 49ers fan, but also realistic at the same time. I just hope we can make it a decent game next Sunday. This is not a question of who fears whom, rather how good the players are on each team (juice or no juice).
From what I can tell so far, Wilson is way better than Kaep.


Yep, you pretty much nailed it.