LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Week 13 NFL Gameday Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I missed the first half but did the Saints run any no huddle? I would maybe go to that early in the game to try and negate the crowd. If you can go up 10-14 on them early (not easy, I know) their crowd quiets down in a hurry.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
After Brady and Manning I think it's safe to say I can't name one quarterback that is playing better than Russell Wilson is. Nobody including Drew Brees. The Niners future will be one of two options. Get better by playing these guys twice a year or get used to playing in Seattle every post season. Russell Wilson is better now than Kaepernick will be in a few years, if ever. His improvisational skills and deep ball are dwarfed by his intelligence. Kid is legit.

Come on. Seattle is averaging 195 pass yards a game. He isn't lighting it up like this every game.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by niners94:
kearse, baldwin, lockette, tate, zack miller

its like it doesnt even matter who they put out there

for us, we need our star players to be 100% healthy to have a chance

It's the QB, not the pass catchers. RW is way ahead of Kap mentally.

true, wilson is definitely more polished than Kap

Is not even just about being more polished. The key to me is Wilson doesn't get rattled, the guy just never panicks. The moment he rolls right to get all the green grass, the guy can just make any plays with any of his receivers downfield. Kap panicks with such a fierce pass rush and his decision-making then becomes worse and more than often is simply not quick enough plus he is not as elusive as Wilson. Then, you talk about Wilson's throws, his deep balls are just something else, the placement is always good and the spiral is always perfect.
Wilson is a great decision maker, no doubt. However, I think a lot of his success stems from the system he's in. I mean, the number of times he's throwing to a literally wide-open receiver is amazing. Or those deep balls you're talking about -- how many times does is there no safety support downfield because of teams stacking 9 in the box?

Now, this is not to entirely take away from Wilson -- he doesn't lock in on a target like Kaep does. That's key to being able to hit these receivers that are open. But still, I think the playcalling in Seattle is fantastic. Their offense looks unstoppable at times. It's especially potent considering how often they start around midfield because of great field positioning from the defense.

No argument there. They seem to play more multiple WR sets and their offense is much more free throwing. The 9ers passing game is way more static and predictable when everyone knows the ball is always going to go to Anquan and Vernon or now Crab since he is back. Kap needs to throw to the other receivers too such as Mario and Jon to keep the defense guessing. You just can't afford to be so selective with your targets.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Um Kap threw 1 interception and Seattle only had one sack.

Yea the score was worse.

If you guys want a good laugh go ti Earl Thomas wiki and read about his professional career. Little nugget of truth in there.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
LOL At the Seahawks bullying Stills
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Baalke are you watching?

He bloody better be.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by niners94:
kearse, baldwin, lockette, tate, zack miller

its like it doesnt even matter who they put out there

for us, we need our star players to be 100% healthy to have a chance

It's the QB, not the pass catchers. RW is way ahead of Kap mentally.

true, wilson is definitely more polished than Kap

Is not even just about being more polished. The key to me is Wilson doesn't get rattled, the guy just never panicks. The moment he rolls right to get all the green grass, the guy can just make any plays with any of his receivers downfield. Kap panicks with such a fierce pass rush and his decision-making then becomes worse and more than often is simply not quick enough plus he is not as elusive as Wilson. Then, you talk about Wilson's throws, his deep balls are just something else, the placement is always good and the spiral is always perfect.
Wilson is a great decision maker, no doubt. However, I think a lot of his success stems from the system he's in. I mean, the number of times he's throwing to a literally wide-open receiver is amazing. Or those deep balls you're talking about -- how many times does is there no safety support downfield because of teams stacking 9 in the box?

Now, this is not to entirely take away from Wilson -- he doesn't lock in on a target like Kaep does. That's key to being able to hit these receivers that are open. But still, I think the playcalling in Seattle is fantastic. Their offense looks unstoppable at times. It's especially potent considering how often they start around midfield because of great field positioning from the defense.

No argument there. They seem to play more multiple WR sets and their offense is much more free throwing. The 9ers passing game is way more static and predictable when everyone knows the ball is always going to go to Anquan and Vernon or now Crab since he is back. Kap needs to throw to the other receivers too such as Mario and Jon to keep the defense guessing. You just can't afford to be so selective with your targets.

Kap is huge on trust, we used to get on Alex about that but they both look for certain guys. I would try to look at Frank a little more as a pass catcher, he used to have a huge role in that capacity.
The guy did the same exact thing on that stupid f***ed up TD by Seattle
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
After Brady and Manning I think it's safe to say I can't name one quarterback that is playing better than Russell Wilson is. Nobody including Drew Brees. The Niners future will be one of two options. Get better by playing these guys twice a year or get used to playing in Seattle every post season. Russell Wilson is better now than Kaepernick will be in a few years, if ever. His improvisational skills and deep ball are dwarfed by his intelligence. Kid is legit.

Come on. Seattle is averaging 195 pass yards a game. He isn't lighting it up like this every game.

PLAYING better not statically better. As in leading their teams to wins.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Look at the difference in coaching on offense.

Greg Roman? Former college offensive lineman, coached the OL and TE's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was coaching a high school team in New Jersey.

Darrell Bevell? Former college quarterback, coached WR's and QB's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was OC for the Minnesota Vikings. He had a 5 year stint as an offensive assistant and QB coach with the Packers as well. He reportedly did the table-pounding the hardest to get them to draft Wilson.

And he was so good in Minnesota that he was let go after the 2010 season.

Db's not even looking for ball....

The point is that he was holding a job calling an NFL offense, which he did for 4 years with Minnesota while Roman was running the wishbone in Hoboken. His offense improved every season from 2006 to 2009.......the 2010 season, injury issues and a broken down Favre was the downfall for everyone there.

He was also good enough for Carroll to bring him in and make him his OC without the two having ever worked together before.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
Look at the difference in coaching on offense.

Greg Roman? Former college offensive lineman, coached the OL and TE's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was coaching a high school team in New Jersey.

Darrell Bevell? Former college quarterback, coached WR's and QB's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was OC for the Minnesota Vikings. He had a 5 year stint as an offensive assistant and QB coach with the Packers as well. He reportedly did the table-pounding the hardest to get them to draft Wilson.

Chip Kelly had something to say about that the other day, when asked about Bill Davis (his current DC, former Cards DC) :

"I think people get so caught up in statistics that sometimes it's baffling to me. You may look at a guy and say, 'Well, they were in the bottom of the league defensively.' Well, they had 13 starters out. They should be at the bottom of the league defensively. Is that Billy's fault? I don't know what it was, but I don't look at it that way. I hired [former Oregon offensive coordinator and current Oregon head coach] Mark Helfrich as our offensive coordinator when I was at the University of Oregon. Their numbers were not great at Colorado. But you sit down and talk football with Helf for about 10 minutes. He's a pretty sharp guy and really brought a lot to the table, and he's done an outstanding job. He's now the head coach at Oregon. Whoever coached Adrian Peterson, is that the best running back coach in the country? I don't know. I've got to meet him. He could actually be. But let's find out what he teaches. Some of it, you're teaching to what you have available to you and sometimes that's something that I consider. So I don't look at the statistics part of it and say, 'Hey, we need to get that coach.' Sometimes, honestly, if you look at statistics, you need to get that player."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

The point is that he was holding a job calling an NFL offense, which he did for 4 years with Minnesota while Roman was running the wishbone in Hoboken.

He was also good enough for Carroll to bring him in and make him his OC without the two having ever worked together before.

No the point is he was BAD In Minnesota and was fired from his job.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
CAWK suckers (with weak punt) trying to give Aints a chance for a FG
Share 49ersWebzone