There are 220 users in the forums

Week 13 NFL Gameday Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Candlestick better get loud as f**k when Seacawks on offense. Is that too much to ask?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This game is like us up there last December except way worse.

No, I wouldn't call this game way worse than our own Dec beatdown. At least Brees has not been sacked as many times and he has not thrown as many picks. Let's see whether the scores exceeds our 42-14 disaster. I think the score will probably be quite similar if not slightly worse.
They celebrate every freaking tackle at home, every first down, it's a mockery of the game, honestly. Such a punk mentality and it all trickles down from that ass clown coach.
If heads roll in Tennessee, Jerry Gray would be a good guy for the 49ers to bring in, he was DB's coach in Seattle previously and has been a high quality DB coach ffor many years, this is assuming that Donatell gets another offer to be a DC which he'll take since his contract is going to be up.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kearse, baldwin, lockette, tate, zack miller

its like it doesnt even matter who they put out there

for us, we need our star players to be 100% healthy to have a chance

It's the QB, not the pass catchers. RW is way ahead of Kap mentally.

true, wilson is definitely more polished than Kap

Is not even just about being more polished. The key to me is Wilson doesn't get rattled, the guy just never panicks. The moment he rolls right to get all the green grass, the guy can just make any plays with any of his receivers downfield. Kap panicks with such a fierce pass rush and his decision-making then becomes worse and more than often is simply not quick enough plus he is not as elusive as Wilson. Then, you talk about Wilson's throws, his deep balls are just something else, the placement is always good and the spiral is always perfect.
Wilson is a great decision maker, no doubt. However, I think a lot of his success stems from the system he's in. I mean, the number of times he's throwing to a literally wide-open receiver is amazing. Or those deep balls you're talking about -- how many times does is there no safety support downfield because of teams stacking 9 in the box?

Now, this is not to entirely take away from Wilson -- he doesn't lock in on a target like Kaep does. That's key to being able to hit these receivers that are open. But still, I think the playcalling in Seattle is fantastic. Their offense looks unstoppable at times. It's especially potent considering how often they start around midfield because of great field positioning from the defense.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Candlestick better get loud as f**k when Seacawks on offense. Is that too much to ask?

Its not just the crowd getting into it... There stadium is designed to amplify noise.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Oh snap, I remember Kris Richard. Dude played at USC and played for us at one point too, albeit very briefly.

Yes, lousy player but a very good young coach, he's kind of their own Tomsula, does a great job with the secondary.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Its not just the crowd getting into it... There stadium is designed to amplify noise.

Which I think is b******t
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
They celebrate every freaking tackle at home, every first down, it's a mockery of the game, honestly. Such a punk mentality and it all trickles down from that ass clown coach.

What do you expect... Their existence is a blip in the NFL.. They have zero hardware... Let them enjoy their 15mins...thats all it is in the end
After Brady and Manning I think it's safe to say I can't name one quarterback that is playing better than Russell Wilson is. Nobody including Drew Brees. The Niners future will be one of two options. Get better by playing these guys twice a year or get used to playing in Seattle every post season. Russell Wilson is better now than Kaepernick will be in a few years, if ever. His improvisational skills and deep ball are dwarfed by his intelligence. Kid is legit.

Late hit by 31 blow to the head..punk b***h
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, I wouldn't call this game way worse than our own Dec beatdown. At least Brees has not been sacked as many times and he has not thrown as many picks. Let's see whether the scores exceeds our 42-14 disaster. I think the score will probably be quite similar if not slightly worse.

Um Kap threw 1 interception and Seattle only had one sack.
Although I am not a Pats fan at all, I would love to see someone like Gronk just run over some of these clwon DBs. They never get hit in the mouth, I'm sure they wouldn't like it.

You see that last play, Gruden is lauding it as great coverage but it's borderline PI with how they interpret the rules currently. It's just when you do it every down, the refs get accustomed to it.
Look at the difference in coaching on offense.

Greg Roman? Former college offensive lineman, coached the OL and TE's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was coaching a high school team in New Jersey.

Darrell Bevell? Former college quarterback, coached WR's and QB's most of his career in college and the NFL. 5 years ago he was OC for the Minnesota Vikings. He had a 5 year stint as an offensive assistant and QB coach with the Packers as well. He reportedly did the table-pounding the hardest to get them to draft Wilson.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
  • Veteran
It seems like Brees is always 1/2 second too slow to deliver the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone