There are 217 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

May be skipping the year.
Originally posted by hohbie:
May be skipping the year.

yet another dumb decision
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Unlike Lyerla though, I could see him still being drafted. The talent level and ceiling will too enticing to somebody but yeah, this guy has definitely screwed himself, from future Top 5 pick to a late rounder, crazy. By not playing this season he's only confirming a questionable mindset to NFL scouts.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Unlike Lyerla though, I could see him still being drafted. The talent level and ceiling will too enticing to somebody but yeah, this guy has definitely screwed himself, from future Top 5 pick to a late rounder, crazy. By not playing this season he's only confirming a questionable mindset to NFL scouts.

oh he'll get drafted, but I agree with your last sentence, which is why this decision is dumb as f**k. It's a report thought, I'll wait on judging until something it's official. He should go to EIU for sure.

Could you see the 49ers taking a chance on him?
I could see a team like the Patriots grabbing him.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Could you see the 49ers taking a chance on him?
I could see a team like the Patriots grabbing him.

Belichick would be all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake.
Better comparison IMO is Josh Gordon with his behavior/attitude and stuff

Lyerla was apparently a coke head and a total a*****e
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Better comparison IMO is Josh Gordon with his behavior/attitude and stuff

Lyerla was apparently a coke head and a total a*****e

That's what I meant. Lyerla was a trainwreck in more ways than one could count. He went to Twitter after the Newtown shootings and started claiming that it was all a government conspiracy and calling the parents who lost children just really bad actors. Dude was and is a few french fries short of a Happy Meal.
That's what I meant. Lyerla was a trainwreck in more ways than one could count. He went to Twitter after the Newtown shootings and started claiming that it was all a government conspiracy and calling the parents who lost children just really bad actors. Dude was and is a few french fries short of a Happy Meal.

In no way am I backing him up or saying what he did was right, but he was under the influence of cocaine (which is why the tweets were deleted 5 minutes after posting)
Also, kids not too bright (surprise I know) give him a believable opinion and he'll run with it without realizing any repercussions .

Bottom line, kid is a dumba$$ and is going to probably say something stupid further down the line, just hoping it doesn't ruin his career.

On the other hand, Green isn't as bad. I would like to say I think he will get drafted , but after this years draft I have no idea now lol.
I mean with guys like Lotson, Skov, and Colt not getting drafted... I'm not sure this guy will either
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
In no way am I backing him up or saying what he did was right, but he was under the influence of cocaine (which is why the tweets were deleted 5 minutes after posting)

Also, kids not too bright (surprise I know) give him a believable opinion and he'll run with it without realizing any repercussions .

Bottom line, kid is a dumba$$ and is going to probably say something stupid further down the line, just hoping it doesn't ruin his career.

This is just confusing.

What is the link between using coke and thinking that the shooting of the kids in Newton was a government conspiracy?

Are you saying the notion that Newton shooting were a government conspiracy is believable?

I understand that you recruit for Oregon and that you may know Colt as he went to school there, but the kid is about 12 donuts short of a barker's dozen.

DGB is the guy I want at this point. Buy low.

And there aren't a ton of college players I really like all that much at this point. It's extremely early, but it doesn't look like an very deep draft class.
Ian Rapoport tweeted: Ex-Mizzou star to transfer & sit out a year? Means ‘16 draft, not ‘15 MT @jasonkersey: Confirming Dorial Green-Beckham is on campus #Sooners.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Officially a Sooner.

VERY frustrating as a Mizzou fan.

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
that sucks. i don't root for people to fail, but I hope he does for Mizzou's sake
So is DGB gonna be allowed to play this season or not? I thought he had to sit out the year if he transferred; but then again, Rodgers from Tennessee played the year following a transfer.

I'm confused.
Share 49ersWebzone