LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jrg:
this makes me sad

I would expect jrg to drop by and make his argument for the 49ers to sign DGB.

Anytime...

jrg?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
what's been his problem?

Lazy.
what's been his problem?

He sucks...and he's hopelessly lazy.
what's been his problem?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Lazy.

have there been reports literally citing laziness? or has it been evident some other way with just how his play has looked on gameday?
Lol. I was reprimanded for getting into a heated discussion with a fellow poster over DGB.

If you still read this forum, I told you so.
What ever is problem is - he blowing it big time.
what's been his problem?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Lazy.

have there been reports literally citing laziness? or has it been evident some other way with just how his play has looked on gameday?

I read reports while he was in Tenn that he was either too stupid or too lazy to learn their playbook.

I remember my comp for DGB was Jon Baldwin. DGB making me look good.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 30, 2017 at 11:39 AM ]
what's been his problem?

Its been the same problem he faced coming out of college
He is not a very good wide receiver

I got into so many arguments on this thread about him, I figured he was going to end up a bust. When you watch this guy in college, he didn't do anything that separated him from the rest of the other WR prospects.
He was big, and fast. That was all he depended on in college. NFL Cbs know how to defend guys who are bigger and faster than they are, and DGB doesn't really have much to offer outside of that
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This is actually a great example that I should have used. Jeffery and Bryant both have a very physical style of play, their ability to manhandle opposing DBs and get great position is part of why they are both pro-bowlers. DGB is about as physical as DeSean Jackson. From the 8 games I watched of his yesterday he is constantly getting bumped off his routes and having to readjust.
In the case of Jeffery and Bryant, they both fight off CBs and make it easier on themselves when the ball is thrown their way, thus giving them better positing for the ball.
DGB does not, he tends to play around the secondary whereas Bryant and Jeffery play through them. I have yet to see him shed a bump off the line or use his frame to get position. (other than jump balls)
In all honesty he reminds me a lot of the Seahawks pick Paul Richardson.

I think his lack of separation comes from his inability to play more of a physical role which is surprising to me given his frame. If he can learn to use his arms/body more rather than his height and speed, I think he is going to do very well at OU.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Yeah, after watching enough vids I'm not impressed.
DGB relies to much on his size and constantly struggles shedding defenders and getting position, not to mention he is one of the worst blockers in his class.
I also like how our WR (Crabs and Boldin) seem to dominate over opposing secondaries with their size, DGB plays like he is the weakest guy on the field.

I get that he can make these amazing catches, and he looks great jumping for a ball, but 90% of his highlight reel is against a small school CB in 1 on 1 coverage.

Unless I see some changes at OU, I'm chalking this one under the bust category.

This was what I said about him
I remember he and Kaepernick working out a ton and becoming great friends. I loved his size but wasn't aware of his laziness or lack of IQ.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/20/8077827/colin-kaepernick-throwing-with-dorial-green-beckham-video

Several, both with Tennessee and Philly. The coaches with the Titans in particular got fed up with him half-assing it. He also was having a hard time learning the playbook.

Dude just doesnt care. Even when he plays he's allowed much smaller cornerbacks to knock him around all over the place.

He has no real football skills beyond being big and relatively fast for his size. Poor route runner, not great hands, not particularly agile, looks a lot stronger than he plays, just a guy who played well in college almost strictly due to his size but NFL CBs arent impressed.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 30, 2017 at 12:22 PM ]

Several, both with Tennessee and Philly. The coaches with the Titans in particular got fed up with him half-assing it. He also was having a hard time learning the playbook.

Dude just doesnt care. Even when he plays he's allowed much smaller cornerbacks to knock him around all over the place.

He has no real football skills beyond being big and relatively fast for his size. Poor route runner, not great hands, not particularly agile, looks a lot stronger than he plays, just a guy who played well in college almost strictly due to his size but NFL CBs arent impressed.

most informative response so far. thanks.
the stereotypical "looks amazing on paper but has a s**t work ethic" big bodied receiver. I guarantee he will get at least one more shot with a team thinking he can turn it around with them.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
the stereotypical "looks amazing on paper but has a s**t work ethic" big bodied receiver. I guarantee he will get at least one more shot with a team thinking he can turn it around with them.

I think so also, probably the Raiders
Should we kick the tires on him? I think it wouldn't hurt.....he would be much needed size as well... Thoughts.
Share 49ersWebzone