Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Panthers legit?

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
yes
yes
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
D is solid, Offense not so much. If cam plays like he did his rookie year they could be really scary

Yet, they must be doing something right, considering their point differential is 4th best in the NFL . . .

They have played a lot of sub par defenses. Against us and you guys they weren't great.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
D is solid, Offense not so much. If cam plays like he did his rookie year they could be really scary

lol wut? Cam is playing better than his rookie year...
as of this year yes, Next year can be totally different as we all know
dont discuss with 4ML, he is a blind Camboy from day one on. ;)
Originally posted by 4ML:

I haven't seen him be Rookie Cam on a regular basis though. THAT Cam's explosiveness with this current D would be insane
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Yet, they must be doing something right, considering their point differential is 4th best in the NFL . . .

They have played a lot of sub par defenses. Against us and you guys they weren't great.

Outside of NE, they have not performed well against defenses that are in the top 10 in scoring (they've played against 4 so far). In that regard, I can see why there would be doubts about their offense. Alternatively, Denver has faced three (Baltimore, Cincinnati and Indy) and performed well against all three.

That said, Carolina fared well (winning) against the #6 NE Patriots defense last night.
heres what makes them legit, timely play on D, just like seattle, they force that fumble or get a 3rd down stop or pick off a pass when need be.
They were legit before they beat the 49ers and Patriots. Had they started the season off playing the way they're playing now they'd probably be neck and neck with Seattle for home field advantage. They are playing outstanding football now and only seem to be getting better on offense.

Very envious of their team. They are who I thought the 49ers would be at this stage of the season. Very similar to the 49ers. Not so much scheme wise but personnel wise they are stacked up front. They really like to mug and paw at receivers the way Seattle does. For a predominantly zone defense they sure play a lot of bump/press physical defense on the outside.

I'm seeing more and more of the jersey tugging, physical style play from more and more db's. I said in the offseason that I thought it was only a matter of time before more teams started doing it with how much the refs seem to dislike calling it. With the way the New England game ended I think more attention will be paid to def holding. Its happening a lot right now and its only a matter of time before one of these prima donna darling qb's has a hissy fit For the record I thought the play at the end of the patriots panthers game was legit. There was definitely a defensive infraction there in the endzone whether you want to call it holding or PI. Had the ball been thrown a little higher and toward the back of the enzone it would have stuck. I thought they got the non call right because lets be honest Gronk was NOT getting to that ball regardless.
This is the carbon copy of the 2003 Panthers that went to the SB. DOMINATE front four, THREE good running backs, a defensive minded coach, STEVE SMITH (LMAO) and a QB who won't screw it up. The only difference is I don't know about their o line and their QB could make plays with his legs.
basically executing the same formula we did last year. Safe offense, great defense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
dont discuss with 4ML, he is a blind Camboy from day one on. ;)

I am...but only because I think he's amazing. Loved him in college...believed he was the best player in the draft and I'm happy to see him become one of the best young QBs int he league. I love me some Cam

I haven't seen him be Rookie Cam on a regular basis though. THAT Cam's explosiveness with this current D would be insane

The offense has evolved and so has Cam. He is a better passer and makes better decisions. He is also throwing less and running less. Panthers changed their OC this season - who wants Cam to run less and stay in the pocket. This is the best I've seen Cam play tbh. He is making very few mistakes and is still making a lot of plays. That last drive was clinical.
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
I am...but only because I think he's amazing. Loved him in college...believed he was the best player in the draft and I'm happy to see him become one of the best young QBs int he league. I love me some Cam

The offense has evolved and so has Cam
. He is a better passer and makes better decisions. He is also throwing less and running less. Panthers changed their OC this season - who wants Cam to run less and stay in the pocket. This is the best I've seen Cam play tbh. He is making very few mistakes and is still making a lot of plays. That last drive was clinical.

Truth! Although he's still running just as much as he ever did. He looked like a giant Russell Wilson out there last night. He's doing a great job. He looks so much more relaxed this season and with that defense how could you not? All he's got to do is take what defenses give him and lean on that defense and running game. No need to take all the crazy chances he has taken in the past. Very impressed with Cam this season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
basically executing the same formula we did last year. Safe offense, great defense.

Bingo.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home