There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

why I hate some sports forums in general, ClanRam forums

Originally posted by ram29jackson:
some people take themselves too seriously and still approach being a fan like a butthurt 12 year old who think its really important to be loyal to a sports franchise like it matters in their life.

the guy that runs ClanRam is an attorney but doesn't seem too bright outside what he does for a living.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/playoff-picture-nfl-network-53584/index2.html

start at post #21 and down

I'm even more happy to be a 49ers fan as a result of places like this, there are some team forums that are truly chitty, either nobody posts or you've got a handful of people who essentially run the place and condemn anything that exists outside of accepted group think.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I thought it was spelled KlanRam... Lol

Jrg has the rights to that name
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm even more happy to be a 49ers fan as a result of places like this, there are some team forums that are truly chitty, either nobody posts or you've got a handful of people who essentially run the place and condemn anything that exists outside of accepted group think.

yep
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
some people take themselves too seriously and still approach being a fan like a butthurt 12 year old who think its really important to be loyal to a sports franchise like it matters in their life.

the guy that runs ClanRam is an attorney but doesn't seem too bright outside what he does for a living.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/playoff-picture-nfl-network-53584/index2.html

start at post #21 and down

im happy im a niner fan because were not the rams
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im happy im a niner fan because were not the rams

which has nothing to do with this
seems like u made a joke over there and a person or two took offense to it. are you trying to point out how over sensitive some fans are? aside from that it was much ado about nothing IMO.
Originally posted by crabman82:
seems like u made a joke over there and a person or two took offense to it. are you trying to point out how over sensitive some fans are? aside from that it was much ado about nothing IMO.

that was just most recent...that's my point, its much ado about nothing. They think because I make jokes at Rams expense or am negative in a comment in one way or another therefore I am trolling, trying to antagonize and not really a Rams fan. Talk about overthinking such trivial junk

its sports talk on a sports forum, the least important aspect of anyones life. You are escaping to think about something else. Yet you get these idiots that live in the virtual world who are wannabe coaches or fans who think that on the team forum you have to talk all sweetness and light about your team and insult the enemy/other team.

I posted a wiki about the Rams having the worst record in the NFL over a recent 10 year period and it was perceived as an evil antagonistic trolling move and the thread was locked they also had a problem with the fact I had posted it during the 4th qtr of the loss to the niners...or Seahawks? what ever the Monday night game was earlier in year ? Somehow that's supposed to prove i'm trolling or not a real fan....?

no, it just means I felt like putting up some facts I saw and i'm fascinated by stats like a lot of sports fans are. These are supposed to be adults ? as an adult I understand sports is not a gang war. I don't need to be a card carrying member of a team to prove i'm a fan. All sports leagues are an entertainment business and I can have any opinion I want or root for any team I want and I don't need some major valid reason to prove it or do it. I just need a tv and some time for fun. Its just sports and I like it and the teams in it any way I want to...unless you go to certain forums where stupid people graze in the mental fields of their ignorance ...I'll have to come up with a better line than that LOL
Originally posted by crabman82:

that was just most recent...that's my point, its much ado about nothing. They think because I make jokes at Rams expense or am negative in a comment in one way or another therefore I am trolling, trying to antagonize and not really a Rams fan. Talk about overthinking such trivial junk

its sports talk on a sports forum, the least important aspect of anyones life. You are escaping to think about something else. Yet you get these idiots that live in the virtual world who are wannabe coaches or fans who think that on the team forum you have to talk all sweetness and light about your team and insult the enemy/other team.

I posted a wiki about the Rams having the worst record in the NFL over a recent 10 year period and it was perceived as an evil antagonistic trolling move and the thread was locked they also had a problem with the fact I had posted it during the 4th qtr of the loss to the niners...or Seahawks? what ever the Monday night game was earlier in year ? Somehow that's supposed to prove i'm trolling or not a real fan....?

no, it just means I felt like putting up some facts I saw and i'm fascinated by stats like a lot of sports fans are. These are supposed to be adults ? as an adult I understand sports is not a gang war. I don't need to be a card carrying member of a team to prove i'm a fan. All sports leagues are an entertainment business and I can have any opinion I want or root for any team I want and I don't need some major valid reason to prove it or do it. I just need a tv and some time for fun. Its just sports and I like it and the teams in it any way I want to...unless you go to certain forums where stupid people graze in the mental fields of their ignorance ...I'll have to come up with a better line than that LOL

Much ado about nothing, yet worthy of directing attention to... on a 49er board. It's about them and not about you... ok... got it...
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Much ado about nothing, yet worthy of directing attention to... on a 49er board. It's about them and not about you... ok... got it...

yet my observations are correct and valid and point out their mental inadequacies.

and you exemplify the other annoying internet practice of constant sarcasm as though it is its own language and dialect .

no...I do bring this up though to find out if there is a larger number of people who agree with that childish mindset . Find out how rare or common it is because it proves i'm much more intelligent than the common man than I thought I was. ...or for all I know someone is just being a pain in the ass taking the opposite view just to antagonize in their own way

yet my observations are correct and valid and point out their mental inadequacies.

and you exemplify the other annoying internet practice of constant sarcasm as though it is its own language and dialect .

no...I do bring this up though to find out if there is a larger number of people who agree with that childish mindset . Find out how rare or common it is because it proves i'm much more intelligent than the common man than I thought I was. ...or for all I know someone is just being a pain in the ass taking the opposite view just to antagonize in their own way

Were I to subscribe to that mindset, I'd admit it happily. I find sarcasm very enjoyable, particularly in response to (perceivable) emotional or equally sarcastic posts. Though I make a concerted effort not to lean on it too heavily as it does get old.

You were pretty overt in seeking attention and/or validation of your feelings with your OP. It's refreshing to see that you're not all emotion and appear to be perceptive in at least one aspect (identifying common internet practices). Shame you didn't use any common sense before your initial post.
so...in order to be a sports fan do a majority of guys in their 30 and 40s still feel the need to use "we" when talking about a team ?

do they need to take it personal when someone makes fun of their favorite team ? or them for being a fan of that team ?
so...in order to be a sports fan do a majority of guys in their 30 and 40s still feel the need to use "we" when talking about a team ?

do they need to take it personal when someone makes fun of their favorite team ? or them for being a fan of that team ?

You and your casual allegiances again. You are going to just ruin a tailgate someday wearing a Faulk jersey and joining the opponent's fans in critiquing your team in the midst of your sheep brethren instead of banning together with them
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]