There are 197 users in the forums

More proof that NFL refs are very biased in calling games.

Shop 49ers game tickets
C'mon, NFL, really? February 9, 2013 [J.P.'s Moment of Common Sense on Broad View, KJFK 1230 AM Reno. Listen live Saturdays at 3:00 PM Pacific Time.]

You probably watched the Super Bowl last Sunday. This year's game had the third-most viewers in TV history, with an estimated 108 million people watching. If that number is correct, on Monday morning there were about 107 million people wondering what the hell is wrong with the NFL.

I mean c'mon, really? That was the worst officiating I've ever seen. The refs were so obviously in the tank for Baltimore it was like they didn't care about getting caught. I'm surprised John Gotti wasn't waiting on the sideline with bundles of cash neatly labeled with the refs' names.

This isn't sour grapes. Yes, I was semi-rooting for San Francisco because the coach played quarterback for my college... and yes, I lived in Reno during the Kaepernick years... and yes, it's true, I'm not a big fan of Ray "States Evidence" Lewis... but I don't really care who wins the Super Bowl because I live in Michigan, home of the Detroit Lions. The Super Bowl might as well be the Hunger Games for all the chance we have of participating.

I'm just saying anybody outside of Baltimore who watched the Super Bowl with the tiniest bit of objectivity could see it was rigged. The NFL brags about its security operation, but they're failing at their main job: protecting the integrity of the game. And I'm not Johnny-come-lately on this issue. Last year I wrote about the strange outcomes in the 2012 playoffs. Gambling is a pernicious influence on the integrity of any sport and anyone who thinks the Super Bowl can't be rigged needs to brush up on their history. A century ago, when baseball was the big thing, the 1919 World Series was rigged. College basketball has had Boston College's 1978 season, City College of New York's 1950 season, and the North Carolina/North Carolina State game of 1961 – all of them rigged. And that's just the stuff we know about because they got caught. Those scandals involved players but officials can be bought, too. The NBA had a referee allegedly rigging games in 2007.

Gamblers can make enormous profits when they know outcomes ahead of time and the Super Bowl is the largest single event in the world for amount of money wagered. Think about it. While you're thinking, review what happened in the game Sunday.

First, with 6:55 left in the first half, during some post-interception squabbling amongst players, Baltimore Raven cornerback Cary Williams shoved a referee. Not from behind so the ref couldn't see who did it – he walked right up and shoved him in the chest. There is no more serious offense in football and the penalty is always – always – automatic ejection from the game. But the official didn't even throw a flag.

In the second half the officials went berserk, starting with the opening kickoff which Baltimore ran back for a touchdown while the 49er with the best chance to make a tackle was being held. By itself, that's not too suspicious. Holding is frequently missed and the game was a blow-out so who cares?

But then the 49ers started coming back and the officials seemed to get more and more desperate to stop them. With ten minutes left the 49ers scored a touchdown to pull within two points. All they needed was a two-point conversion to tie it, but Baltimore's Ed Reed came across early, clearly offsides, blew up the play, and the officials ignored it.

The 49ers were down by two but they were dominating the Ravens. All they had to do was stop Baltimore one more time, get the ball back, and kick a field goal. On 3rd and 9 with 8:35 left in the game, the Ravens threw an incomplete pass but the refs called a dubious pass interference penalty to keep them going. Two plays later the officials awarded the Ravens a first down when the ball was clearly, obviously, flagrantly short of where it needed to be. Now it was getting easy to see what the refs were doing. Don't argue with me until you look at that first down. NFL refs never spot the ball so inaccurately. (When San Francisco challenged it the replay officials agreed and took away the first down.)

Thanks to the refs, Baltimore kicked a field goal to go up by five. Still, no problem. San Francisco marched right down to the seven yard line. The Baltimore Ravens were shell shocked, looking glum. The 49ers had two and a half minutes to go seven yards to win the game... but they forgot about those doggone refs. On second down, obvious pass interference, not called. On third down, illegal blow to a receiver's head, not called. On fourth down, the receiver is held so he can't go after the ball, not called again.

The game still wasn't over. With twelve seconds left the Ravens had to punt from their own end zone. That's when the refs proved they were in the bag: the Ravens literally bear-hugged the 49er rushers to waste time, a humorously intentional penalty that couldn't hurt them at that point... but the officials didn't even throw a flag on that.

Four game-changing Baltimore penalties in the last two minutes – not one of them called. C'mon, NFL: after two years of suspicious playoff games, you must know you've got a problem.

That's... today's dose of common sense.

http://www.jpattitude.com/130209.php#comments
Q&A with Todd Haley:

Q: Can an NFL game be fixed?
A: Yeah, probably. Individual refs probably get bought off from time to time. I'm sure some wealthy person has been able to influence a game to their financial advantage by finding a ref that could be bought.

Q: Would the NFL fix a game themselves?
A: No, never. They would never endanger the product this way.

Q: Would "Vegas" fix a game?
A: If by "Vegas" you mean "the house", no. They make money because people make bets, not because of which bet they make. The line is determined by the supply of betters on each side so that the house, as usual, always wins.

Q: Was our game fixed?
A: Nope, we just sucked.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1002745-nfl-conspiracy-theory-page5.html
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM ]
If it wasn't rigged, people would lose interest. I have been a fan since I was a child. One only has to read a few comments above to begin seeing the bigger picture. Out of the last ten Super Bowls, 6 of them have been decided by 4 points or less. Why have the games been so close? Is it just a coincidence? Is it a coincidence that ten years ago a 30 second commercial would set back a company just over a million dollars and ten years later that same 30 second slot now exceeds 4 million dollars? If the "big game" was a blow out before the 2nd Quarter even started, people would lose interest and advertisers paying 4 million wouldn't be too happy now would they? Keep the games close and you keep the people watching. I believe the refs are in on the scandal. These people can dictate the outcome of any game. We saw this come to light in Super Bowl 47

Definitely. Lets go back to 1998. It all starts with the Denver Broncos. Elway plans to retire but has no Super Bowl rings. How will he ever make it into the HOF without them? No problem. Wins 2 back to back super bowls, as if to say, one isn't a guarantee or too obvious, so 2 it is. The following year we have Grocery Boy Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf, against the miracle Titans, where the rams win "by the longest yard"... Fast-forward 2 years, we have one of the largest tragedies in american history, AKA, 9/11 and the Twin Towers. We also have an unknown "dynasty" in the makings with a bunch of unknown individuals knows as the PATRIOTS, who come out of nowhere and beat what is still one of the best offenses in the Rams. Can we say "moral booster"? Needless to say, we can't make it obvious, so we must now have the Patriots in a lot more Super Bowls so it doesn't look so obvious. Not to mention their scandal that was legally just "washed away". Spygate anyone? Fast forward to 2006. The Pittsburgh Steelers. Jerome Bettis retirement party in, where... None other than his hometown of Detroit. What a great place to win a Super Bowl and retire right? Then we have Peyton Manning finally win the Super Bowl, followed up by his brother Eli the very next season, only to defeat this "dynasty" team. Oh the irony of all these stories. Maybe we just notch them all up to "coincidence"... or then again we realize just how much money the NFL is worth and the excitement value attached to it all.

Refs For the NFL to be rigged the players wouldn't have to know anything about it. The higher ups pick and pay the refs themselves. Patriots win 5 months after 9/11. Saints are good for the first time ever after Katrina. Elway wins twice when he announces retirement. Jerome Bettis wins a Super Bowl in his hometown to retire. And after watching Ray Lewis and Co. Push a referee and not even get penalized last night how can you not think its rigged?

It wasn't always but now it is a $32 Billion SHARED REVENUE CORPORATION, and outcomes can't be left to chance. The NFL is a corporation with 32 departments. The total league revenues are shared equally so there is no punishment for owning Jacksonville vs Kansas City vs Dallas.

A few fundamentals need to be established:
First, the NFL possesses an Anti-Trust Exemption to the law granted to it by President John F. Kennedy, which ultimately allows the NFL to classify itself as "entertainment" rather than sport, as well as incorporate itself as a single entity instead of the 32 separate "franchises" they would want you to believe.

Second, in a 2004 lawsuit vs the NFL, the NFL argued they are not a collection of 32 teams, but a single entity. They compete as a unit in the entertainment marketplace, and not subject to Anti-Trust laws." Like the WWE.

Third, NFL Referees are part-time employees of the NFL. NFL refs make less than $75,000 per season. They work for the league, period. Referees are bound by NFL mandated gag orders which prevent them from talking to the media.

Next:
The "Patriots" post 9/11 run.
The Saints 40 years of losing, then winning a title for a Katrina ravaged city.
The Harbaugh Bowl
Marketing MAGIC !!!

Next:
In 2007 a Jets season ticket holder sued the NFL for $185 million and the case reached the US Supreme Court. The Jets fan argued that, all Jets fans are entitled to refunds because they paid for a ticket to a legitimate sporting event. Had he been aware that the games were not real then we would not have gone.

The Judge stated that a ticket to a game only provides you access to the stadium. The fan entered the stadium, witnessed a game, therefore he did not suffer any damages. The fan's lawyer disagreed and argued that the NFL committed consumer fraud.

Judges ruled that fixing a game for entertainment purposes was completely LEGAL.

Next:
In 2000 Art Model, a storied and respected owner of the Baltimore Ravens announced he was selling the team. Miraculously, even with one of the worst offenses in NFL history, they won the Super Bowl. And the Ravens were subsequently sold to Steve Busciotti for a record price.

Robert Kraft and John Mara are two of the most business savvy and highly respected NFL owners. Kraft is in charge of the NFL TV broadcast committee and also leads all television negotiations for the NFL. Kraft also is on the board of Viacom (CBS). Kraft negotiated a record TV deal resulted in $24 Billion in revenue.

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank was interviewed saying "It is predetermined that these two teams would be here, I wish my team was selected to be in the Super Bowl, but these two gentlemen deserve it".

There are many more examples, and no one wants this to be true.....But it is. The NFL said it themselves in court. We are entertainment and we can manage outcomes as we see fit. We're EXEMPT. Thanks for reading all of this. It is compiled from many sources.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-nfl-rigged
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Originally posted by boast:

That's about the best argument a person can make right there.

Agreed with you!! ... Refs are b******t!! I hate the Refs against the 49ers make a loss games!!
It's hilarious to see SF fans complain about officiating on one hand, and criticize other franchises for doing the exact same thing, on the other hand. Hypocritical, just a little bit?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Troll alert
You havent been banned yet? LOL

Gotta love the sackless wonders who think it takes guts and brains to hide behind their computer and run their mouth. Take a step out of Mommies basement and act like real man...or better yet show even one iota of class and carry yourself like you have been there. All you are doing here is perpetuating our opinion that your entire fan base is comprised of @$$h0les.
Originally posted by JimHarbaughsDouche:
f**king crybabies. Put points on the f**king board and then it wouldn't matter. You can't, because you f**kING SUCK.

Seriously. This is exactly what I'm talking about from these Seattle fans. I don't see this type of stomp your feet we're better than you BS from other fan bases. The seahawks fans in here want to say there's dicks like this in every fan base. I couldn't disagree more. I've yet to see a Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, or Packers fan come in here and act like this classy gentleman.

What is this guy so mad about anyway? His team has owned the 49ers and are sitting pretty to win out. What I wouldn't give to meet some of these tough guys on neutral ground in real life. I'm sure this guy is as tough as his words though. I guess that when the Seahawks are good it automatically gives their fan base the right to act like lil beotches.
Originally posted by JimHarbaughsDouche:
f**king crybabies. Put points on the f**king board and then it wouldn't matter. You can't, because you f**kING SUCK.

Seriously. This is exactly what I'm talking about from these Seattle fans. I don't see this type of stomp your feet we're better than you BS from other fan bases. The seahawks fans in here want to say there's dicks like this in every fan base. I couldn't disagree more. I've yet to see a Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, or Packers fan come in here and act like this classy gentleman.

What is this guy so mad about anyway? His team has owned the 49ers and are sitting pretty to win out. What I wouldn't give to meet some of these tough guys on neutral ground in real life. I'm sure this guy is as tough as his words though. I guess that when the Seahawks are good it automatically gives their fan base the right to act like lil beotches.
Seattle fans are a bunch of b*tches, we all know that They'll talk sh*t on the internet because they know in real life niners fans would shank em in the parking lot. Plus they have shortman syndrome.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by IronSaint:

Not exactly, Kaepernick wasn't a "defenseless player" (ie. a QB in the pocket) since he had the ball tucked and was an established runner at that point. The only thing that could've been called was a facemask IF Akiem Hicks would've grabbed it.

The league continues to stress that the idea is to protect the quarterback (because nobody wants to watch the backups play), look at the photo of Kaep.. and it's clear that he's not being "protected" by the NFL. Inside or outside of the pocket, if wrapping around the neck is a penalty, then hell.. Kaep was strangled.

The fact is that the NFL isn't interested in protecting the quarterback, they're interested in protecting Bree's, Brady, Payton, and Rodgers.

I guess very few people realize the referees are not making penalty calls of off slow motion replays or still photos. Things look a lot different full speed at field level. Mistakes are very likely to happen.
NVM
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by IronSaint:

Not exactly, Kaepernick wasn't a "defenseless player" (ie. a QB in the pocket) since he had the ball tucked and was an established runner at that point. The only thing that could've been called was a facemask IF Akiem Hicks would've grabbed it.

The league continues to stress that the idea is to protect the quarterback (because nobody wants to watch the backups play), look at the photo of Kaep.. and it's clear that he's not being "protected" by the NFL. Inside or outside of the pocket, if wrapping around the neck is a penalty, then hell.. Kaep was strangled.

The fact is that the NFL isn't interested in protecting the quarterback, they're interested in protecting Bree's, Brady, Payton, and Rodgers.

I guess very few people realize the referees are not making penalty calls of off slow motion replays or still photos. Things look a lot different full speed at field level. Mistakes are very likely to happen.

If I made as many mistakes in my job, I'd be fired... Not officiating the Super Bowl
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
If it wasn't rigged, people would lose interest. I have been a fan since I was a child. One only has to read a few comments above to begin seeing the bigger picture. Out of the last ten Super Bowls, 6 of them have been decided by 4 points or less. Why have the games been so close? Is it just a coincidence? Is it a coincidence that ten years ago a 30 second commercial would set back a company just over a million dollars and ten years later that same 30 second slot now exceeds 4 million dollars? If the "big game" was a blow out before the 2nd Quarter even started, people would lose interest and advertisers paying 4 million wouldn't be too happy now would they? Keep the games close and you keep the people watching. I believe the refs are in on the scandal. These people can dictate the outcome of any game. We saw this come to light in Super Bowl 47

Definitely. Lets go back to 1998. It all starts with the Denver Broncos. Elway plans to retire but has no Super Bowl rings. How will he ever make it into the HOF without them? No problem. Wins 2 back to back super bowls, as if to say, one isn't a guarantee or too obvious, so 2 it is. The following year we have Grocery Boy Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf, against the miracle Titans, where the rams win "by the longest yard"... Fast-forward 2 years, we have one of the largest tragedies in american history, AKA, 9/11 and the Twin Towers. We also have an unknown "dynasty" in the makings with a bunch of unknown individuals knows as the PATRIOTS, who come out of nowhere and beat what is still one of the best offenses in the Rams. Can we say "moral booster"? Needless to say, we can't make it obvious, so we must now have the Patriots in a lot more Super Bowls so it doesn't look so obvious. Not to mention their scandal that was legally just "washed away". Spygate anyone? Fast forward to 2006. The Pittsburgh Steelers. Jerome Bettis retirement party in, where... None other than his hometown of Detroit. What a great place to win a Super Bowl and retire right? Then we have Peyton Manning finally win the Super Bowl, followed up by his brother Eli the very next season, only to defeat this "dynasty" team. Oh the irony of all these stories. Maybe we just notch them all up to "coincidence"... or then again we realize just how much money the NFL is worth and the excitement value attached to it all.

Refs For the NFL to be rigged the players wouldn't have to know anything about it. The higher ups pick and pay the refs themselves. Patriots win 5 months after 9/11. Saints are good for the first time ever after Katrina. Elway wins twice when he announces retirement. Jerome Bettis wins a Super Bowl in his hometown to retire. And after watching Ray Lewis and Co. Push a referee and not even get penalized last night how can you not think its rigged?

It wasn't always but now it is a $32 Billion SHARED REVENUE CORPORATION, and outcomes can't be left to chance. The NFL is a corporation with 32 departments. The total league revenues are shared equally so there is no punishment for owning Jacksonville vs Kansas City vs Dallas.

A few fundamentals need to be established:
First, the NFL possesses an Anti-Trust Exemption to the law granted to it by President John F. Kennedy, which ultimately allows the NFL to classify itself as "entertainment" rather than sport, as well as incorporate itself as a single entity instead of the 32 separate "franchises" they would want you to believe.

Second, in a 2004 lawsuit vs the NFL, the NFL argued they are not a collection of 32 teams, but a single entity. They compete as a unit in the entertainment marketplace, and not subject to Anti-Trust laws." Like the WWE.

Third, NFL Referees are part-time employees of the NFL. NFL refs make less than $75,000 per season. They work for the league, period. Referees are bound by NFL mandated gag orders which prevent them from talking to the media.

Next:
The "Patriots" post 9/11 run.
The Saints 40 years of losing, then winning a title for a Katrina ravaged city.
The Harbaugh Bowl
Marketing MAGIC !!!

Next:
In 2007 a Jets season ticket holder sued the NFL for $185 million and the case reached the US Supreme Court. The Jets fan argued that, all Jets fans are entitled to refunds because they paid for a ticket to a legitimate sporting event. Had he been aware that the games were not real then we would not have gone.

The Judge stated that a ticket to a game only provides you access to the stadium. The fan entered the stadium, witnessed a game, therefore he did not suffer any damages. The fan's lawyer disagreed and argued that the NFL committed consumer fraud.

Judges ruled that fixing a game for entertainment purposes was completely LEGAL.

Next:
In 2000 Art Model, a storied and respected owner of the Baltimore Ravens announced he was selling the team. Miraculously, even with one of the worst offenses in NFL history, they won the Super Bowl. And the Ravens were subsequently sold to Steve Busciotti for a record price.

Robert Kraft and John Mara are two of the most business savvy and highly respected NFL owners. Kraft is in charge of the NFL TV broadcast committee and also leads all television negotiations for the NFL. Kraft also is on the board of Viacom (CBS). Kraft negotiated a record TV deal resulted in $24 Billion in revenue.

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank was interviewed saying "It is predetermined that these two teams would be here, I wish my team was selected to be in the Super Bowl, but these two gentlemen deserve it".

There are many more examples, and no one wants this to be true.....But it is. The NFL said it themselves in court. We are entertainment and we can manage outcomes as we see fit. We're EXEMPT. Thanks for reading all of this. It is compiled from many sources.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-nfl-rigged

This is a post I wish I hadn't read.

great pics man!!!! totally true.
Share 49ersWebzone