There are 248 users in the forums

More proof that NFL refs are very biased in calling games.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
The SB has already been decided in November. Its between the Saints and Broncos, with the Broncos winning it followed by Manning's retirement. Ray Lewis style, right now Goodell is all about publicity and fame. He wants to go down as the Commissioner with the most Hall of Famers winning Super Bowls, makes him looks like the best NFL Commissioner ever.

I absolutely agree with what this guy said. Manning is Goodell's golden boy this year. The Chiefs have one of the fiercest pash rushes in the NFL and are playing at a high level, but when they played the Broncos, they didnt touch Manning. It looked like they were afraid to even get close. I believe this is because Andy Ried knew that if another player so much as breathed on Manning wrong, they would be hit with a PF penalty.

I believe the reason Goodell chose these two teams is because Manning is a great QB that hasn't won enough SB's in his opinion. And there was so much uproar over the Saints scandal last year, Goodell is trying to prove that the Saints are back in his good graces. Besides, both provide offensive fire power and help Goodell print the money.

Oddly enough, Goodell has actually raised the value of someone like Dan Marino in my mind. Marino was without question a HOF QB, but never won the SB. This is unheard of and the cardinal sin in Goodell's tenure. I believe had Goodell been the commissioner back during the SF/Mia SB, he would have made sure the refs called that game 100% in favor of Miami. Cause Montana already had at least one ring, and so Marino could get his ring. Anyway, we may never see a HOF QB like Marino without a SB, which in my opinion makes him all the more special.
Originally posted by SFFanSince72:
I absolutely agree with what this guy said. Manning is Goodell's golden boy this year. The Chiefs have one of the fiercest pash rushes in the NFL and are playing at a high level, but when they played the Broncos, they didnt touch Manning. It looked like they were afraid to even get close. I believe this is because Andy Ried knew that if another player so much as breathed on Manning wrong, they would be hit with a PF penalty.

I believe the reason Goodell chose these two teams is because Manning is a great QB that hasn't won enough SB's in his opinion. And there was so much uproar over the Saints scandal last year, Goodell is trying to prove that the Saints are back in his good graces. Besides, both provide offensive fire power and help Goodell print the money.

Oddly enough, Goodell has actually raised the value of someone like Dan Marino in my mind. Marino was without question a HOF QB, but never won the SB. This is unheard of and the cardinal sin in Goodell's tenure. I believe had Goodell been the commissioner back during the SF/Mia SB, he would have made sure the refs called that game 100% in favor of Miami. Cause Montana already had at least one ring, and so Marino could get his ring. Anyway, we may never see a HOF QB like Marino without a SB, which in my opinion makes him all the more special.

I am scared that people actually believe this.
Originally posted by facestabber:

me too. as they say though, you're entitled to your opinion. i'll just say i disagree.
nfl is a joke.
Originally posted by crabman82:

me too. as they say though, you're entitled to your opinion. i'll just say i disagree.

A discussion is usually based on an exchange of information. You didn't state what it is that you disagree with. Do you disagree that Marino is a HOF QB, because that is a fact that can be proven by visiting a specific building in Canton, Ohio. Do you disagree that the Chiefs did not sack Manning once when they played this season? Another fact that can be proven by watching the film of the game. You are entitled to disagree, but in the spirit of a discussion (on a "discussion" board) it is far more helpful if you state what you disagree with.

A discussion is usually based on an exchange of information. You didn't state what it is that you disagree with. Do you disagree that Marino is a HOF QB, because that is a fact that can be proven by visiting a specific building in Canton, Ohio. Do you disagree that the Chiefs did not sack Manning once when they played this season? Another fact that can be proven by watching the film of the game. You are entitled to disagree, but in the spirit of a discussion (on a "discussion" board) it is far more helpful if you state what you disagree with.

1) Marino, HOF qb, cannot get around that. he was doing things passing wise decades before anyone else did.

2) Chiefs-Broncos: watched the game and didnt notice they did not have a sack, although its not something i was tracking during the game.

3) now what i actually disagree with, its the whole conspiracy thing about roger pre-determining who he wants in the super bowl. i believe this type of stuff is way over stated. for the people who believe it like yourself, i'm not here to take away your opinion and i realize you guys have your angles like manning being the golden boy and payback for the bounty gate and so on. its a total over analyzing in my opinion and i believe even if roger wanted 2 certain teams there that he couldnt do it without some serious luck. they say the league wanted the ravens to win it because of ray lewis retiring, which i understand why people are going to think that, but if we score tds in the red zone in that game 3 different times aside from the final goal line stand then its a very different game in my mind. to me it will always be about execution, those teams who do win and usually the guys on the bottom end are looking for some sort of deeper justification. just my 2 cents.
I do not think it is rigged.

But ... I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we found out tomorrow that the whole thing is fixed.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
I agree with the majority here... Even though some may say its not rigged... It's pretty damn obvious it is favored. The NFL knows what it wants, and who it wants. They choose to make super stars and choose to hype teams up, even if they aren't that good. Peyton Manning threw that interception in that Super Bowl versus the Saints on purpose! Lol ... New Orleans was revived with the win and Peyton was from NOLA... All a great setup! Now, nfl is gonna pay him back with ring #2.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Next year there will be a new rule. No hitting the QB in the chest/neck area. rule #352 to protect QBs.
It might be a good thing to get Verne Troyer (Mini-Me from Austin Powers) to play QB for us....he'd never complete at pass but we'd get so many PF penalties for hitting outside of the sanctioned zone we'd move the ball to the half inch line and then just power it in with our RBs.....LOL

Goodell is going to have some serious fixing to do then! All Manning does in the postseason is throw INT's. Some things might be able to be manipulated, but when you have 22 football moving pieces during each play, not sure exactly what can be fixed -- except 15yr BS PF after the fact bogus penalties!
How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football (William Morrow), is that over seventy NFL games have been fixed. http://www.moldea.com/gamefixing.html
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football (William Morrow), is that over seventy NFL games have been fixed. http://www.moldea.com/gamefixing.html

Those guys could probably fix pro wrestling if they wanted to.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Personally I think that the refs should also be fined when making an obvious bad call. This would certainly stop the favoritism that some of these refs seem to have during a game. Maybe then they would start being more consistent in their calls.

I have a feeling the refs would miraculously do a decent job if they were to get fined for blowing easy calls.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hps49:
NFL is rigged.
It's like how we use to watch wwf back in the day. Entertainment.

Rasslin is supposed to be rigged....NFL, not so much.

I hate Goodell...the league has been circling the drain since he took over.
Share 49ersWebzone