There are 222 users in the forums

More proof that NFL refs are very biased in calling games.

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000283319/article/redskins-trent-williams-says-official-cursed-at-him

Basically says that a ref had a pre-determined bias against one of the Redskins players. Do you think that didnt affect his judgement when choosing to call penalties or not call penalties in a game this player was playing?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
OK, but Williams must've said or did something to warrant be called "a garbage ass disrespectful mother(expletive)"

A person just don't go off on another person unless something egregious happened. Players may say all kinda s**t to the ref and expect them to be OK with it. They are human beings too.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:

That's about the best argument a person can make right there.
Legal hit = flag, putting QB in headlock = no flag
NFL.....Goodell....hello, anyone listening?
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:

Lmao at Drew's eyes
Originally posted by YungAce:

Lmao at Drew's eyes
looked closed to me

yup

Not exactly, Kaepernick wasn't a "defenseless player" (ie. a QB in the pocket) since he had the ball tucked and was an established runner at that point. The only thing that could've been called was a facemask IF Akiem Hicks would've grabbed it.
Originally posted by IronSaint:

Not exactly, Kaepernick wasn't a "defenseless player" (ie. a QB in the pocket) since he had the ball tucked and was an established runner at that point. The only thing that could've been called was a facemask IF Akiem Hicks would've grabbed it.

Uhh no.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

This. Kaep was running...Brees wasn't. Though it was a bad call on the Brees hit...there is no conspiracy. lol
drew brees neck looked like it stretched a foot when he got hit lol
It's really a shame when a referee's call or non call has a major impact on the outcome of the game.

The referees seems to get caught up in the hoopla and the crowd excitement and they forget that their job is to call the game fairly.

Every once in a while I get the feeling that there's money being given under the table with the way some of these games are being called.

The inconsistencies are appalling and the NFL needs to do something about it.
Originally posted by 4ML:

This. Kaep was running...Brees wasn't. Though it was a bad call on the Brees hit...there is no conspiracy. lol

Defenseless player has nothing to do with that rule
You can't wrap around anyone's neck.
And a QB isn't defenseless, the only people who are "defenseless" are receivers who are going for the pass and get killed

Which by the way I hate that penalty!! I was a TE in HS and I started to play in jr college and played semi pro, I was put up to dry from my QB and all I remember was me on the ground and the ball popped up in the air (got picked). After watching film I saw that I jumped and two defenders helmet to helmet hit me simultaneously and I did a back flip in the air, the ball hit of them and then was picked.
My point is i got my bell rung, and I've been there, and that was and is a big play. And now any big game changing hit is illegal, and it's illegal to prevent a catch. I hate what the nfls become under goodell
Pocket passer golden boys get benefit of the doubt. Running QB's do not. That's the NFL rule.
Share 49ersWebzone