LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

**** WEEK 11 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/14 - 11/18 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Young Lewis and Dilfer explained perfectly on ESPN why that penalty was not bogus. If anybody saw what they just demonstrated and explained you see that penalty should've never been taken back, that was f***ing b******t.

Dumb question . . .
Wasn't time expired?
Even if the penalty had been called/stood - the game was over, right?
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jim Daopoulos ‏@RefereeJimD

That is a foul and should have been penalized... The pass was catchable...

the rule is same as tipped ball. It was intercepted underneath. Good call.

Still could have called defensive holding which can be called regardless of the outcome of the play so long as it occurs 5+ yards from the LOS.

With that said, I thought it was a fine no call. Once you throw the flag tho, and with that kind of evidence for viewers at home...s**t...you have to call it, don't you?
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Young Lewis and Dilfer explained perfectly on ESPN why that penalty was not bogus. If anybody saw what they just demonstrated and explained you see that penalty should've never been taken back, that was f***ing b******t.

Dumb question . . .
Wasn't time expired?

Nope, the Patriots would get one untimed down at the 1-yard line.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Dumb question . . .
Wasn't time expired?

No, a game can't end on a defensive penalty, just offensive (a 10 second runoff occurs on any offensive penalty under a minute).

It should have been New England's ball on the 1, giving them one play.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Nope, the Patriots would get one untimed down at the 1-yard line.

ah - thanks.
Originally posted by linkboy:
No, a game can't end on a defensive penalty, just offensive (a 10 second runoff occurs on any offensive penalty under a minute).

It should have been New England's ball on the 1, giving them one play.

thanks - x2
We better beat Washington. Carolina now has the inside track for the fifth seed.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Once again, the Panthers have perfectly demonstrated how inept the 9ers are in developing and utilizing players, at least as far as WRs go. Yep, Teddy Ginn made plays again and to be more precise scored the winning TD !! And that's the man we let go when we can't even pass for 91 yards. LOL. Good job 9ers !!
Originally posted by SFrush:
We better beat Washington. Carolina now has the inside track for the fifth seed.

They had the inside track when they beat us last week.

On the plus side, they still have New Orleans twice, so that could go in our favor.
Just a quick question. Isn't it technically a personal foul for throwing/launching a ball into the stands? I thought I have seen it called before but I could be wrong. Anyone know because Newton definitely did it after the go ahead TD late.

Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Just a quick question. Isn't it technically a personal foul for throwing/launching a ball into the stands? I thought I have seen it called before but I could be wrong. Anyone know because Newton definitely did it after the go ahead TD late.

It's a penalty for any celebration that uses the ball as a prop (although certain ones have been grandfathered in).

It's not really called that much unless it's a type of taunting.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

The 5th seed or the 6th seed, it doesn't matter.
eh I'm kind of a fan of that whole letting the last play, play out. On top of that, at least from my perspective sitting on the couch, it seemed like Gronk had no chance of catching that ball anyway. I know most of you are sour losing to the Panthers (this is not meant to be an insult), but you know it's always cool to see a new team start to emerge (assuming they don't emerge beating your team in the process).
[ Edited by zaghawk on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Not impressed with Carolina. They're good, but were lucky tonight. I think the Pats would beat them in Carolina 9 times out of 10.

espn should fire Jerry Austin. His shilling for the refs was an embarrassment.
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone