There are 219 users in the forums

**** WEEK 11 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/14 - 11/18 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • vaden
  • Veteran
if nothing else, the NFC West's defenses would've scared Peyton from coming here. Plus our pass blocking, which has been mediocre and vastly overrated for years.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by captveg:
When they do bring pressure Manning knows exactly where the mismatches are and kills you. That is why we rush to few and play so much nickel against these teams, many times today Brees had time but simply couldn't find anyone open. Same thing when we've beaten ARod the last 3 times or whatever.

In retrospect, SF should have offered him about a billion dollars in the 2012 offseason. It would have been amazingly entertaining to see Manning pissed off with Roman's play calling every week.

Manning ultimately didn't want to come here, dollar figures were probably similar but I also think he wanted to stay in the AFC. Manning would have run the offense himself, he would have sat down with Roman and implemented a game plan suited to his strengths and we would have won the SB last year. When you sign a guy like Manning he will call a lot of the shots. It's not like this is the same O they ran when McCoy was coaching Tebow, they were 2nd in points last year and will likely finish first this year. Manning makes the O, his OC doesn't have a huge impact at this point in his career.

True.
Originally posted by vaden:
if nothing else, the NFC West's defenses would've scared Peyton from coming here. Plus our pass blocking, which has been mediocre and vastly overrated for years.

I believe it was the NFC more than our O-line. Historically his O-lines have not been vastly better than ours, he gets rid of the ball so quickly that often it doesn't matter much.
WR drops and offensive penalties killed KC tonight. That and Reid being too conservative on the road at the goal line and in the 4th quarter on offense. Smith had a couple sacks he shouldn't have taken, and a couple bad throws, but man do a lot of his really good passes hit the ground when they should be easy catches. That McGrath holding penalty in the 4th when he scrambled for the first down was a killer, though.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I believe it was the NFC more than our O-line. Historically his O-lines have not been vastly better than ours, he gets rid of the ball so quickly that often it doesn't matter much.

True. Even the few times KC has gotten a good pass rush tonight, he gets the ball out before they can touch him.
Hip in bounds. Should be a TD.
Originally posted by vaden:

True. Even the few times KC has gotten a good pass rush tonight, he gets the ball out before they can touch him.

Must be frustrating as hell for a pass rusher. We tend to do well against these pass heavy teams. I mean we lost today but got screwed and have beaten the Saints twice, Pack three times, Falcons last year, Detroit, amongst others.
does one butt cheek equal 2 feet?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
does one butt cheek equal 2 feet?

Yes
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Al, it's an obvious call. have to onside kick

And this is why they should have gone for it on 4th down earlier in the quarter.
Onside kick it, no reason not to. If they recover you play D, all that changes is the field position. Need a three and out pretty much anyways.
I miss them overloading one side....wtf Reid.
Wow. Just stupid there Reid.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
wow
Share 49ersWebzone