There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive coordinator candidates around the NFL

I don't mind having Hue Jackson as our OC. I thought he did a good job at Chokeland despite the lack of talent he had there. I think our current players fit right into his system, just missing a deep threat thats all. I like his vertical attack and his aggressiveness, and he calls a lot of creative screens and hot routes when the defense is aggressive. If theres any way we can keep the creative running game that we have now and install his passing scheme, I think we would be a very dangerous offense to defend.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I have advocated this in the past, but i am just not sure how he would handle play calling duties or how he would put together a competent passing game. Simply just don't know enough about what he envisions as an ideal offense other than the run game.

I also dont recall many long term RB coaches that have successfully made the transition to OC.

Love Rathman though, and i would be on board if he is someone that was considered.

This.

Could have him as run game coordinator and hire a pass game coordinator. That being said does that ever work out? Probably not.
How about Tom Herman, OC for Ohio state? He is likely looking for a HC spot somewhere, but he was raised in Simi Valley, CA and maybe, just maybe, he wants to coach in the NFL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Herman_(American_football)

Its a long shot, but im not opposed to looking at the college ranks for an OC either, provided he has the credentials.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Could have him as run game coordinator and hire a pass game coordinator. That being said does that ever work out? Probably not.

In college maybe, not so much the NFL, I knew a few teams have tried it such as the Raiders, just causes too many issues, too many Chiefs/not enough Indians scenario.
How about Tom Herman, OC for Ohio state? He is likely looking for a HC spot somewhere, but he was raised in Simi Valley, CA and maybe, just maybe, he wants to coach in the NFL?

Its a long shot, but im not opposed to looking at the college ranks for an OC either, provided he has the credentials.

You never know, Marc Trestman was a lawyer before he ever got involved in football, crazier things have happened, he's got a solid coaching background.

You never know, Marc Trestman was a lawyer before he ever got involved in football, crazier things have happened, he's got a solid coaching background.

I really like Tom Herman alot. He runs a high powered passing attack, is good with QB's and WR's and also runs a proficient diverse run game. Im not sure how well his offense would translate to the NFL, but IMO he is one of the brightest young coaching prospects in college football right now.

Look what he did for Iowa State, and Rice. He is a guy that truely knows how to get the most out of the passing game, WR's and QB's.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bennett, McAdoo, Ryan or Jackson (in that order)....

Knapp can take a nap!

HOWEVER, going by a lot of posters/comments in this site, we can just assign someone in here... would it really take much to upgrade the play calling that we get now from Snorlax (triple-chin-play-action-pizza-to-the-mouth)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Lets blame Mangini. I have no evidence, but I think he's telling Roman to attack the defense all wrong

There just may be some truth to your humor... I don't recall (in any forum) so much calling of Roman's head before Mangini's arrival. Maybe Snorlax is nervous with Mangini around and/or looking over his shoulder
Originally posted by LVJay:

Knapp can take a nap!

HOWEVER, going by a lot of posters/comments in this site, we can just assign someone in here... would it really take much to upgrade the play calling that we get now from Snorlax (triple-chin-play-action-pizza-to-the-mouth)

I like Bennett a lot too, not as sold on McAdoo but he's certainly been in that system a long time. Hue Jackson is one a lot of people seem to like, he did well with Oakland as an OC.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Knapp can take a nap!

I like Bennett a lot too, not as sold on McAdoo but he's certainly been in that system a long time. Hue Jackson is one a lot of people seem to like, he did well with Oakland as an OC.

I would imagine just about anyone involved with offense from the Packers can do what Roman is doing now and a lot better. Jackson wasn't given enough time as a HC (IMO), and he had done a fine job as their OC "despite the lack of talent "...
chip kelly when he gets canned lol
I think we need to keep Roman and put the pressure on him to build. In the offseason we have some issues to address at WR, whatever the cost and add some of the Walsh style to the current offense.

But right now I don't want to see another OC, this can work if Roman quits trying to turn Kaep into something he isn't.

And Knapp is on that list? He was awful with the Raiders and I think he was the guy that got Seattle's last coach fired. I remember seeing Warren Sapp on TV just ripping that guy and he was right about him. Keep that dude away no matter what he is doing now.
I wouldn't mind Hue jackson. He did well in OAK
why did u only post QB coaches
I like this thread but I don't want to get excited about looking for a new OC because Harbaugh does not have the balls like big bro to fire GRo. They will keep saying we don't have the fire power due to injuries, they will justify losing games because of roughing the passer calls, etc. I think Harbaugh is one of those, I will sink with my ship type of guys. At the end of the day this all goes back to moving on to Kap waaaaay too fast. People flamed me and called me stupid on here blah blah blah, but it's like I said before; Kap is a project QB. Love the kid to death but we will go through 2-3 more years of this before he hits his stride.