LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

RG3

Shop 49ers game tickets
RG3 is a playmaker, I like his game, he is in the upper half of quarterbacks. His running will have to be reduced if he's going to stay in the league. I think he can be effective staying in the pocket. Comparing him to a young Vick is off the mark. When Vick took off it seemed the entire defense was in slow motion and he was in 5th gear. If Harbaugh coached him at the beginning of his career he may have been one of the elite players of his era.
I was jealous of the redskins for gettin rg3 before but kap is definitely better. He has the size speed smarts and can be clutch

Thank u football Gods; even though, you are obviously Colts fans
Is he hurt yet. Took another vicious hit yesterday.
Vick's lack of discipline isn't all Reid being a "nice" guy. He is just not as coachable as some QBs are and RGIII has the intellect that is rare among QBs. He and Luck coming in together were one of the most exciting drafts in a long time as far as QBs are concerned. That said, his style is less conducive to longevity than Luck, CK or even Wilson. He needs to develop a self protection attitude and that may be impossible...some guys just can't do that.

Kaepernick beats all of them, including Vick, in pure athletic ability and has the intellect and attitude to excel in the NFL. If he keeps growing...listening to his coaches...he will be the best, along with Luck, in the NFL for years to come. I hope RGIII can be there with them but just worry about the guys health.
RGIII is going to break in two sooner or later. I can't believe Shanahan lets him take such big hits.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
He's gonna be RG II and a half pretty soon.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Kaepernick beats all of them, including Vick, in pure athletic ability and has the intellect and attitude to excel in the NFL.

Kaepernick is fast but he's not nearly as fast as RG3 or Vick... let's not get ahead of ourselves... Kap I think ran 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 where as Vick was in 4.2 range and Griffin in the 4.3 range.... that's a huge difference....

Also, Kaep has got to step it up... he's been borderline awful this year... I'm tired of nearly breaking my TV set every other week screaming at him in my drunken rage.
Originally posted by anwhi1:
Kaepernick beats all of them, including Vick, in pure athletic ability and has the intellect and attitude to excel in the NFL.

Kaepernick is fast but he's not nearly as fast
as RG3 or Vick... let's not get ahead of ourselves... Kap I think ran 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 where as Vick was in 4.2 range and Griffin in the 4.3 range.... that's a huge difference....

Also, Kaep has got to step it up... he's been borderline awful this year... I'm tired of nearly breaking my TV set every other week screaming at him in my drunken rage.

CK is as good or better as a runner, is stronger, and his arm is better than Vicks...his timed speed was rumored to be much better than you cite. His delivery is one of the quickest in the NFL. OK...I pick CK over the others in a heartbeat!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
Cak is as good or better as a runner, is stronger, and his arm is better than Vicks...his timed speed was rumored to be much better than you cite. His delivery is one of the quickest in the NFL. OK...I pick CK over the others in a heartbeat!

Where are you getting this info from? Kaepernick is taller than Vick and RG3, that's about the only thing thats certain in Kap's favor...

Kap is definitely slower than both RG3 and Vick... who both possess sprinter's speed. Kaepernick is fast but not THAT fast... One of the knocks on Kapernick is his slower release, he's definitely not flinging the ball out like Vick... who seems to effortlessly just snap passes out of his hands in milliseconds...

I couldn't find Vick's combine page... but just by looking at Kaepernick's and Griffin's combine results, Griffin is the superior athlete in all the measurements, except for height..

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/colin-kaepernick?id=2495186

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-griffin,%20iii?id=2533033

Kaepernick has a WORLD of potential that he hasnt fully realized yet... but there is a reason our guy was a 2nd round pick and both Vick and RG3 were top 2 picks... they have physical gifts that are unmatched...
[ Edited by anwhi1 on Nov 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM ]

I think RG3 is amazing. I think he can be very accurate and that the knee ruined his season. The guy didn't have a preseason and came out cold in week 1.

He is an amazing runner and can go through his progressions. He does however hold on to the ball too long though and takes a lot of unnecessary hits. While at Baylor, I watched him in admiration.

With that, I think Kaep will end up being one of the best QBs in Niner history behind the GOAT and second to that in Young. Kaep has only started 20 games and while he has struggled without his WRs, he will bounce back in a big way. He can throw from the pocket with the best of them and he CAN throw a touch pass contrary to some beliefs. The difference in their running is pretty big, when RG3 runs the defender seems to constantly get a good shot on him. When CK runs, he gets brushed or glanced, but he can take a big hit. Colin is a beast of a human and I don't remember any QB having the open field speed he has. I know this wasn't a comparison between the two, but I think we as football fans are going to be robbed of enjoying RG3 due to injury, while Kaepernick advances to his potential. By the time the 2015 starts I think CK will be a Super Bowl MVP with a boat load of respect. Where RG3 will be struggling to get to 500.
Kaepernick is fast but he's not nearly as fast as RG3 or Vick... let's not get ahead of ourselves... Kap I think ran 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 where as Vick was in 4.2 range and Griffin in the 4.3 range.... that's a huge difference....

man, I know the 40 times say otherwise but with the pads on and defenders to out run, CK just stands out to me. Plus I think CK doesn't even hit full stride until 30 yards. At his size he is incredible.
Where are you getting this info from? Kaepernick is taller than Vick and RG3, that's about the only thing thats certain in Kap's favor...

Kap is definitely slower than both RG3 and Vick... who both possess sprinter's speed. Kaepernick is fast but not THAT fast... One of the knocks on Kapernick is his slower release, he's definitely not flinging the ball out like Vick... who seems to effortlessly just snap passes out of his hands in milliseconds...

I couldn't find Vick's combine page... but just by looking at Kaepernick's and Griffin's combine results, Griffin is the superior athlete in all the measurements, except for height..

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/colin-kaepernick?id=2495186

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-griffin,%20iii?id=2533033

Kaepernick has a WORLD of potential that he hasnt fully realized yet... but there is a reason our guy was a 2nd round pick and both Vick and RG3 were top 2 picks... they have physical gifts that are unmatched...

Couple of things--watching the three QBs you mentioned it stands out to me how well CK runs compared to the other two. He avoids big hits and gains yardage in bunches. Vick's career very well may be over...just can't stay healthy and RGIII is also in danger of being unable to protect himself...so far he has not done well. When talking about running it's not about 40 time, though CK has stated that his combine time was much slower than his best. What that means is unknown to me, but let's give Vick a big edge in straight line speed...doesn't mean much if he's in street close on the sidelines. So Kaepernick is fast enough to outrun the D to the edge, strong enough to stay healthy and has a unique running style that keeps defenders from taking head on shots at him.

I love RGIII but really doubt he can last unless he learns to protect himself. He was the most mature QB to come out of the draft, along with Luck, in years.

I'll confess...I do not like Vick. Don't like his passing ability (not accurate), his tendency to give games away, and the whole pit bull thing made me ill.

When football becomes a track meet I'll revise my opinion.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
I've watched a ton of Michael Vick tape since he was at Virginia Tech. I LOVED him. I thought he was the best player I've ever seen and I've always thought he wasn't in the right system. Even with Andy Reid, Reid wasn't tough enough as a coach to reel in Vick's playground style. Even Steve Young had to learn how to be a passer first, and it's a shame Vick had the career he did, all that stuff with pit bulls notwithstanding.

WHICH brings me to RG3. I watch him play and I'm like, Hey, that's a young Vick! The ol' run around and throw it up at the last second style of play. The style of play that gets you killed, and in a year and a half, RG3 has taken a lot of hits.

It's just a shame, I guess, and maybe it's too early to say, but it feels like I've seen this before. I hope RG3 gets it together, 'cause the league would be that much better for it. Vick never maximized his unlimited potential. I hope RG3 does, or the two most exciting QBs to enter the game these last 13 years or whatever will go for naught
It would be crazy if there was ever a QB who was a combination of Michael Vick and RG3 with a little bit of Cunningham and Favre mixed in

This^^
saints here we come
goniners
RG III - 7 seems to have regressed this year. I'm sure some of it was the knee injury, but it doesn't seem like he is progressing as an NFL QB. he looks a little rattled in the pocket and is missing on far too many throws. I thought he'd do better this year. Maybe he needs to stop doing press conferences and study film instead.
Share 49ersWebzone