LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

RG3

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
A s**tty team like Jacksonville or the Jets will sign him if he becomes available.

Jacksonville has a young stud in Bortles. The Jets will definitely take a look at RG3.

Jets, Bills, Texans and Browns are also candidates. The dark horse candidate is San Diego. Rivers is a free agent and RG3 will be a good hedge against him leaving in free agency. San Diego typically does not break the bank with contracts.

The New York media would tear him to shreds. CLE is a no b/c they already have 1 clown at QB to deal with. Houston would make sense but they have 3 QBs already. Agree about Jax.

I can def see the Bills, Raiders, Falcons, and Vikings, but my dark horse team is the Saints.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Sep 10, 2015 at 11:51 AM ]
Jacksonville has a young stud in Bortles. The Jets will definitely take a look at RG3.

Jets, Bills, Texans and Browns are also candidates. The dark horse candidate is San Diego. Rivers is a free agent and RG3 will be a good hedge against him leaving in free agency. San Diego typically does not break the bank with contracts.

Huh? Didn't Rivers sign a massive extension recently?
Reall
Originally posted by awp8912:

Really? Link please.
Reall

Really? Link please.

From WIKI:

On August 15, 2015, the Chargers and Rivers agreed to a 4-year, $84 million contract extension.
From WIKI:

On August 15, 2015, the Chargers and Rivers agreed to a 4-year, $84 million contract extension.

Eli is about to get the same extension. Why ?
officially 3rd string backing Cousins and McCoy
RG3 is going to have to swallow his pride, and claw his way back as a reserve , it appears he has a huge ego off the field, but seems to lack confidence on the field??

taking a pay cut, and signing with a run heavy team where he could be a "game manager" would be his best bet to get back in the swing of things, the Skins aren't going to tailor the offense to fit his skill set and build around him anymore, looks like that ship has sailed, because no team is going to hand him the starting Job and allow him to employ his reckless and risk taking style of play

Philly or Buffalo would be suitable fits for him, but something tells me Robert wants to be the Man and get well paid at the same time
Robert Griffin III Has Minimal Trade Value Because of Contract, Should Be Released Once Concussion is Cleared-
With Jay Gruden's announcement that Kirk Cousins would be the Washington starter for the 2015 season, you can almost certainly place a bow on the Robert Griffin III era in the nation's capital. He has very likely played his last game in Washington. I say "almost certainly" and "very likely" because, well, this is a dysfunctional franchise, and we can never rule out them making another sub-optimal move and costing themselves even more.

Kirk Cousins might struggle. I've been critical of Cousins in the past, calling him ridiculously overrated. Remember, he did get benched last year after throwing interceptions, replaced by Colt McCoy. In fact, over the last two years, among all quarterbacks in each year who threw 150+ passes, Cousins had the highest interception rate in 2014, and the third-highest interception rate in 2013.

But even if/when that happens, it's pretty unlikely that RG3 gets the call if he is still on the roster. Colt McCoy will play if necessary, and I could actually see the team signing a quarterback off the street to start ahead of Griffin, if there were injury issues.

Robert Griffin III's contract situation is the reason. In May, the team exercised the fifth-year option on Griffin. What this means is that Washington still holds his rights for the 2016 season, and a $16.5 million salary is guaranteed for injury only, until the 1st league day of 2016, at which time it would become fully guaranteed for skill, cap reasons, or injury. If Griffin were to struggle, or not play, Washington could release him after the season ended, with no further commitment. However, if Griffin were to play this season, and get hurt, they could be on the hook for 2016 if he remained injured past mid-March, when the new league year begins.

According to Mark Levin, the NFLPA Director of Salary Cap and Agent Administration, a team is obligated to pay an injury-only guarantee if they release the player while he is injured. A player is considered injured so long as he has suffered a football-related injury that prevents him from playing. If the team and the player were to disagree about whether the player was injured at the time he was cut, the NFLPA could get involved in the factual dispute.

What this means in the short-term is this: Washington isn't releasing Robert Griffin III while he is still not medically cleared to participate because of the concussion he suffered in the preseason. At minimum, a player would be injured so long as the team's physician had not cleared him to return to football activities. He is not scheduled to undergo further concussion tests until next week, so there won't be any official movement while he is injured....................

........Is Griffin worth a chance to a different organization? Sure, but because of the fifth-year option, not at that price. Other teams would be better off just waiting for Washington to release him and sign him to a team-friendly deal. I guess all it takes is one sucker, but I would be stunned if he was traded. The realistic option, and the one that would be better for Griffin, is to just get released as soon as he is healthy. Otherwise, he's probably sitting around for another year in a bad situation for all sides, packed away in bubble wrap, as stories about his time in Washington linger.
http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/02/robert-griffin-iii-has-minimal-trade-value-because-of-contract-should-be-released-once-concussion-is-cleared/
Out for season

This guy is done... His career ended his rookie year in the playoffs. Bummer
Can be designated to return after 8 games, but yeah, he's done. Should have taken Wentz.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Can be designated to return after 8 games, but yeah, he's done. Should have taken Wentz.

He's a smart guy so he's collecting a paycheck for free. Definitely not coming back after making a terrible career decision while with Mike Shanahan.
They just need to keep this guy in bubble wrap, holy s**t.
WTF? Man this guy is still worse off than Kap. Oh by the way, nice quarterback whispering Hue Jackson.
Too reckless or too delicate to play in this league? I say it's a little of both.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Too reckless or too delicate to play in this league? I say it's a little of both.

Too delicate. He has petite joints. Most QB's have thick joints. RG3 should have been a WR.
Share 49ersWebzone